Sock puppets, and the banned. Is there a better way?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2014, 10:42 AM
RE: Sock puppets, and the banned. Is there a better way?
(25-09-2014 10:21 AM)LastPoet Wrote:  ---
At any rate, it would be something to consider, remember Dennis Markuze, AKA David Mabus? The Communities united and got him away from the internet for a long time. Granted, he was in Canada, and I'm not much acquainted with the US law on these matters, since I live in Europe.

Mabus (who has graced us with his presence, btw) was paroled from prison in February (?) of this year ... within a couple of weeks, either he or a copycat turned up on the internet. I guess they pounced on it very quickly because I really didn't hear any more rumblings after that; I can only assume they must have neutered him completely.

I didn't keep up with all that ... I try to stay away from the seriously mentally deranged. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2014, 10:54 AM
(25-09-2014 10:42 AM)kim Wrote:  Mabus (who has graced us with his presence, btw) was paroled from prison in February (?) of this year ... within a couple of weeks, either he or a copycat turned up on the internet. I guess they pounced on it very quickly because I really didn't hear any more rumblings after that; I can only assume they must have neutered him completely.

I didn't keep up with all that ... I try to stay away from the seriously mentally deranged. Drinking Beverage

No internet atheist forum can be named that, if it wasn't blessed(!) with Dennis presence, teeeheee Big Grin
26-09-2014, 06:50 AM
ยป adolpshitlah - 14-09-26 07:30 -- im going to teach you a very valuable lesson Deidre. I'm going to show you what happens when you start to that she was a person of mockery who's really just trying to show you a gesture of respect. I'm going to show you what happens when you get somebody's hopes up repeatedly is just to crush them. I was always honest with you deidre. it seems you are the Pretender. at least you said so many things about me that I know where false.

From the shout box.

A case needs to start being made, if it hasn't already.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
26-09-2014, 08:00 AM
I doubt the information he gave about himself is real. So I don't know what methods are used to make a case against more or less anonymous internet harassment.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
26-09-2014, 08:10 AM
Link regarding cyberstalking laws. Thru this link you can find other resources on this issue in regards of how to handle.

Sooner or later the "target" and TTA will have to get the authorities involved- like it or not-- if they want this problem resolved.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/telecommuni...-laws.aspx

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
26-09-2014, 08:22 AM
I'm just going to leave the site. Posting here isn't worth all this headache. :/

Be true to yourself. Heart
26-09-2014, 08:25 AM
(26-09-2014 08:22 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I'm just going to leave the site. Posting here isn't worth all this headache. :/

I don't think you need to do that. He's not worth you leaving over.

Hug

I sent you a PM.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-09-2014, 08:30 AM
I would encourage you to not leave as well. Maybe just stop looking at the shoutbox for a few weeks. I used to talk in the shoutbox all the time, but I honestly have looked at it less than 5 times in the last couple months. It's not too hard to avoid.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 4 users Like Adrianime's post
26-09-2014, 08:48 AM
Ok, you're right. Thanks guys. Hug

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 5 users Like Deidre32's post
26-09-2014, 09:46 AM
I agree Deirdre, don't leave, we love you! Heart this isn't your fault, and you shouldn't have to adjust your behavior to correct it. Hug

I do think it may be time for the admins to get with seth and contact the authorities. I think the personal info he posted about where he was living is true. The things he is saying about her, to her, and his level of dedication to this is disturbing. We don't know how far he is willing to go, and perhaps we shouldn't give the benefit of the doubt in a situation like this.

He has created at least 33 accounts in 5 days. Paragraphs upon paragraphs of disturbing messages about her. To a highly obsessive, controlling, and hateful manner. Sure he does a lot of copying and pasting, but he does switch it up here and there. Bottom line he is spending probably most of his day creating accounts and typing messages for her.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 6 users Like Smercury44's post