Sodomy - why is it wrong?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2013, 07:15 AM
RE: Sodomy - why is it wrong?
(02-12-2013 08:31 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  If you try to make sense of the bible, you're gonna have a bad time. Laughat

*snip*

This^

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2013, 07:16 AM
03-12-2013, 07:41 AM
(02-12-2013 08:35 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I'm a glutton for punishment. I guess I just keep trying to understand the opposing rationale, so that I can be more compassionate towards someone's feelings. Kumbaya and shit.

Well, you're never going to get a good answer on that. The people who decided this is terrible died thousands of years ago. They passed onto us a very creepy and nonsensical bronze age mythology. Now, that's what the "true believer" apologists are stuck with, and oh, the mental gymnastics and special pleading!

I'm sorry, but that's really as deep as the rabbit hole goes.

(02-12-2013 09:02 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Oh those nocturnal emissions. You know what that is? Lilith, also other succubus who pleasure men at night, women get an incubus. This is how myths start, when trying to figure shit out and don't know anything about bodily functions sex demons come into play.

Oh, if only people could get over the concept of demons being bad. Think about it: go to bed, and maybe you'll get a handy that night!

Mythology would be cooler if we took all of our natural bodily functions and made them into something good instead of something creepy. Nocturnal emission? Lol, you mean demon rape!
03-12-2013, 07:56 AM
(03-12-2013 07:16 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(03-12-2013 03:50 AM)Chippy Wrote:  Christianity: The Pope for one. Humanae Vitae re-affirmed the Roman Catholic idea that all sexual acts are to respect the unitive and procreative significance of sexual intercourse. Anal and oral sex are intrinsically sterile, they have no procreative dimension and they have no unitive dimension.[1]

Islam: Cursed is the one who approaches his wife in her rectum[2]

Judaism: Oral and anal sex are permitted but the ejaculation must occur in the vagina (see Sefer Kedushah; Chapter 21; Halacha 9)
So, nothing from the Bible.

Wow, you still suck at formatting your posts so that they're not blank... Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
03-12-2013, 08:14 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2013 08:22 AM by IndianAtheist.)
(02-12-2013 08:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  Because it's just a shitty thing to do? Consider
No because its a pain in the ASS!
(02-12-2013 08:58 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  It's wrong because a man, three thousand plus years ago, was willing to let an entire town gang rape his daughters, so that a couple of magic angels, who apparently were in no need of defense as they could bind anyone at will, wouldn't get raped. And then there is this giant magical man in the sky, who controls everything, and he was so happy that this man was willing to let his daughters get gang raped by an entire town that he decided it's good to let your daughters get gang raped by an entire town, but sodomy is now bad.
Hope that clears it up.
I.... maa.. [Image: what-the-fuck-am-i-reading.jpg]

I think i now realize that Bible was like the 2 girls 1 cup of the Stone ages!
[+] 2 users Like IndianAtheist's post
03-12-2013, 08:31 AM
(03-12-2013 08:14 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 08:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  Because it's just a shitty thing to do? Consider
No because its a pain in the ASS!
(02-12-2013 08:58 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  It's wrong because a man, three thousand plus years ago, was willing to let an entire town gang rape his daughters, so that a couple of magic angels, who apparently were in no need of defense as they could bind anyone at will, wouldn't get raped. And then there is this giant magical man in the sky, who controls everything, and he was so happy that this man was willing to let his daughters get gang raped by an entire town that he decided it's good to let your daughters get gang raped by an entire town, but sodomy is now bad.
Hope that clears it up.
I.... maa.. [Image: what-the-fuck-am-i-reading.jpg]

I think i now realize that Bible was like the 2 girls 1 cup of the Stone ages!

LMAOBanana_zorro

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
03-12-2013, 08:50 AM
(03-12-2013 04:01 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Christianity seems to hold on to some idea of sex only as a means to reproduce. That's why sodomy is bad, that's why masturbating is bad, homosexuality is bad, and contraceptives are bad. They are really scared of sex, and nudity, but realized it must occur, so they minimize it's use to a utilitarian thing. That's the root of it all.
LOL they might not like to meet our second closest relative Bonobos XD
[+] 1 user Likes IndianAtheist's post
03-12-2013, 08:57 AM
(03-12-2013 07:56 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(03-12-2013 07:16 AM)alpha male Wrote:  So, nothing from the Bible.

Wow, you still suck at formatting your posts so that they're not blank... Drinking Beverage
Sorry, I'm used to forums with better software and/or settings. I'll take more care in the future. Tongue
03-12-2013, 09:16 AM
(03-12-2013 12:37 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(03-12-2013 12:08 AM)nach_in Wrote:  First of all, I clarified that I think homosexuality is one of a varied set of ways of control. Not every society use every way.

Everyone does it except those that don't.

Quote:I didn't talked about the jews and I don't give a fuck about your, apparently, very anti-semitic remarks.

Idiot. Prior to the influence of Judaism on Europe via Christianity, homosexuality was not deemed to warrant the death penalty. That is the central point here. Your bullshit theorising about "power relationship[s]" doesn't change that.

Quote:I'm just saying that the control of human needs and desires is a usual way in every society to establish and maintain control of the people.

Bullshit. Not every (your word) society is/was like North Korea.

Quote: In every power relationship you'll find some sort of prohibition of some basic need, whereas is food, sex or clothing is irrelevant a...

Bullshit. What "basic need" is prohibited in Australia or New Zealand?

yes, of course! you are right, thanks for illuminating my mind with such wisdom

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
03-12-2013, 09:26 AM
(02-12-2013 08:24 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  My question is. Why is sodomy wrong? What is it about Sodomy that god supposedly found so objectionable? (he is cool with rape though)

I have heard the "spilled seed" biblical quote, but that just doesn't make any sense to me. Seed is spilled all the time in normal every day life*. Nocturnal emissions, all those other 300 days in a year when no egg is available, or when a woman is already pregnant and further conception cannot occur are all spilled seed?

I'm not referring to homosexual sex, either….So please refrain from rehashing the equality arguments. Heterosexuals engage in all types of oral and anal sex. Why is this immoral? If it is immoral…why isn't kissing immoral, as this is clearly not nature's intended use of our mouth….

*As an aside In fact, the healthiest sperm is not the ones that have been sitting in the testes for very long. Recent studies for male fertility suggest that too much abstinence can damage the DNA of the sperm that is produced. Australian researchers have found that having daily sex actually improves the quality, if not the quantity of sperm. The thought behind this is that regular ejaculations get rid of the old sperm and make way for newer healthier sperm.

Truth be told, God has no ass. Laughat
Jealousy + power = sodomy outlawed. Yes

Well that, and God is such a Gomorron. (sorry)

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair