Soda = worst thing ever?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2015, 10:44 AM
RE: Soda = worst thing ever?
(27-07-2015 10:30 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 10:05 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  That has more to do with the local lack of water filtration than the benefits of soda. Even in small doses Soda is horrible for your teeth, there is no benefit to drinking it that you would not get more of from just drinking fresh clean water.

Yabut, caffeine. Drinking Beverage

Coffee or tea both have additional benefits and provide caffeine.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2015, 10:51 AM
(27-07-2015 10:44 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 10:30 AM)Chas Wrote:  Yabut, caffeine. Drinking Beverage

Coffee or tea both have additional benefits and provide caffeine.

In order to get around coffee's bad reputation and take advantage of tea's good reputation through the use of euphemisms, I'm gonna start referring to coffee as "coffee bean tea", which is essentially what it is.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
27-07-2015, 01:31 PM
(26-07-2015 09:40 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(19-07-2015 08:51 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I pretty much dropped all soft drinks a while ago, and all I got was an increased desire for Coke and Woodroofe lemonade.

If you really want to lost weight , quitting soda is a must. And forget about diet soda bullshit. You will still gain weight drinking diet soda. I lost weight very fast quitting soda. In only a month the results were amazing.

Yeah sugars are what are the issue here, just like with all snack foods, cakes, cookies, and drinks. Diet soda does not cause weight gain and is a total myth. It is about calories in and calories out - PERIOD. Drinking a zero calorie food or drink does not contribute a damn thing.

It is unfair to demonize one item in a diet. Hell, if you plot obesity growth rates with the increase in organic food consumption you will see a perfect correlation. Yes there is not much nutritional value in soda, but as a refreshment it is just 150 or so calories - not poison FFS.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
27-07-2015, 01:57 PM
(27-07-2015 01:31 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(26-07-2015 09:40 PM)Leo Wrote:  If you really want to lost weight , quitting soda is a must. And forget about diet soda bullshit. You will still gain weight drinking diet soda. I lost weight very fast quitting soda. In only a month the results were amazing.

Yeah sugars are what are the issue here, just like with all snack foods, cakes, cookies, and drinks. Diet soda does not cause weight gain and is a total myth. It is about calories in and calories out - PERIOD. Drinking a zero calorie food or drink does not contribute a damn thing.

It is unfair to demonize one item in a diet. Hell, if you plot obesity growth rates with the increase in organic food consumption you will see a perfect correlation. Yes there is not much nutritional value in soda, but as a refreshment it is just 150 or so calories - not poison FFS.

Actually most studies show that using artificial sweeteners such as those in Diet sodas cause the body to crave real sugar. You end up ingesting more calories to compensate.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
27-07-2015, 02:03 PM
(27-07-2015 01:57 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 01:31 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Yeah sugars are what are the issue here, just like with all snack foods, cakes, cookies, and drinks. Diet soda does not cause weight gain and is a total myth. It is about calories in and calories out - PERIOD. Drinking a zero calorie food or drink does not contribute a damn thing.

Actually most studies show that using artificial sweeteners such as those in Diet sodas cause the body to crave real sugar. You end up ingesting more calories to compensate.

There are some suggestive studies, but not most. Just think about who consumes diet sodas as a whole. There are a lot more factors contributing to being overweight other than the drink you have with your excessive food intake. There are studies I can source that show that groups drinking water vs groups drinking diet soda show the water group to have lost less weight. You will not find any real science behind the general claim that diet sodas cause you to eat more.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
27-07-2015, 03:41 PM
(16-07-2015 10:59 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  If you listen to these health nuts you'd be able to eat nothing but dirt and drink distilled water.

Fuck 'em.

And what does it get you?

[Image: extra20yrs.jpg]

I can't say that I desire to be 80+ either.

My Grandpa has given me enough of an example of the future.
27-07-2015, 03:52 PM
Take care of your health now and you will be a healthy 80. I am not a health nut by any means--I think you should still indulge from time to time. But indulging *all the time* can create or contribute to a whole host of health problems down the road.
26-08-2015, 08:55 PM
Considering I can't have caffeine without making my anxiety disorder flare up, giving up sodas was easy.

But tea, and coffee? I need to, but giving those up has been too hard xD

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
27-08-2015, 03:02 AM
Worse than zipping up your junk? Shocking

I drink the fuck outta some Pepsi, gotta quit that shit. Gotta go buy a new filter for the fridge. Thumbsup

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user