Poll: What do you call Soft Drinks/Carbonated Beverages?
Soda
Pop
Coke
Other
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Soda, Pop, Coke, or ... ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2012, 08:57 PM
RE: Soda, Pop, Coke, or ... ?
Aspertame gives me rashes on my arms, I avoid it like the plague. =0\ I used to like diet Dr Pepper though.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2012, 09:26 PM
(20-10-2012 05:43 PM)Magoo Wrote:  "Soda"

Fuckin Americans Dodgy

Lol Magoo.

.......how did you guys miss that?

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
20-10-2012, 10:49 PM
I prefer ginger beer. have never liked coke, prefer pepsi,but don't like that much either.

"Lean,keen, and so serene"~~~
24-10-2012, 12:47 AM
One of the funniest things I ever heard was at a gas station near Hearst Castle in California. A middle-aged couple, probably out-of-state tourists, had stopped for gas. The wife went into the convenience store and called back out to her husband, "What kinda Coke you want, a Pepsi?"

That's become a running joke between me and my partner for years now.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 2 users Like cufflink's post
24-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Soda is soda. Could be root beer, birch beer, ginger ale. To me, anything that's carbonated could be termed soda (though I've never had contact with those weird energy drinks and don't know if they're carbonated -- I wouldn't call them soda if they are). If I go to a restaurant and ask for Coke, I mean Coca-Cola ™. I will, however, because I prefer the Coke brand, ask for "Coke" and only after the word has left my lips realise they have Pepsi instead. Then I'll say, "Er, or Pepsi. Regular, no ice, please."

I know someone who lives in Ohio who calls it 'pop'. It's so weird. She's the only person I know who calls it that. I'm also aware that people in other parts of the US call soda by different names. That's weird too. You guys are weird. Wink

"The amazing thing is that every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. ... So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today." -- Lawrence Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes calmblueocean's post
26-10-2012, 03:47 PM
I use the word "soda" to describe a Coke (using the example you've provided). Just like I call my dad "dad", while his name is Joe. Coke, Sprite, Dr. Pepper; they're all sodas, so, I use that as a general term when I'm not speaking about a specific brand.

My grandparents were all from Pennsylvania, though, so they all called it "pop".

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user