Socialautopsy.com Good idea or Bad idea?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2016, 08:57 PM
RE: Socialautopsy.com Good idea or Bad idea?
(14-04-2016 08:31 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  
(14-04-2016 07:16 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Come to think of it, could this be a hoax? The project is so poorly thought out that it could very well be one in my opinion...

A very expensive and elaborate hoax. the first 100 or so profiles they have on their site are linked to real people, and all their information is but one google search away. According to their twitter there is an announcement coming on the 15th but their site keeps going down.

Now, I am thorn between two sides. If this is an hoax, then these people are jackasses. If this is a genuine project then these people are idiots. Do I prefer to live in a world with more jackasses or idiotsConsider?

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
14-04-2016, 10:07 PM
I don't get the hate towards it.
What's wrong with telling the teacher? Is it not better to have a peaceful solution than no solution or a violent solution?
A huge issue we have in this world is domestic violence and it starts with victims not speaking up. Or suicide, teenagers knocking themselves off because they're being bullied. And it's easier than ever now with social media and media devices. I think something like this could be beneficial, even save lives, if people have a safe place to report this sort of shit.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
14-04-2016, 11:34 PM
(14-04-2016 10:07 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I don't get the hate towards it.
What's wrong with telling the teacher? Is it not better to have a peaceful solution than no solution or a violent solution?
A huge issue we have in this world is domestic violence and it starts with victims not speaking up. Or suicide, teenagers knocking themselves off because they're being bullied. And it's easier than ever now with social media and media devices. I think something like this could be beneficial, even save lives, if people have a safe place to report this sort of shit.

For me the thing that makes me... anti... is that this database of online bullying will be compiled and curated by these people from where-the-fuck-istan. I don't think it's bad to hold ugliness up to the light, I do think it's bad to create tools like this which can be abused. Once your name is in that database it won't be easy to remove - can you actually imagine, Muffs, how your comments on TTA would look stripped of context, to someone who doesn't know your personality - if law enforcement were to use this database you could probably be convicted of something on the basis of your existing comments.

To solve these problems I think there are other ways, such as a support hotline for victims of domestic violence.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
15-04-2016, 12:34 AM
(14-04-2016 01:26 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  They want to turn the internet into a virtual "safe space" where everyone is protected from the big meanies. Like the nerd in 2nd grade that went and told the teacher every time they got picked on. People continue to become more pussified every day. The same lame babies that need safe spaces and protection from bullies are the same lame babies that have no problem getting together and bullying anyone that they disagree with. They want free speech but only their free speech.

Man, what is it with you and your fetishism of bullies and assholes?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
15-04-2016, 01:10 AM
(15-04-2016 12:34 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Man, what is it with you and your fetishism of bullies and assholes?

Dick calls out to dick.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
15-04-2016, 10:24 AM
So an Update to this little experiment : Kickstarter has suspended it for violating their Community Guidelines, likely after being reported for such from multiple people who found it questionable.

Vocative has bought out a piece claiming it was cyber bullies, and the ever present boogeyman 4Chan and that the site had been hacked. I dont think using the search term Site: http://www.soicalautopsy.com/person, qualifies as hacking unless that term is to loose all menaing.

So the cry of harassment has already been made, they brush aside criticism of their service as bullying and refuse to acknowledge that they have already started to compile the database using personal information.

My own limited tech skills has already made it so that i have found the information of several people quite easily, using what they have in their database.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-04-2016, 11:26 AM
Doxing is a crime. How is this different from doxing? It seems identical to me.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
15-04-2016, 12:11 PM
I don't like the idea of posting personal information on the internet but I also agree with Muffs that there is nothing wrong with being a tattle tale when it comes to bullying. Bullies are very fucking sick and if that can be nipped in the bud, so much the better. Kids who get bullied often lack self confidence but they are NOT "pussies" and there is nothing "pussified" about telling the teacher on them.

My cousin was bullied in high school. Sixty years later he returned to his hometown. He looked up the old bully and double tapped him -- i.e., shot him twice with a 9mm -- and dropped him like a brick. My cousin is now doing time for second degree murder. The lesson in this is, if you were a bully in high school, don't ever quit looking over your shoulder. Big Grin
15-04-2016, 02:12 PM
(15-04-2016 12:34 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(14-04-2016 01:26 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  They want to turn the internet into a virtual "safe space" where everyone is protected from the big meanies. Like the nerd in 2nd grade that went and told the teacher every time they got picked on. People continue to become more pussified every day. The same lame babies that need safe spaces and protection from bullies are the same lame babies that have no problem getting together and bullying anyone that they disagree with. They want free speech but only their free speech.

Man, what is it with you and your fetishism of bullies and assholes?

It seems clear that he identifies with the bully personality.

15-04-2016, 03:46 PM
Lol if you think this wouldn't be used by bullies to bully people.

Truth: 90% of bullies think that they're agents of good. If you think the wrong things, or say the wrong things, you're an asshole and deserve to be bullied; This is how they rationalise it. Simply disagreeing with an SJW online will land your name on there, with "Rape apologist sexist racist bigot" next to it.

Quote:“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

^ Every page in this thread needs this truism at least once.

Although I am also certain employers, and the commom man, won't give a fuck about this. Like most SJW propaganda, the few who hear of it quickly become aware of how absurd it is ansd ignores it. This would only be used ny a small amount of people, mostly those who had a hand in creating it. It would never get big enough to reach the ears of one who doesn't dabble in the online SJW/Anti-SJW culture.

Reinforcing an internet culture which believes doxxxing is okay as long as it's done to the bad guys is not going to work. Bullies don't believe they're the bad guys..