Soda = worst thing ever?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2015, 12:29 PM
RE: Soda = worst thing ever?
(18-07-2015 12:08 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I like root beer from some of the lesser known local companies. Yeah, I know, it's very sweet but.... it makes me a sweet person.

I've never had a sarsaparilla but I'm not so sure that it isn't the same thing as root beer.

Sarsaparilla is like a root beer with a hint of licorice flavor. I think I've only had it at Renaissance fairs

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-07-2015, 12:36 PM
(18-07-2015 12:08 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I like root beer from some of the lesser known local companies. Yeah, I know, it's very sweet but.... it makes me a sweet person.

I've never had a sarsaparilla but I'm not so sure that it isn't the same thing as root beer.

Sasparilla is an herb used in the making of root beer but it can also be brewed like tea, which will have the distinctive root beer taste.

I like a root beer occasionally, usually either locally bottled or from a small batch crafter. It might be a tad expensive but Virgils is worth it for the taste. And I can get it at Price Chopper. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
18-07-2015, 12:39 PM
(18-07-2015 10:29 AM)yakherder Wrote:  From the perspective of someone who actually enjoys good food, this is like watching a conversation between cheese connoisseurs where one side is arguing for Velveeta and the other side is adamant in their preference for Kraft singles.

If I were going to treat myself, maybe some obscure brand of cream soda or something.

You might want to try San Pellegrino fruit sodas.

[Image: San-Pellegrino-Fruit-Flavors-330ml-Can.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
18-07-2015, 01:33 PM
(18-07-2015 12:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-07-2015 10:29 AM)yakherder Wrote:  From the perspective of someone who actually enjoys good food, this is like watching a conversation between cheese connoisseurs where one side is arguing for Velveeta and the other side is adamant in their preference for Kraft singles.

If I were going to treat myself, maybe some obscure brand of cream soda or something.

You might want to try San Pellegrino fruit sodas.

[Image: San-Pellegrino-Fruit-Flavors-330ml-Can.jpg]

Now that's some good tonic! Big GrinTongue
18-07-2015, 04:36 PM
[Image: Moxie_logo.jpg]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
18-07-2015, 04:38 PM

IBC Cream Soda is a treat.

What brands are you referring to? I love cream soda.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
19-07-2015, 06:46 AM
Soda is a poison. I lost 23 pounds in two months quitting soda. I feel great and my blood pressure is like a baby again. I only drink water right now.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 2 users Like Leo's post
19-07-2015, 08:51 AM
(19-07-2015 06:46 AM)Leo Wrote:  Soda is a poison. I lost 23 pounds in two months quitting soda. I feel great and my blood pressure is like a baby again. I only drink water right now.

I pretty much dropped all soft drinks a while ago, and all I got was an increased desire for Coke and Woodroofe lemonade.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
26-07-2015, 08:05 AM
It seems that many people dramatize the effects of certain foods or food ingredients nowadays, with gluten as one popular example. Maybe that's because they think they won't get the attention they want if they don't exaggerate, or because they want to sell their books.

It's the same with soda like with any other sweet or fatty food: Simply keep in mind that you shouldn't drink too much of it. It is the dose that makes the poison, and in that sense soda is as much a poison as chocolate is Wink One glass every few days won't have any ill effects on you if you're healthy.
[+] 1 user Likes DemSit's post
26-07-2015, 09:36 PM
(26-07-2015 08:05 AM)DemSit Wrote:  It seems that many people dramatize the effects of certain foods or food ingredients nowadays, with gluten as one popular example. Maybe that's because they think they won't get the attention they want if they don't exaggerate, or because they want to sell their books.

It's the same with soda like with any other sweet or fatty food: Simply keep in mind that you shouldn't drink too much of it. It is the dose that makes the poison, and in that sense soda is as much a poison as chocolate is Wink One glass every few days won't have any ill effects on you if you're healthy.

Your post is bullshit in a way. The truth is that most people this days drink soda everyday and not every few days. Soda is very addictive and a big amount of people this days suffer from this addiction. You are right that drinking a glass of soda every few days will not affect your health. Consuming too much sugar with soda or any form of candy is bad for our health. Believe it or not ,drinking a glass of soda everyday = 15 pounds of weight gain every year in adults over 30. Obesity is a very common problem in United States.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 3 users Like Leo's post