Solar energy needed to initiate the Noahtic flood- wouldn't we fry?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2015, 02:54 AM
RE: Solar energy needed to initiate the Noahtic flood- wouldn't we fry?
(15-01-2015 12:11 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  There were no clouds according to some new apologists. The water came from inside the earth and burst outward with a tremendous force that escaped the planet earth and created "ALL" of the comets.

Its in a thunderfoot creationist video!

Ignoring all of the other impossibilities, firing jets of water through the atmosphere at escape velocities and higher makes sense how...??? Facepalm

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2015, 06:17 AM
(15-01-2015 12:11 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  There were no clouds according to some new apologists. The water came from inside the earth and burst outward with a tremendous force that escaped the planet earth and created "ALL" of the comets.

Its in a thunderfoot creationist video!

LOL! At that point I think it would be better to simply say we don't understand how god did it, but god did it.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
15-01-2015, 10:27 AM
And from what I remember, if that much water escaped at those velocities, it would have completely destroyed the crust.
And I don't mean in a "that's how mountains and deep water valleys were made" kind of destruction. I mean as in, it would have turned the surface into molten rock, type of destruction.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
15-01-2015, 06:00 PM
(15-01-2015 06:17 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  LOL! At that point I think it would be better to simply say we don't understand how god did it, but god did it.

And at that point their precious creation science looses all pretense of science.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
15-01-2015, 06:02 PM
(15-01-2015 10:27 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  
And from what I remember, if that much water escaped at those velocities, it would have completely destroyed the crust.
And I don't mean in a "that's how mountains and deep water valleys were made" kind of destruction. I mean as in, it would have turned the surface into molten rock, type of destruction.

Crust blasted to molten droplets. Atmosphere heated to glowing plasma. What's left of it at least. This is what happens every time they try and mix science in with creationism.

---
16-01-2015, 11:55 AM
(12-01-2015 03:12 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I have read that the amount of rain that would be required from the Noahtic flood to cover Mt. Everest would be 30 feet per hour or 9.15 meters per hour for 40 days.

There are two problems with this statement.

The first is that not all of the water came from rain. Some of it came from under the earth.

In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep burst forth, and the windows of the heavens were opened.
(Genesis 7:11 ESV)

The second is that Mt. Everest probably didn't exist before the flood. The flood was accompanied by massive changes in the topography of the earth.

https://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/2012/0...-water-go/

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-01-2015, 12:25 PM
(16-01-2015 11:55 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 03:12 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I have read that the amount of rain that would be required from the Noahtic flood to cover Mt. Everest would be 30 feet per hour or 9.15 meters per hour for 40 days.

The first is that not all of the water came from rain. Some of it came from under the earth.

In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep burst forth, and the windows of the heavens were opened.

The second is that Mt. Everest probably didn't exist before the flood. The flood was accompanied by massive changes in the topography of the earth.

I factored in 50% contribution from "waters of the deep" into the calculation which; by the way, is a total fiction made up by the writers of the bible.

But notice that you're trying to wiggle out of these inconvenient realities that show that this story is laughably impossible.

I don't blame you, the bible makes up ridiculous stories that are passed off as fact. You don't have to defend the nonsense, you can let the nonsense stand on it's own.

The flood narrative is obviously borrowed from the Sumerian myth, the Epic of Gilgamesh, which even has a man formed from the dust of the ground called Enkidu. Does the bible plagiarize much? Oh yeah, the entire book of Genesis is filled with trite rehashes of Babylonian, Egyptian and Sumerian myths.

If the book of Genesis were to be proved as fact, you could seriously argue that it just proves that Babylonian, Egyptian and Sumerian gods are the true gods, because that is the source for almost every bible story.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
16-01-2015, 12:37 PM
(16-01-2015 11:55 AM)theophilus Wrote:  

Truly silly.

When did this happen?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
16-01-2015, 01:04 PM
(16-01-2015 12:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-01-2015 11:55 AM)theophilus Wrote:  There are two problems with this statement.

Truly silly.

When did this happen?

Last Thursday.

Prove me wrong, suckers!

... this is my signature!
16-01-2015, 01:42 PM
(16-01-2015 01:04 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(16-01-2015 12:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  Truly silly.

When did this happen?

Last Thursday.

Prove me wrong, suckers!

You fucking LastThursdayists are so ignorant. We know the first day is Monday. Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]