Social constructivism vs Positivism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2012, 08:36 PM
RE: Social constructivism vs Positivism
Hey, fst.

Even if this is true, it doesn't negate social constructivism, it just extends it to other animals.

Crows are pretty remarkable. If they have higher cognitive ability it would be cool. I'm reasonably certain that they don't have anything even approaching syntactical language (and the advent of syntactical language really is the thing that changed everything for humans). But again, it says nothing about social constructivism.

There's a lot of information coming in about language ability in other animals. I'm very interested about it in terms of how it relates to memetic theory (the hows and whys of language evolution are pretty controversial, but I'm partial to the meme-gene co-evolution theory myself). But nothing even remotely suggests that other animals are where we are yet (even interesting things like bite-force have explained differences in brain capacity among primates).

If I ever wind up having a conversation with a crow about the nature of existence and the existential crisis that is finite life, then I'll smile pretty wide Cool

But I'll still be a social constructivist Cool

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Social constructivism vs Positivism - Ghost - 30-12-2012 08:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Proposal for a new social contract Zatamon 69 4,539 29-03-2013 03:01 PM
Last Post: Zat
  Are smokers the only social people in the streets? Cetaceaphile 24 1,949 02-04-2011 03:37 PM
Last Post: Cetaceaphile