Solar FREAKIN' Roadways

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2014, 09:09 AM
RE: Solar FREAKIN' Roadways
Again, I really hope to see playgrounds, sidewalks, and other pedestrian areas have these. I can't tell much from the video, but it looks like it should be fine for those purposes. But high-traffic roads? I need more data before making a decision, but I am inclined to be skeptical.

First I'd like to see all roofs get solar panels. Look at them, all those roofs out there soaking up sunlight, not doing anything. Do you know that you can replace your water heater using solar panels on the roof? Replace your home heating system?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like natachan's post
30-05-2014, 09:17 AM
(30-05-2014 09:09 AM)natachan Wrote:  Again, I really hope to see playgrounds, sidewalks, and other pedestrian areas have these. I can't tell much from the video, but it looks like it should be fine for those purposes. But high-traffic roads? I need more data before making a decision, but I am inclined to be skeptical.

First I'd like to see all roofs get solar panels. Look at them, all those roofs out there soaking up sunlight, not doing anything. Do you know that you can replace your water heater using solar panels on the roof? Replace your home heating system?

I don't disagree, would be nice to know for sure they will work before putting them into effect. I think that's why they funded the prototypes. To test them out.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
30-05-2014, 10:27 AM
(30-05-2014 08:29 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 08:26 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Nah, even experts say we can still make a difference.

Sure, if we overthrow our governments, establish a dictatorship, and kill off 90% of the population. Drinking Beverage

You say that as if its a bad thing!

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
30-05-2014, 11:17 AM
(30-05-2014 10:27 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 08:29 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Sure, if we overthrow our governments, establish a dictatorship, and kill off 90% of the population. Drinking Beverage

You say that as if its a bad thing!

rofl

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.