Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2013, 03:06 PM
RE: Sodomy - why is it wrong?
Wouldn't this whole thing just rely on self reporting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2013, 03:39 PM
(03-12-2013 03:06 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  Wouldn't this whole thing just rely on self reporting

That's how the Catholics do it...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2013, 03:57 PM
(03-12-2013 03:06 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  Wouldn't this whole thing just rely on self reporting

That's how the IRS does it.
Find all posts by this user
07-12-2013, 06:31 AM
(02-12-2013 08:24 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  My question is. Why is sodomy wrong? What is it about Sodomy that god supposedly found so objectionable? (he is cool with rape though)

I have heard the "spilled seed" biblical quote, but that just doesn't make any sense to me. Seed is spilled all the time in normal every day life*. Nocturnal emissions, all those other 300 days in a year when no egg is available, or when a woman is already pregnant and further conception cannot occur are all spilled seed?

I'm not referring to homosexual sex, either….So please refrain from rehashing the equality arguments. Heterosexuals engage in all types of oral and anal sex. Why is this immoral? If it is immoral…why isn't kissing immoral, as this is clearly not nature's intended use of our mouth….

BECAUSE THE LORD YOUR GOD SAID SO!!! QUESTION NOT!!!!

(02-12-2013 08:24 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  *As an aside In fact, the healthiest sperm is not the ones that have been sitting in the testes for very long. Recent studies for male fertility suggest that too much abstinence can damage the DNA of the sperm that is produced. Australian researchers have found that having daily sex actually improves the quality, if not the quantity of sperm. The thought behind this is that regular ejaculations get rid of the old sperm and make way for newer healthier sperm.

Oh yes!!! I'm glad I read this. You see ladies and gentlement, nature permits, no no, DEMANDS a nut be busted every now and then. Where my oil at!?

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
07-12-2013, 08:38 AM
I thought The Science of Discworld (2 I THINK) covered it best. It's less about control than identity. Someone enters your village. How do you know if they're one of 'your' people or not? Because they believe the same ridiculous nonsense you do.
07-12-2013, 08:15 PM
(03-12-2013 04:01 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Christianity seems to hold on to some idea of sex only as a means to reproduce. That's why sodomy is bad, that's why masturbating is bad, homosexuality is bad, and contraceptives are bad. They are really scared of sex, and nudity, but realized it must occur, so they minimize it's use to a utilitarian thing. That's the root of it all.

Christinsanity's genital based morality
07-12-2013, 08:23 PM
Sodomy makes baby Jesus cry!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
07-12-2013, 08:31 PM
(03-12-2013 03:03 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 08:24 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  My question is. Why is sodomy wrong? What is it about Sodomy that god supposedly found so objectionable? (he is cool with rape though)

I have heard the "spilled seed" biblical quote, but that just doesn't make any sense to me. Seed is spilled all the time in normal every day life*. Nocturnal emissions, all those other 300 days in a year when no egg is available, or when a woman is already pregnant and further conception cannot occur are all spilled seed?

I'm not referring to homosexual sex, either….So please refrain from rehashing the equality arguments. Heterosexuals engage in all types of oral and anal sex. Why is this immoral? If it is immoral…why isn't kissing immoral, as this is clearly not nature's intended use of our mouth….

*As an aside In fact, the healthiest sperm is not the ones that have been sitting in the testes for very long. Recent studies for male fertility suggest that too much abstinence can damage the DNA of the sperm that is produced. Australian researchers have found that having daily sex actually improves the quality, if not the quantity of sperm. The thought behind this is that regular ejaculations get rid of the old sperm and make way for newer healthier sperm.

Homosexuality is condemned in the Bible as we all know. Oral and anal sex isn't. If marrieds consent and neither is hurting the other physically or emotionally, go for it. The Song of Solomon references oral sex, most modern translators would assent.

Anti-sodomy laws got passed when people took their freedoms in Christ and traded them for legality and piety without the Spirit of God. If you think about it, the Mosaic Law underscores the futility of a law without real love and etc.

Quote:Seed is spilled all the time in normal every day life*. Nocturnal emissions, all those other 300 days in a year when no egg is available,

Obviously then God had nocturnal emissions and gave himself the odd dishonourable discharge too when Mary had her manhole covers on. So he couldn't very well make it a sin for his kids to have a wet dream, with or without their eyes open.
12-12-2013, 12:01 PM
(02-12-2013 08:29 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Every sperm is sacred

Girly... ? Over to you.

Thanks for clearing that up DLJ! There are so many people out there who don't know the value of a sperm! I'm sure you'll agree with me that masturbation is murder! Which is why so few people will go to Heaven. ("Go to Heaven."? You get to stay, or you just visit?) I really hope that we can save people with this knowledge! Leave your peter limp guys! Make it a saint! Remember! God only got laid once!