Solution to the economy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Solution to the economy?
Note in the thread what you would do to change it? What Mathilda do you believe could be used to ensure Eco growth?

I'll start off with mine, I believe it is time we brought back slavery, it is clearly heap labour that we need and these people mostly end up being criminals anyways...slavery would single handedly fix the economy and reduce crime! I'd love it
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2013, 04:28 PM
RE: Solution to the economy?
You first. I could use a maid/sex toy who has no rights to object and no expenses to pay other than a little food now and then. You game?
obviously I'm using sarcasm to illustrate the idiocy of her point; I find slavery to be unsconsionable
What, what am I saying, I don't need your permission, slavery isn't about asking nicely. I'll see you soon, but you won't see me until it's too late and there's no escape from your new life as my house slave.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
10-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Regulate a higher wage for foreign employees so it creates a more favorable environment for American companies to create jobs in the United States, thereby employing a large percentage of Americans and raising amount of exported goods. It would be a detrimental blow to developing nation's economies, but their people really aren't feeling the economic growth anyway.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
10-01-2013, 04:45 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 04:48 PM by Aseptic Skeptic.)
Oh wait, this is a serious thread? I thought we were being trolled.

OK, I'll play along: so who regulates those higher wages?

We force Joe's Shoe Company to pay their Chinese work force higher wages. They raise the price for their shoes and comply with the regulations, sending more money overseas to their Chinese payroll department. Checks are printed and the labor force gets exactly the same income and the rest is spent buying company stock from their offshore child LLC.

Now who carries out any investigation? Our U.S. authorities have no jurisdiction. We cannot investigate or punish this activity. We cannot force China to do it and China is motivated to leave it alone - piss off Joe's Shoe Company too much and they may take their business (and their jobs) to India.

Nothing changed.

But I think you're on the right track - while we can't insure that U.S. laws translate into higher take-home pay for foreign employees, we can levee new domestic taxes on companies hiring offshore labor - those taxes are enforced and collected here in the U.S. so if they're high enough, they motivate Joe's Shoe Company to open a factory in Texas and import cheap Mexican labor instead, but at least it's a start. When Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona are full of factories, maybe we'll create real jobs in the other 47 states too.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
10-01-2013, 04:48 PM
(10-01-2013 04:12 PM)HailMeNow Wrote:  Note in the thread what you would do to change it? What Mathilda do you believe could be used to ensure Eco growth?

I'll start off with mine, I believe it is time we brought back slavery, it is clearly heap labour that we need and these people mostly end up being criminals anyways...slavery would single handedly fix the economy and reduce crime! I'd love it
Its allready happening in the UK.

Its called Workfare.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
10-01-2013, 04:50 PM
(10-01-2013 04:45 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Oh wait, this is a serious thread?

OK, so who regulates those higher wages?

We force Joe's Shoe Company to pay their Chinese work force higher wages. They raise the price for their shoes and comply with the regulations, sending more money overseas to their Chinese payroll department. Checks are printed and the labor force gets exactly the same income and the rest is spent buying company stock from their offshore child LLC.

Now who carries out any investigation? Our U.S. authorities have no jurisdiction. We cannot investigate or punish this activity. We cannot force China to do it and China is motivated to leave it alone - piss off Joe's Shoe Company too much and they may take their business (and their jobs) to India.

Nothing changed.

But I think you're on the right track - while we can't insure that U.S. laws translate into higher take-home pay for foreign employees, we can levee new domestic taxes on companies hiring offshore labor - those taxes are enforced and collected here in the U.S. so if they're high enough, they motivate Joe's Shoe Company to open a factory in Texas and import cheap Mexican labor instead, but at least it's a start. When Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona are full of factories, maybe we'll create real jobs in the other 47 states too.
It would be unfavorable for them to maintain their foreign labor force if they have to pay more than a local worker, in any nation (not specifically China). It would be best for them to move their business back to the states.

But your alternative is just as, if not more effective than my proposal and they ultimately end with the same results, so you and I do not have much to debate about.

Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
10-01-2013, 04:53 PM
(10-01-2013 04:50 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 04:45 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Oh wait, this is a serious thread?

OK, so who regulates those higher wages?

Nothing changed.

It would be unfavorable for them to maintain their foreign labor force if they have to pay more than a local worker, in any nation (not specifically China). It would be best for them to move their business back to the states.
Agreed, but making them pay higher wages won't work. They'll simply set aside the correct amount of domestic funds for that higher payroll to be compliant with your law, then send that money overseas and do what they want with it - the laborers won't get it. The company can do what it wants with it, which means the company still has their own money (not the laborers) and no changes were motivated.

You have to establish and enforce the law here, domestically, or it won't be enforced at all.

10-01-2013, 04:57 PM
(10-01-2013 04:53 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 04:50 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  It would be unfavorable for them to maintain their foreign labor force if they have to pay more than a local worker, in any nation (not specifically China). It would be best for them to move their business back to the states.
Agreed, but making them pay higher wages won't work. They'll simply set aside the correct amount of domestic funds for that higher payroll to be compliant with your law, then send that money overseas and do what they want with it - the laborers won't get it. The company can do what it wants with it, which means the company still has their own money (not the laborers) and no changes were motivated.

You have to establish and enforce the law here, domestically, or it won't be enforced at all.
Ah yes, I often forget the restrictions that come with these silly things we call borders.

Poonjab
10-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Money can only be created from debt.

This needs to change or nothing else will.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
10-01-2013, 05:56 PM
(10-01-2013 05:47 PM)bemore Wrote:  Money can only be created from debt.

This needs to change or nothing else will.
What are you saying?

"We have a bad system that only allows us to create money from debt and we need to change the system"?

Or

"It's a universal law that money can only be created from debt and nothing will ever change because we cannot change universal law"?

Either way, I'm not sure I agree, but I'm curious as to which you meant so I know what to discuss.