Social Justice Warrior???? I Call B.S.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2016, 04:35 AM
RE: Social Justice Warrior???? I Call B.S.
(23-09-2016 11:48 PM)ViolexTV Wrote:  I'm guessing you're trying to make this some kind of "gotcha!" for "third wave feminism" but I think you're entirely misunderstanding my position.

So I'm a second wave feminist. The first wave were your Susan B. Anthonys. So I looked into this third wave feminism and don't see anything deserving of disdain. Got no idea why the term is derogatory. Looks like they accomplished good things to me.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-09-2016, 07:14 AM
(24-09-2016 04:35 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-09-2016 11:48 PM)ViolexTV Wrote:  I'm guessing you're trying to make this some kind of "gotcha!" for "third wave feminism" but I think you're entirely misunderstanding my position.

So I'm a second wave feminist. The first wave were your Susan B. Anthonys. So I looked into this third wave feminism and don't see anything deserving of disdain. Got no idea why the term is derogatory. Looks like they accomplished good things to me.

This vid should explain why

https://m.youtube.com/?reload=7&rdm=264s...7ah7Wwe6wY

Can't type up more reasons now just know the two problems i see is:

Tabula rasa(at least when the biology is counter to their claims)

And that 3rd wave feminism understands facts like it does men

Also how are you?Smile

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
24-09-2016, 06:50 PM
Third wave feminism is mostly about intersectionality, LGBT rights, gender theory, the elimination of gender roles, and about letting people express their gender identity however they feel suits them. It also looks at being critical about the media we consume through a social lens - discussing potentially harmful stereotypes and clichés. It's about being more socially aware and responsible consumers.

It's a movement made up of so many legitimate fields of study. I feel people likely misunderstand this and take people who are very loud and irrational about their views as representative of the entire movement.

Believe me, everything I believe in regards to feminism is the end result of reasonable thinking and what I personally believe to be morally right. I too used to be in the "anti-SJW" camp until I took a little while to try and understand the other beliefs, and realizing I was on that side all along. My biggest problem was just with those who were outright nasty about their positions. And yeah, I still have that problem. But I guess I understand that anger a lot more. I get where it comes from. But it gives off a really bad impression of what feminism is about.
[+] 1 user Likes ViolexTV's post
26-09-2016, 05:55 AM
(24-09-2016 06:50 PM)ViolexTV Wrote:  Third wave feminism is mostly about intersectionality, LGBT rights, gender theory, the elimination of gender roles, and about letting people express their gender identity however they feel suits them.

Which have been achieved(LGBT rights) or are completly pointless (elimination of gender roles)

(24-09-2016 06:50 PM)ViolexTV Wrote:  It also looks at being critical about the media we consume through a social lens - discussing potentially harmful stereotypes and clichés.

non-issue

(24-09-2016 06:50 PM)ViolexTV Wrote:  It's a movement made up of so many legitimate fields of study.

Gender studies is not a legitimate field, and sociology barely makes the cut, in fact it might was well just be done away with.

(24-09-2016 06:50 PM)ViolexTV Wrote:  I feel people likely misunderstand this and take people who are very loud and irrational about their views as representative of the entire movement.

Where do you think they get this views from? Think it just spawned on tumblr out of no where?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
26-09-2016, 06:08 AM
(26-09-2016 05:55 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(24-09-2016 06:50 PM)ViolexTV Wrote:  Third wave feminism is mostly about intersectionality, LGBT rights, gender theory, the elimination of gender roles, and about letting people express their gender identity however they feel suits them.

Which have been achieved(LGBT rights) or are completly pointless (elimination of gender roles)

That's debatable, and that's the very point Zeke. Rolleyes

Ex. LGBT are not considered a 'protected class' in all states, and so are still subject to legal discrimination.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
26-09-2016, 06:25 AM
(26-09-2016 06:08 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 05:55 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Which have been achieved(LGBT rights) or are completly pointless (elimination of gender roles)

That's debatable, and that's the very point Zeke. Rolleyes

Ex. LGBT are not considered a 'protected class' in all states, and so are still subject to legal discrimination.

Well I can see where it is debatable seeing as it is stated that Title VII of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission doesn't allow sexual orientation discrimination.

26-09-2016, 06:35 AM
(26-09-2016 06:25 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 06:08 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  That's debatable, and that's the very point Zeke. Rolleyes

Well I can see where it is debatable seeing as it is stated that Title VII of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission doesn't allow sexual orientation discrimination.

And racism doesn't exist any more either. There's no point to anti-racism activities now that racial discrimination is illegal.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-09-2016, 06:41 AM
(26-09-2016 06:35 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 06:25 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well I can see where it is debatable seeing as it is stated that Title VII of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission doesn't allow sexual orientation discrimination.

And racism doesn't exist any more either. There's no point to anti-racism activities now that racial discrimination is illegal.

On an individual level yes it does, but there is nothing anyone can do about the besides disproving what they said.

26-09-2016, 07:25 AM
(26-09-2016 06:41 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 06:35 AM)morondog Wrote:  And racism doesn't exist any more either. There's no point to anti-racism activities now that racial discrimination is illegal.

On an individual level yes it does, but there is nothing anyone can do about the besides disproving what they said.

I disagree. Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
26-09-2016, 09:39 PM
(26-09-2016 07:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 06:41 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  On an individual level yes it does, but there is nothing anyone can do about the besides disproving what they said.

I disagree. Tongue

[Image: fhHuvIP.jpg]