Sodomy - why is it wrong?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2013, 09:30 AM
RE: Sodomy - why is it wrong?
(03-12-2013 09:26 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Well that, and God is such a Gomorron. (sorry)

What the hell is a Gomorron?

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2013, 09:40 AM
(03-12-2013 08:57 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(03-12-2013 07:56 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Wow, you still suck at formatting your posts so that they're not blank... Drinking Beverage
Sorry, I'm used to forums with better software and/or settings. I'll take more care in the future. Tongue

Do what you will, your posts aren't worth reading outside of their unintentional hilarity. Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
03-12-2013, 09:43 AM
(03-12-2013 09:30 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(03-12-2013 09:26 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Well that, and God is such a Gomorron. (sorry)

What the hell is a Gomorron?

Just a play on Gomorrah and moron.
Bad I know, that's why I said sorry.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
03-12-2013, 09:45 AM
(03-12-2013 09:43 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(03-12-2013 09:30 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  What the hell is a Gomorron?

Gomorron (Swedish)
noun
-1. sleep (in the corner of the eye)

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/gomorron

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
03-12-2013, 09:51 AM
(03-12-2013 07:41 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 08:35 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I'm a glutton for punishment. I guess I just keep trying to understand the opposing rationale, so that I can be more compassionate towards someone's feelings. Kumbaya and shit.

Well, you're never going to get a good answer on that. The people who decided this is terrible died thousands of years ago. They passed onto us a very creepy and nonsensical bronze age mythology. Now, that's what the "true believer" apologists are stuck with, and oh, the mental gymnastics and special pleading!

I'm sorry, but that's really as deep as the rabbit hole goes.

(02-12-2013 09:02 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Oh those nocturnal emissions. You know what that is? Lilith, also other succubus who pleasure men at night, women get an incubus. This is how myths start, when trying to figure shit out and don't know anything about bodily functions sex demons come into play.

Oh, if only people could get over the concept of demons being bad. Think about it: go to bed, and maybe you'll get a handy that night!

Mythology would be cooler if we took all of our natural bodily functions and made them into something good instead of something creepy. Nocturnal emission? Lol, you mean demon rape!
Demons are just a dynamic of life personified. Think of demons, what do they represent? Usually jealousy, pride, hubris, wrath, certain things that are considered negative if unchecked. Just part of life. Sure you can lesson the impact or just accept that these things are part of life. Its best not to go batshit crazy and declare that demons are actually evil entities from the underworld. You start sounding like a crazy personTongue

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
03-12-2013, 10:13 AM
(02-12-2013 11:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I think it's fun myself...but I'm a heathen.

[Image: inmybunk.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
03-12-2013, 11:02 AM
(03-12-2013 09:43 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(03-12-2013 09:30 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  What the hell is a Gomorron?

oohhhhhh….sorry. I guess i was being a little like SlowMinded just then. Tongue

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
03-12-2013, 12:29 PM
(03-12-2013 01:20 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(03-12-2013 01:08 AM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Look through my posts... Where the fuck did I say anything about homosexuality?

You wrote:

The Israelites and Hittites were from the same region and therefore probably had cultural similarities.[1]

The implication being that the Hittites too prohibited homosexuality.

Quote:I was talking about the strictly controlled lives people lived, whether the Hittites allowed homosexuality while the Israelites banned it is totally inconsequential to me...

Yeah because you were just stickin' it to da man and stuff and I interrupted your mutual masturbation section with historical facts.

Quote:The Hittite society lived by rules... every aspect was controlled,

And yet homosexuality was not prohibited. So your thesis finds no support, not even from the Israelites' neighbours. You are entirely unable to account for the prohibition of homosexuality in terms of "control" and "totalitarianism" yet you refuse to abandon that baseless idea. You are education-resistant.

I haven't got a fucking clue what you're on about now, but I think you're just trying to piss me off.

I'm not going to give you the satisfaction... I know exactly what I meant, either you read too much into it, or you're trying to be an arsehole.

Either way, I'm done talking to you

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2013, 02:47 PM
Wow, things get really tense in here. Unsure

My take on the question is... Its just fine between consenting adults, BUT (tee-hee) remember to use plenty of lube ! Cool
03-12-2013, 03:03 PM
(02-12-2013 08:24 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  My question is. Why is sodomy wrong? What is it about Sodomy that god supposedly found so objectionable? (he is cool with rape though)

I have heard the "spilled seed" biblical quote, but that just doesn't make any sense to me. Seed is spilled all the time in normal every day life*. Nocturnal emissions, all those other 300 days in a year when no egg is available, or when a woman is already pregnant and further conception cannot occur are all spilled seed?

I'm not referring to homosexual sex, either….So please refrain from rehashing the equality arguments. Heterosexuals engage in all types of oral and anal sex. Why is this immoral? If it is immoral…why isn't kissing immoral, as this is clearly not nature's intended use of our mouth….

*As an aside In fact, the healthiest sperm is not the ones that have been sitting in the testes for very long. Recent studies for male fertility suggest that too much abstinence can damage the DNA of the sperm that is produced. Australian researchers have found that having daily sex actually improves the quality, if not the quantity of sperm. The thought behind this is that regular ejaculations get rid of the old sperm and make way for newer healthier sperm.

Homosexuality is condemned in the Bible as we all know. Oral and anal sex isn't. If marrieds consent and neither is hurting the other physically or emotionally, go for it. The Song of Solomon references oral sex, most modern translators would assent.

Anti-sodomy laws got passed when people took their freedoms in Christ and traded them for legality and piety without the Spirit of God. If you think about it, the Mosaic Law underscores the futility of a law without real love and etc.