Socially akward religious kids

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2013, 06:32 PM

Socially akward religious kids
Anyone know those kinds of people?

I know a kid who had to ask one of my schools priests what a penis and a vagina were! And hes in 10th grade!
Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2013, 06:47 PM
RE: Socially akward religious kids
(28-01-2013 06:32 PM)That Icelandic Wrote:  Anyone know those kinds of people?

I know a kid who had to ask one of my schools priests what a penis and a vagina were! And hes in 10th grade!
When I was volunteering in a favela in Rio, the kids asked me if women in my country had periods. They didn't even know the correct word. I was seriously considering talking to the lady who ran the organisation about doing some sort of sex education, because some of them were already dating, and in a few years there were bound to be babies... In the end decided against it, because I don't think the parents would have liked it that much.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2013, 06:57 PM

Brazil? Like the catholicos centre of south america? Heh, not surprised. Apperently, acordding to "St." Augustine, a womans body is a temple built upon a sewer. Can you believe they still teach crap like that?! Buddha its annoying! Im amazed at how many people still live in mideival times!
Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2013, 02:58 AM
(28-01-2013 06:57 PM)That Icelandic Wrote:  acordding to "St." Augustine, a womans body is a temple built upon a sewer.
Jeez! Hadn't heard that one? Is that for real? Oh, what a loving, peaceful religion. How can anyone still be a Xian to this day and not be ashamed of it is beyond me.

Yeah, Brazil. I did meet quite a few non-religious people. One was actually born in a favela (their ghettos), learnt to read when he was 15 on his own (troubled family, like so many there), first book he read was on evolution, second one - Origin of Species. Needless to say, he's not been religious ever since. So if you can overcome such a start, there's still hope.

29-01-2013, 03:02 AM
They be they don't see a reason to be embarrassed, Veraly, that's why.

It's easy when those nasty thoughts are kept outside of your bubble.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
29-01-2013, 03:22 AM
Yeah, the cognitive dissonance must wreak havoc on their brains (such as they are, in the vast majority of cases). But to actually be able to delude yourself into thinking this is a religion of peace and love. None so blind...
[Image: apeeyes.jpg]

29-01-2013, 04:11 AM
it must be difficult, but humans brains can go though far worse than a 'lil dissonance every so often.

Keep in mind, their bubble keeps most of it out before the mind can really begin considering it.

As a side note, I like that facepalmin' ape you have there..

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
29-01-2013, 04:41 AM
It was supposed to represent someone who refuses to see...

But it could totally work as a facepalm, with a subtitle: "And this is the species that developed the most complex brain?" or something along those lines.

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
16-03-2013, 04:24 PM
I have noticed many fat single ugly moms running to churches for support, and their kid is a complete religious "a" hole. I went to a very weird church once, it was small, and the people there were very superficial. (acted overly excited about Jesus) This kid was kicking me and his Mom was an obese cow. She did not do or say anything to the kid. I think she was trying to possibly use people there to watch her a hole son. And then there was this other kid from the same church, that didn't even know me, and asked if he could ride my scooter. It was really weird. Shocking

“You just go where your high-top sneakers sneak, and don't forget to use your head.”
16-03-2013, 04:38 PM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2013 04:52 PM by Vera.)
(16-03-2013 04:24 PM)CaffinatedPuppy Wrote:  I have noticed many fat single ugly moms running to churches for support. This kid was kicking me and his Mom was an obese cow.
Would it have felt different if the mother hadn't been obese?

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post