Soda = worst thing ever?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2015, 09:40 PM
RE: Soda = worst thing ever?
(19-07-2015 08:51 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(19-07-2015 06:46 AM)Leo Wrote:  Soda is a poison. I lost 23 pounds in two months quitting soda. I feel great and my blood pressure is like a baby again. I only drink water right now.

I pretty much dropped all soft drinks a while ago, and all I got was an increased desire for Coke and Woodroofe lemonade.

If you really want to lost weight , quitting soda is a must. And forget about diet soda bullshit. You will still gain weight drinking diet soda. I lost weight very fast quitting soda. In only a month the results were amazing.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2015, 09:42 PM
I never was a huge soda drinker. I'd rather have my sugar intake from chocolate covered strawberries or vegan carrot cake. Yum!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
26-07-2015, 09:43 PM
(19-07-2015 06:46 AM)Leo Wrote:  Soda is a poison. I lost 23 pounds in two months quitting soda. I feel great and my blood pressure is like a baby again. I only drink water right now.

Good for you Leo!!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
26-07-2015, 09:45 PM
(26-07-2015 09:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  

Good for you Leo!!

Thanks ! I feel great right now. Not more soda for me ! Water is my best friend.Smile

[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
26-07-2015, 11:37 PM (This post was last modified: 27-07-2015 12:11 AM by DemSit.)
(26-07-2015 09:36 PM)Leo Wrote:  Your post is bullshit in a way. The truth is that most people this days drink soda everyday and not every few days. Soda is very addictive and a big amount of people this days suffer from this addiction. You are right that drinking a glass of soda every few days will not affect your health. Consuming too much sugar with soda or any form of candy is bad for our health. Believe it or not ,drinking a glass of soda everyday = 15 pounds of weight gain every year in adults over 30. Obesity is a very common problem in United States.

Depending on the amount of soda you drink regulary and the exact amount of sugar in it you're certainly right that it can support weight - gain a lot, especially if one has an unhealthy way of living and unhealthy culinary tastes anyways. So I agree.

I wanted to check your argument of soda being 'very' addictive and first checked the ingredients. The only ingredient which I found could really trigger an addiction is sugar. You don't find sugar, on the other hand, exclusively in soda. One would have to reject all foods rich in sugar in that case. Avoiding soda only wouldn't have any benefits, if one would substitute it with a different source of sugar.

If one really would suffer from an addiction, I agree that that person would most likely have to stop consuming these foods entirely at first (for the exact treatment and diet of course a doctor should be asked). But I wouldn't be too quick to diagnose an addiction just because one likes to drink soda or eat chocolate. For at least some there certainly is no addiction, and these people can properbly avoid ill effects with just some awareness and self-control. So I reject your hypothesis that my earlier post was bullshit Wink

Anyways it's great that you lost some weight and feel better now.
27-07-2015, 03:54 AM
Supposed addiction aside, ten teaspoons of sugar is not a normal or healthy amount to regularly add to your drinks.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
27-07-2015, 04:48 AM
In some places they feed babies cola because it is cleaner than the water

"If something is true, no amount of wishful thinking will change it."
Richard Dawkins Bowing
I am part time vogon and owner of atheist websitehttp://proofevolutionisfalse.com
Best pal: Arthur Dent
27-07-2015, 10:05 AM
(27-07-2015 04:48 AM)Sam Polter Wrote:  In some places they feed babies cola because it is cleaner than the water

That has more to do with the local lack of water filtration than the benefits of soda. Even in small doses Soda is horrible for your teeth, there is no benefit to drinking it that you would not get more of from just drinking fresh clean water.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
27-07-2015, 10:07 AM (This post was last modified: 27-07-2015 10:12 AM by Leo.)
(26-07-2015 11:37 PM)DemSit Wrote:  
(26-07-2015 09:36 PM)Leo Wrote:  Your post is bullshit in a way. The truth is that most people this days drink soda everyday and not every few days. Soda is very addictive and a big amount of people this days suffer from this addiction. You are right that drinking a glass of soda every few days will not affect your health. Consuming too much sugar with soda or any form of candy is bad for our health. Believe it or not ,drinking a glass of soda everyday = 15 pounds of weight gain every year in adults over 30. Obesity is a very common problem in United States.

Depending on the amount of soda you drink regulary and the exact amount of sugar in it you're certainly right that it can support weight - gain a lot, especially if one has an unhealthy way of living and unhealthy culinary tastes anyways. So I agree.

I wanted to check your argument of soda being 'very' addictive and first checked the ingredients. The only ingredient which I found could really trigger an addiction is sugar. You don't find sugar, on the other hand, exclusively in soda. One would have to reject all foods rich in sugar in that case. Avoiding soda only wouldn't have any benefits, if one would substitute it with a different source of sugar.

If one really would suffer from an addiction, I agree that that person would most likely have to stop consuming these foods entirely at first (for the exact treatment and diet of course a doctor should be asked). But I wouldn't be too quick to diagnose an addiction just because one likes to drink soda or eat chocolate. For at least some there certainly is no addiction, and these people can properbly avoid ill effects with just some awareness and self-control. So I reject your hypothesis that my earlier post was bullshit Wink

Anyways it's great that you lost some weight and feel better now.
You earlier post was somewhat bullshit because you made the assertion that most people are drinking soda few times a week
and that's obviously false. The majority of people this days drink soda atleast once a day. When people are young under 30 , they can burn the calories. The metabolism after 30 turn slow and that's when gain weight begins if the person don't quit the sugar consumption. Many people drink soda with every meal as well. And yes if you substitute soda with other drink that has sugar, you aren't really doing anything. If you substitute soda with chocolate or candy ,you will still gain weight . Too much sugar consumption in USA is one of the main reasons of obesity. Thanks for your last comment. I really appreciate it.

27-07-2015, 10:30 AM
(27-07-2015 10:05 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 04:48 AM)Sam Polter Wrote:  In some places they feed babies cola because it is cleaner than the water

That has more to do with the local lack of water filtration than the benefits of soda. Even in small doses Soda is horrible for your teeth, there is no benefit to drinking it that you would not get more of from just drinking fresh clean water.

Yabut, caffeine. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post