Society And Physical Abuse

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
29-05-2014, 11:16 AM
RE: Society And Physical Abuse
(29-05-2014 10:46 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 10:36 AM)Dom Wrote:  That is a fringe group. It's not fair to use extremes as examples, there are also misogynists to balance that.

the very vast majority of women today are not that, and feminism has gotten a very bad name because of a handful of nit-wits.

Feminism led women from slavery to freedom. It irks me a lot that all that work over the decades by so many women who had to face a lot of crap to free themselves is now measured by the reputation of some crazy fringe group that stole the label feminism.

Is there a word for females who hate males, such as we have misogynist for males who hate females? That needs to be their label, not feminists.

They are not feminists and they are not striving for equal rights. They are simply haters and sick.

So they aren't "true" scotsman? I mean feminists?

I recongise the great work that feminists from the past have done, as I said above, just as I do unions etc. But I wont ignore the 'fringe" when the fringe is a very large and vocal group.

Besides, whats wrong with wanting to create equality for everyone, without worrying about what they are?

Misandry is the word - the counterpart to misogyny.

That's what you are talking about, not feminism.

Feminists were only about bringing women from slavery to EQUAL rights. EQUAL!!!!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2014, 11:20 AM
(29-05-2014 11:16 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 10:46 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  So they aren't "true" scotsman? I mean feminists?

I recongise the great work that feminists from the past have done, as I said above, just as I do unions etc. But I wont ignore the 'fringe" when the fringe is a very large and vocal group.

Besides, whats wrong with wanting to create equality for everyone, without worrying about what they are?

Misandry is the word - the counterpart to misogyny.

Feminists were only about bringing women from slavery to EQUAL rights. EQUAL!!!!

Except the term has been Co Opted by the fringe group and is now what everyone thinks when they hear it.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
29-05-2014, 11:21 AM
(29-05-2014 10:46 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Besides, whats wrong with wanting to create equality for everyone, without worrying about what they are?

That is what feminism is about. When it started, women were slaves and feminism brought them into the current age, where the only inequality left is unequal pay for equal work.

As I said before, now existing laws need to catch up. They work mostly against men, except for rape, where the raped woman is still presented as slut.

That is why you now have male rights groups, and that is as it should be. It's not equal until it's equal.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
29-05-2014, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2014 11:29 AM by Dom.)
(29-05-2014 11:20 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 11:16 AM)Dom Wrote:  Misandry is the word - the counterpart to misogyny.

Except the term has been Co Opted by the fringe group and is now what everyone thinks when they hear it.

And that bugs the shit out of me. I am a proud feminist, I pioneered in business and overcame all kinds of odds. Except that now it's all crap because some women who are into misandry dragged feminism into the dirt.

Bugs me to no end!

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
29-05-2014, 11:31 AM
(29-05-2014 11:24 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 11:20 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Except the term has been Co Opted by the fringe group and is now what everyone thinks when they hear it.

And that bugs the shit out of me. I am a proud feminist, I pioneered in business and overcame all kinds of odds. Except that now it's all crap because some women who are into misandry dragged feminism into the dirt.

Bugs me to no end!

Come to the meritocratic egalitarianism.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSa51NDIoyX8ljERhJHWax...jiyEA6tClw]

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
29-05-2014, 11:33 AM
(29-05-2014 11:20 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Except the term has been Co Opted by the fringe group and is now what everyone thinks when they hear it.

Bugs me to no end!

I'm with you, I support the real feminist movement and wish the crazy trolls could be shunted from it but they have their own echo chambers and tend to hunt as a pack.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
29-05-2014, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2014 12:06 PM by cjlr.)

Bugs me to no end!

Yeah, but credit where credit's due on that one. All movements have lunatic fringes, but a fringe does not come to dominate perception for no reason. Try decades of effort by opponents to create just that stigmatisation.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
29-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Well then, i wasted my time for the last several decades. Angry Nothing good came from it. Sad I'm just a man hating bitch.

29-05-2014, 11:52 AM
(29-05-2014 11:48 AM)Dom Wrote:  Well then, i wasted my time for the last several decades. Angry Nothing good came from it. Sad I'm just a man hating bitch.

Okay....so who said nothing good came from feminism over the years again? Or that it was a waste of time?....

Dont make me chase you down and give you a whack lady. TongueBangin
29-05-2014, 12:04 PM
All I remember of feminism in the 70s, is Hellen Ready, maxi dresses and Birkenstocks...... oh, just shoot me now. Weeping

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.