Sock puppets, and the banned. Is there a better way?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2014, 02:21 PM
RE: Sock puppets, and the banned. Is there a better way?
(26-09-2014 02:14 PM)kim Wrote:  Here, she is among friends who can help her learn to recognize manipulative behavior and help her learn to be strong, while remaining a compassionate person. Here, she can be herself, without judgement and without expectations... she can test her own newly formed world views and rant and joke and blow off steam with the rest of us.

Consider

You make a strong point. Thumbsup

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2014, 02:25 PM
(26-09-2014 01:33 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  He's a manipulative psycho coward who wants to control you.
If you leave you'll just encourage his behavior, you're saying that it's ok and that if he continues to be a deranged fucktard he'll continue to get what he wants.

I'm not a professional or anything but I guess that's pretty much how his life operates. If he wants something he just plays the mentally disabled card and people around him give in or use it as an excuse to excuse his bad behavior.

You were doing good by standing up to him and not taking his shit, it's for the best if you keep doing that, it shows that he can't have a tantrum to always get what he wants and that he can't control you.

There's no drama, seriously. The mods are a full team who share the workload and don't mind playing a bit of wack-a-troll. It's not your fault he's behaving the way he is.

I completely concur.

One can only control one's own self. <-- this means he only controls himself.

However, he also wants to control others. He has made it his life's work to become an expert in controlling others.

One of the ways (they are numerous) he does it, is to let YOU think his behavior depends on YOU.
It's the easiest hook in the book, frankly.

Control freaks ... piss me off. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
26-09-2014, 02:26 PM
(26-09-2014 10:34 AM)LastPoet Wrote:  No need to leave deidre, don't give that fucker the satisfaction. Also, if the staff here requires it so, the AF staff will be more than happy to help fuck that psycho over.

30 socks heh? He did more that in a single day over there. Must be getting slow.

For me it's not about fucking him over, it's about protecting the forum and it's members.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
26-09-2014, 02:30 PM
(26-09-2014 02:26 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(26-09-2014 10:34 AM)LastPoet Wrote:  No need to leave deidre, don't give that fucker the satisfaction. Also, if the staff here requires it so, the AF staff will be more than happy to help fuck that psycho over.

30 socks heh? He did more that in a single day over there. Must be getting slow.

For me it's not about fucking him over, it's about protecting the forum and it's members.

From what? he can do what is doing to her here on another website and he is still going to make socks regardless of weather she is here or not, remember penut gallery?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
26-09-2014, 03:40 PM
(26-09-2014 02:26 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  For me it's not about fucking him over, it's about protecting the forum and it's members.

If I had that line of thought, I wouldn't be here, my main forum is free of matty for some time, why should I care for other forums? Right?

Nah, I'm not like that. The guy has all the signs for a psychopath and one day he will hurt someone he knows in a forum, someone that just lives nearby him and is naive enough to try to understand/save/help him giving personal information.

By fucking him over I meant to use the law to get him where he belongs, in a padded cell for as long as it takes.
26-09-2014, 03:48 PM
(26-09-2014 02:30 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(26-09-2014 02:26 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  For me it's not about fucking him over, it's about protecting the forum and it's members.

From what? he can do what is doing to her here on another website and he is still going to make socks regardless of weather she is here or not, remember penut gallery?

I actually think he would go away (from this forum) if she weren't here. His shout box diarrhea of the last few days is directed exclusively at her. Without her, he has no purpose here. I concede your other point, though. He can and will harass her on other forums. I agree that he should be behind bars with no access to a phone or a computer. If we could make that happen, it would be worth the effort.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
26-09-2014, 04:05 PM
I'll explain: Matty joins a forum and once he manipulates his way into having a ( he targets mostly females ) member that tries to be understanding/empathetic towards him, he then proceeds to his creepy act of stalking. Once said member figures him out for what he is, he will then go batshit and get banned, only to harass the forum, using said member as the excuse for his sockpuppeting and other shenanigans. This has happened before, and not exclusively with Deidre, but some others. It is quite easy to spot this behaviour, it is never his fault, but everyone else's. Eventually he will get tired, but not before some valued members have left the forum.

Just food for thought. I saw this happen before.
[+] 3 users Like LastPoet's post
26-09-2014, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 26-09-2014 04:54 PM by GirlyMan.)
He appears to be limited to the Shout Box. The Shout Box, unlike posts in the forum, is like my bowels - self-cleaning. No colonic irrigation necessary. I'm pretty sure Deep can prevent new members from posting in the Shout Box until their first regular post in the forum is approved. LastPoet knows more about forum software than Girly so he can correct me if I'm mistaken.

(25-09-2014 10:54 AM)LastPoet Wrote:  
(25-09-2014 10:42 AM)kim Wrote:  Mabus (who has graced us with his presence, btw) was paroled from prison in February (?) of this year ... within a couple of weeks, either he or a copycat turned up on the internet. I guess they pounced on it very quickly because I really didn't hear any more rumblings after that; I can only assume they must have neutered him completely.

I didn't keep up with all that ... I try to stay away from the seriously mentally deranged. Drinking Beverage

No internet atheist forum can be named that, if it wasn't blessed(!) with Dennis presence, teeeheee Big Grin

hehehehehe ... new rulership for SCOFFING BOURGEOIS ATHEIST PIGLETS! ... hehehehehe ... sorry, every time I hear the name Mabus I just can't ,help myself ...

#sigh
26-09-2014, 05:04 PM
(26-09-2014 04:05 PM)LastPoet Wrote:  I'll explain: Matty joins a forum and once he manipulates his way into having a ( he targets mostly females ) member that tries to be understanding/empathetic towards him, he then proceeds to his creepy act of stalking. Once said member figures him out for what he is, he will then go batshit and get banned, only to harass the forum, using said member as the excuse for his sockpuppeting and other shenanigans. This has happened before, and not exclusively with Deidre, but some others. It is quite easy to spot this behaviour, it is never his fault, but everyone else's. Eventually he will get tired, but not before some valued members have left the forum.

This x 1000

FWIW, don't worry about me guys, seriously. He's only been harassing me here. (shoutbox)

But, I want nothing to do with him anymore. I don't want any involvement, I have my own life stresses and I'm going through my own issue with wondering if I even identify myself as an atheist anymore. Confused So, I just want to be left out of anything having to do with him, and I'm taking a break from here just to get a break from the drama, and such.

I'm more humiliated than anything else. I'm not afraid of the guy, etc. I'm just humiliated by this whole thing. Undecided

Ok...that's all I wanted to add. Thanks guys, and have a good weekend. Heart

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
26-09-2014, 05:16 PM
(26-09-2014 05:04 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(26-09-2014 04:05 PM)LastPoet Wrote:  I'll explain: Matty joins a forum and once he manipulates his way into having a ( he targets mostly females ) member that tries to be understanding/empathetic towards him, he then proceeds to his creepy act of stalking. Once said member figures him out for what he is, he will then go batshit and get banned, only to harass the forum, using said member as the excuse for his sockpuppeting and other shenanigans. This has happened before, and not exclusively with Deidre, but some others. It is quite easy to spot this behaviour, it is never his fault, but everyone else's. Eventually he will get tired, but not before some valued members have left the forum.

This x 1000

FWIW, don't worry about me guys, seriously. He's only been harassing me here. (shoutbox)

But, I want nothing to do with him anymore. I don't want any involvement, I have my own life stresses and I'm going through my own issue with wondering if I even identify myself as an atheist anymore. Confused So, I just want to be left out of anything having to do with him, and I'm taking a break from here just to get a break from the drama, and such.

I'm more humiliated than anything else. I'm not afraid of the guy, etc. I'm just humiliated by this whole thing. Undecided

Ok...that's all I wanted to add. Thanks guys, and have a good weekend. Heart

You need a hug.Hug

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post