• 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2015, 07:19 AM
RE: Soda = worst thing ever?
(17-07-2015 08:55 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-07-2015 08:50 AM)Chas Wrote:  ... "Is Pepsi® OK?"

The answer to this question is of course "No. It is not okay."

It's better.
Thumbsup

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
18-07-2015, 07:25 AM
(18-07-2015 07:19 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(17-07-2015 08:55 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  The answer to this question is of course "No. It is not okay."

It's better.
Thumbsup

[Image: cc309eab6fafe8924b63dc997a4a272c.jpg]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
18-07-2015, 07:28 AM
In a restaurant (make that nearly every restaurant)...do you have Pepsi? Is Coke okay - ummm, no. If it were, I'd have asked for Coke. Undecided

In Iowa, it was called pop...but with that definite midwestern pronunciation. More like 'pawp'.

In SC, I had to learn to ask for a soda. But I did hear a lot of people referring to fizzy soft drinks as Coke - even if it was really a 7-Up they wanted.

There is also a line in the states above which when you ask for sweet tea and they say - we don't have sweet tea but we have sugar. Ummmm - not the same but thanks. Bring me a Pepsi...oh, you have Coke - no that's not okay, I'll just die of thirst. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
18-07-2015, 08:17 AM
I grew up in the south calling it soft drink or cola or soda, never pop.

Nowadays I mostly drink fizzy water, but part of me misses Tab, a key source of caffeine during my college years. Even though Tab was peculiarly nasty tasting, there was something addictive about it.

I do hate it when I order a Diet Coke in a restaurant and it turns out to be one of those hellholes that serve only Pepsi products. "Is Diet Pepsi okay?" No. Not ever.
18-07-2015, 08:20 AM
(18-07-2015 08:17 AM)julep Wrote:  I grew up in the south calling it soft drink or cola or soda, never pop.

Nowadays I mostly drink fizzy water, but part of me misses Tab, a key source of caffeine during my college years. Even though Tab was peculiarly nasty tasting, there was something addictive about it.

I do hate it when I order a Diet Coke in a restaurant and it turns out to be one of those hellholes that serve only Pepsi products. "Is Diet Pepsi okay?" No. Not ever.

I don't care for any diet drinks...artificial sweeteners are nasty.

But, it's blasphemy to speak ill of the Pepsi. Dodgy

[Image: smiley-eatdrink014.gif]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
18-07-2015, 09:34 AM
(18-07-2015 08:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(18-07-2015 08:17 AM)julep Wrote:  I grew up in the south calling it soft drink or cola or soda, never pop.

As much as I prefer Pepsi over Coke, I think Diet Coke is better than Diet Pepsi (not that either one is actually good).

Tab is just too disgusting to even contemplate.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
18-07-2015, 09:38 AM
(18-07-2015 08:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  

Laugh out load My teenage son would agree with you 100%!

Both Coke and Pepsi, diet and full-sugar versions, taste way too sweet to me these days. I find Pepsi even sweeter than Coke, so I just can't stand it. And those Pepsi-only places never seem to have decent coffee.
18-07-2015, 10:29 AM
From the perspective of someone who actually enjoys good food, this is like watching a conversation between cheese connoisseurs where one side is arguing for Velveeta and the other side is adamant in their preference for Kraft singles.

If I were going to treat myself, maybe some obscure brand of cream soda or something.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
18-07-2015, 10:41 AM
(17-07-2015 01:46 AM)Logisch Wrote:  
(17-07-2015 01:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  I think that may only be southeastern Mass and Rhode Island. Consider

Soda and soft drink seem more common.

'round these here parts... it's POP.

I don't know anyone who calls it pop and I'm in the sameish parts Tongue
18-07-2015, 12:08 PM
I like root beer from some of the lesser known local companies. Yeah, I know, it's very sweet but.... it makes me a sweet person.

I've never had a sarsaparilla but I'm not so sure that it isn't the same thing as root beer.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.