Social Justice Warriors are ruining my Star Wars1!1!1

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2017, 01:36 PM
RE: Social Justice Warriors are ruining my Star Wars1!1!1
(22-10-2017 11:29 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Well...my issue was that an untrained chick that just picked up a lightsaber for the first time was able to defeat a battle hardened dark side warrior. He should have mopped the floor with her. Made no sense to me.

Remember, this is Star Wars. Juvenalia. Sci-fi fantasy for those who want fantasy.
Stuff like that doesn't matter. Star Wars is stuffed chock full of infantile nonsense. It doesn't matter unless Star Wars upsets the snowflake white fanbois.

And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter
- Thomas Jefferson

Cheerful Charlie
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2017, 01:49 PM
RE: Social Justice Warriors are ruining my Star Wars1!1!1
Not to be that guy but I teach people how to properly use swords as a living and, if you strip Finn and Rey of their plot armour, they are both dead in about 8 seconds each.

Ren knows the footwork and they don't, and that's seriously enough to kill them both. He knows his strike range whereas Finn doesn't and in the case of Rey she's actually at a disadvantage because she is accustomed to an entirely different strike range. Then there is the fact that his weapon has a "guard" which puts him at a sizeable advantage and able to exploit the single biggest flaw in lightsabers as a "sword". When they do that goofy Hollywood sword clash and both push agaisnt eachothers weapons he can.....just run it down their lightsader and hack of all their fingers.

If you want to know what that scene should look like if you take away plot armour and the fact it's fantasy there is a scene in Star Wars you can look at. The Darth Vader hallway scene in Rouge One. I mean at one point Rey closes her eyes for 17 seconds while Kylo just ...stands there like a godsdamn idiot doing nothing.

All that said though it's actually one of the better lightsaber fights in the whole series as the cinimatography, acting and the tension, as well as the use of the soundtrack is fucking fantastic.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply