Society And Physical Abuse

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
30-05-2014, 11:01 AM
RE: Society And Physical Abuse
I kinda got your drift to begin with Moms, it was when Djkamilo said "You are right the EPA is important because of this", that I thought something else was implied or that EPA was a acronym for something else. All is well with the world now. Shy

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2014, 11:04 AM
(29-05-2014 01:30 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  Can any of the feminists here tell me what else is there for Feminism to fight for?

I mean besides legislating for income equality, which is a noble goal though it always has a cemplete disregard for economics and ends up hurting women in the worforce.

Medical rights.

And equal pay hurts people? You are delusional. Same job, same pay.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-05-2014, 11:07 AM
(29-05-2014 02:48 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 01:54 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  How does income equality hurt women?

Income equality doesnt hurt women. Legislating it however does hurt them in the job market.

Let me explain.
Let's pretend that there is ubiqutous discrimination of women in the workforce. Women looking for employment have to negotiate for lower wages than male counterparts (loosely defined, although Stanford Economist Thomas Sowell shows in Economics: Fact And Fallacies that when filtering for never married and childless women and men with similar qualifications and experience there is actually a higher wage for women than men)

So let's say that the employers who were a little sexist but cared more about their profits hired some women (because they would negotiate lower wages than men) and the really sexist employers just completely barred women from working with them.

Then lets assume it's legislated that women have to be paid the same as their male peers or else the employer will pay a fine or whatnot.

The really sexist employers will have no better motivation to hire women and the not so sexist employers that hired women in the past because they would be cheaper now really have no incentive to prefer them over men and will hire less of them leaving more women unemployed.

That is assuming there is actually pay discrimination which economist Thomas Sowell has actually shown not to exist in Economics: Facts and Fallacies and Basic Economics. For a quick breakdown of his case you can read it here.

And what does one end up with? Hiring and advancement based on individual merit.

Your argument is pure bullshit. Drinking Beverage

30-05-2014, 11:11 AM
(30-05-2014 11:01 AM)War Horse Wrote:  I kinda got your drift to begin with Moms, it was when Djkamilo said "You are right the EPA is important because of this", that I thought something else was implied or that EPA was a acronym for something else. All is well with the world now. Shy

Yeah, I was confused, too. Since they were talking feminism, I thought she meant the Endangered Penis Act. Unsure

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
30-05-2014, 11:19 AM
(30-05-2014 11:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 11:01 AM)War Horse Wrote:  I kinda got your drift to begin with Moms, it was when Djkamilo said "You are right the EPA is important because of this", that I thought something else was implied or that EPA was a acronym for something else. All is well with the world now. Shy

Yeah, I was confused, too. Since they were talking feminism, I thought she meant the Endangered Penis Act. Unsure

Damn you Angry ...... you made me look to see if it was still there... whew! hasnt disappeared yet. Blush

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
30-05-2014, 05:38 PM
(28-05-2014 12:38 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  So I came across this little article and its acompaning video and thought I'd ask what your thoughts were on it?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/candacelowry/wat...e-a-man-in
[Image: enhanced-23869-1400871707-1.png]

Harvard study says 70 percent of domestic violence is committed by women against men
(study taken down, there's a screenshot but this is the actual article)
http://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/abs...005.079020