Society And Physical Abuse

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
28-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Society And Physical Abuse
So I came across this little article and its acompaning video and thought I'd ask what your thoughts were on it?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/candacelowry/wat...e-a-man-in

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Blackhand293's post
28-05-2014, 12:54 PM
RE: Society And Physical Abuse
I dont know where to start with this and what opinions I have about it, but I can bet that its a bit different than most.

I've known women that were 10 times more dangerous than a lot of men I've known, yet when defending against a women, the man is automatically considered to be the aggressor and at fault.

I figure if a woman behaves like a man, I'll treat her like one, and that means everything that goes along with that statement.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like War Horse's post
28-05-2014, 12:58 PM
I think its spot on. I've been the victim of domestic abuse and no one really gets it, even my family side in with my wife at times.

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
[+] 2 users Like djkamilo's post
28-05-2014, 01:06 PM
(28-05-2014 12:58 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  I think its spot on. I've been the victim of domestic abuse and no one really gets it, even my family side in with my wife at times.

This. This is what pisses me off righteously about the world we live in. This is why I try and do everything in my power to change it. Even if I just change a few peoples ideas, that is a start.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
28-05-2014, 01:38 PM
It is probably because males are supposed to be the power and girls are supposed to sit and cook. If females beat up males it is funny because of this stereotype. Simply put males are like dogs while females are like hamsters, it is funny when they hamster beats the crap out of the dog.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
28-05-2014, 01:44 PM
It's the remnant of sexism.

Long as you push people into stereotypes because of gender, you're going to have these issues.

People are people, and they all can have all human traits. Gender has nothing to do with it.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
28-05-2014, 02:04 PM
Of course there's this, now famous video...

I have to say Jay Z or the bodyguard could have struck back but didn't.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
28-05-2014, 02:20 PM
(28-05-2014 01:44 PM)Dom Wrote:  It's the remnant of sexism.

Long as you push people into stereotypes because of gender, you're going to have these issues.

People are people, and they all can have all human traits. Gender has nothing to do with it.

It's a remnant of Feminism. Female on male violence is completely unexpected in the standard feminist narrative of the evil patriarchy and the victimized females.

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
[+] 5 users Like djkamilo's post
28-05-2014, 02:21 PM
(28-05-2014 02:04 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Of course there's this, now famous video...

I am guilty, this entertained me.Confused

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
28-05-2014, 02:39 PM
(28-05-2014 02:04 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Of course there's this, now famous video...

They didn't because the shear cacophony that would have been raised would have ruined his career. He would have been the abuser in that scenario, period.

Its the same reason that if a guy calls the DV line he will most likely get arrested not the abuser. Because penis.