You're all wrong, it's sodee. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2015, 02:31 PM
RE: Soda = worst thing ever?
(16-07-2015 02:25 PM)pablo Wrote:  You're all wrong, it's sodee. Big Grin

Hmm... Consider

I'll concede to Sodee-Pop. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
16-07-2015, 06:20 PM
I'd never heard it called pop until I moved to Oregon from California. That's dumb.

I'm not a soda drinker. It gives me the hiccups and sometimes it bubbles up and comes out of my nose.

When I was in high school I was hanging out with a guy I had a huge crush on and he offered me a coke. I drank it and it fizzed out my nose. He avoided me after that and I've avoided sodas thereafter.

Lesson learned.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
16-07-2015, 06:36 PM
(16-07-2015 06:20 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'd never heard it called pop until I moved to Oregon from California. That's dumb.

I'm not a soda drinker. It gives me the hiccups and sometimes it bubbles up and comes out of my nose.

When I was in high school I was hanging out with a guy I had a huge crush on and he offered me a coke. I drank it and it fizzed out my nose. He avoided me after that and I've avoided sodas thereafter.

Lesson learned.

I knew a guy who grew up in Hawaii and never heard it refereed to as pop. He was at a college in Idaho and was in a locker room with some guys after playing basketball, and a dude came up to him and asked him, "Hey you wanna go grab a pop after this?" He had no clue what he was being asked and got wigged out.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
16-07-2015, 06:39 PM
(16-07-2015 06:20 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'd never heard it called pop until I moved to Oregon from California. That's dumb.

Lesson learned.

Maybe now that your nose is fixed you wouldn't have the same issue. Consider

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
16-07-2015, 09:22 PM
(16-07-2015 10:11 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I am so addicted to soda. It's not the caffeine because I haven't had any for a year and a half. (I really only drink sprite or similar since I had the baby, gave soda up completely while pregnant. ) It's the carbonation. I've recently started using my soda stream to carbonate Wylers sugar free juice mix. Totally fixes the craving.

I don't really drink any soda. I do like the carbonation though--especially in the heat in California. Is Wyler's good? I usually drink Pellegrino or Perrier and that's usually it.
16-07-2015, 09:25 PM

It's tonic in Massachusetts Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
17-07-2015, 12:55 AM
Seems lolly water is also a term used in Australia for soda. I'm gonna start calling it that now. Go through McDonalds drive thru and order me a large lolly water.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
17-07-2015, 01:35 AM
I don't keep soda in my house. I drink it on occasion. I make sure that on the rare scenarios that I do have it, that I become incredibly violent and throw things at people in the restaurant, and stab my arms with insulin shots for the temporary diabeetus that I get from it. Wilford Brimley then busts through the wall in a koolaid costume going, "OH YEAH, DIABEETUS!" and his mustache throws 16 tablespoons of sugar at innocent bystanders.

Something like that. Mostly though I hate how much sugar it has in it and I go, "fuck that shit." so I don't drink it.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
17-07-2015, 01:43 AM
(16-07-2015 09:25 PM)jennybee Wrote:  

It's tonic in Massachusetts Big Grin

I think that may only be southeastern Mass and Rhode Island. Consider

Soda and soft drink seem more common.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user