Social media mess

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2016, 01:35 PM
Social media mess
I love twitter to an extent but when I start following conversations of theists and non-theists, it seems utterly implausible that one could even begin to deconstruct viewpoints in 140 characters or less.

I'm sure Facebook isn't much better either although I haven't been on there in years.

Are there any other forms of social media that you gave up on because of the backlash against you or other nonbelievers? Or doesn't it bother you? Do you like the antagonistic approach to ruffle feathers or prefer to keep your belief system to yourself?

**Crickets** -- God
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2016, 01:44 PM
RE: Social media mess
If no one ask me about it then I prefer to keep my atheism to myself.

As for giving up on social media I stopped using polish forums as amount of idiocy, primitive nationalism and absurd clericalism coupled with simple stupidity beats any English language forum I've seen.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
23-02-2016, 01:49 PM
(23-02-2016 01:44 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  If no one ask me about it then I prefer to keep my atheism to myself.

As for giving up on social media I stopped using polish forums as amount of idiocy, primitive nationalism and absurd clericalism coupled with simple stupidity beats any English language forum I've seen.

Apparently you haven't seen Suscipe Domine. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-02-2016, 02:03 PM
(23-02-2016 01:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-02-2016 01:44 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  If no one ask me about it then I prefer to keep my atheism to myself.

I didn't, but I guess you didn't see Fronda which seems to be polish equivalent of forum you linked.

Also apart from what I said earlier I would judge general level of comments at Polish language sites as lower than those at English language sites. It's just private observation though, not necessarily true. Maybe I'm biased as I'm not exactly admirer of country in which I live.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
23-02-2016, 02:14 PM

...backs away slowly after looking it over. They have a guy there who's handle is Kaesekopf- means "cheese head". Maybe from Wisconsin?
23-02-2016, 02:26 PM

Now why did you have to do that, you knew I would look, you knew I would not just glance and leave. For the love of humanity, why Sadcryface2Sadcryface2
23-02-2016, 02:33 PM
I've never used Facebook or Twitter.

As far as discussing my atheism: It depends on the social situation. Generally I try not to bring up religion, but if the topic comes up, I will participate.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
23-02-2016, 09:29 PM
This is and always has been my only social media. I like yous guys and could give a rats ass about the rest of the world's opinions.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
23-02-2016, 09:46 PM
Its fun to irritate theists on FB. I guess that makes me a bad person.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
23-02-2016, 10:42 PM
(23-02-2016 09:46 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Its fun to irritate theists on FB. I guess that makes me a bad person.

I've considered joining facebook just to do that.... Big Grin

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post