16-07-2015, 11:55 AM
RE: Soda = worst thing ever?
I would just eat people.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2015, 11:57 AM
Any kind of habit that controls some part of your life can, and probably will, screw up your health.

The thing about ingesting a processed substance is that it becomes addictive on many different levels. Like Hobbit ... after she controlled one habit (the caffeine) she still wanted the drink for another reason.
Abating one addiction is tough, trying to control a multi-addiction must be nearly impossible without going cold turkey.

By the way ... those plastic bottles and/or cans of soda ... what do you suppose is used to coat the inside of the container, so the acid won't eat through as it sits on the shelf? Ever wonder about that?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
16-07-2015, 12:01 PM
All these healthy living people are one day going to look very foolish, living to a very old age, then dying for no reason at all..................

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
16-07-2015, 12:11 PM
(16-07-2015 11:55 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I would just eat people.

People aren't organic.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
16-07-2015, 12:28 PM
(16-07-2015 12:11 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(16-07-2015 11:55 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I would just eat people.

People aren't organic.

Are you a terminator?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
16-07-2015, 12:34 PM
I only drink homeopathic soda that has been diluted by alcohol instead of water.
Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
16-07-2015, 12:34 PM
Consider Wasn't the terminator part machine /part organic material?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
16-07-2015, 12:35 PM
(16-07-2015 06:57 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  So... here is a graphic which shows all the bad things soda inflicts upon us.

...some of this is very suspect... like linking it to aggression and violence... I would like to see the data on that study.

It isn't the soda. It is the sugars. HFCS in particular. IIRC 90% of processed foods contain added sugar.

Sugars stimulate the same area of the brain that cocaine stimulates. It is addictive. Try going without if you don't believe me. I have cut back 90% of my intake and oh boy when i have buttered toast and jam...I have a very hard time stopping. Hmmmm gummie bears.No

So, do food companies have a vested interest to add an addictive substance to their products? maybe we should ask tobacco companies?

Sugars stimulate your appetite. Sugars overstimulate your insulin producing cells which help your cells store energy for later use. If you weigh 300lbs, does your body need to be told to store energy for later use?
16-07-2015, 12:35 PM
(16-07-2015 12:34 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I only drink homeopathic soda that has been diluted by alcohol instead of water.
Drinking Beverage

Ah, whiskey. Thumbsup

16-07-2015, 12:42 PM
(16-07-2015 12:28 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(16-07-2015 12:11 PM)yakherder Wrote:  People aren't organic.

Are you a terminator?

I meant in the sense that people eat things that would cause them to be unable to pass inspection in accordance with the USDA organic regulations, they aren't organic. Therefore eating people is unhealthy.

'Murican Canadian