Solution to the economy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2013, 06:11 PM
RE: Solution to the economy?
(10-01-2013 05:56 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 05:47 PM)bemore Wrote:  Money can only be created from debt.

This needs to change or nothing else will.
What are you saying?

"We have a bad system that only allows us to create money from debt and we need to change the system"?

Or

"It's a universal law that money can only be created from debt and nothing will ever change because we cannot change universal law"?

Either way, I'm not sure I agree, but I'm curious as to which you meant so I know what to discuss.
I would go with this option.

"We have a bad system that only allows us to create money from debt and we need to change the system"

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2013, 06:52 PM
My homeland's economy is doing just fine. The only stuff we need fixed is puplic transport and interstate water issues.

Point being: we are fine down here, and I am gloating at the OP. Get yourself out of your own damn hole. Without pissing off the rest of the first world and abolising human rights in the process, if you can that is.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
10-01-2013, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 07:31 PM by earmuffs.)
(10-01-2013 05:56 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 05:47 PM)bemore Wrote:  Money can only be created from debt.

This needs to change or nothing else will.
What are you saying?

"We have a bad system that only allows us to create money from debt and we need to change the system"?

Or

"It's a universal law that money can only be created from debt and nothing will ever change because we cannot change universal law"?

Either way, I'm not sure I agree, but I'm curious as to which you meant so I know what to discuss.
No, when he says that money is created from nothing he means:

Person A wants to start a business but has no money.

Person A goes to the bank and borrows $100 to start his business.
To earn money the bank charge $10 interest.
This $10 doesn't represent an object, it's not tangible, it is just a number arrived at through various ways and tacked onto the $100.
What I mean is, if I go to the store and buy an apple, it'll cost me say $1. The $1 represents that apple.
With the bank, the $10 represents the cost of borrowing money.
The apple is tangible, the "borrowing money" isn't.

So basically if Person A was to do nothing with this $100, the bank just "created" $10 out of thin air.
In a world with only this $100, $10 was created from nothing (nothing tangible anyway).

This is creating money from debt.

The problem (in theory) comes from when Person B wants to buy something from Person A.
Person B has no money so must borrow some from the bank.
Say he borrows $50. The bank will then tack on $5 interest.

Person A now takes Person B's $50.

Actual money in this system is $150.
BUT $165 is owed to the bank.

Creating money from debt.

edit: Just to clarify, this is bad because (in theory) the only way to pay the debt is to borrow MORE money, thus creating MORE debt etc...
Unlike say apples where to get more money I grow more/better apples etc.. But if I stop producing apples then the money stops, where as with the creating money from debt idea, to clear the debt you need to borrow more (and hence more debt) and so the debt never goes stops/goes away.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
10-01-2013, 07:25 PM
We give incentives for major corporations to stay in America.

We fund alternative, renewable energy. (Would help in the long run.)

Phase out gasoline. (Another long-term fix.)
In the mean time het these gas prices lower.
10-01-2013, 07:47 PM
(10-01-2013 04:12 PM)HailMeNow Wrote:  I'll start off with mine, I believe it is time we brought back slavery, it is clearly heap labour that we need and these people mostly end up being criminals anyways...slavery would single handedly fix the economy and reduce crime! I'd love it

[Image: Fanserviceftw_7538_Obvious_troll_is_obvious.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
11-01-2013, 12:24 AM
Re: Solution to the economy?
Let it crash. Rebuild from ground up.

The Out Crowd.
11-01-2013, 12:45 AM
Uh...so you don't want slavery, you want chain gangs brought back, right?

You want to put some chain gangs back to doing public works projects, I could live with that. Prisoners already do extremely cheap labour projects, getting paid several cents an hour, if you want to reduce that to nothing I could live with that too, but it isn't exactly going to fix the economy.

11-01-2013, 07:17 AM
(11-01-2013 12:45 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Uh...so you don't want slavery, you want chain gangs brought back, right?

You want to put some chain gangs back to doing public works projects, I could live with that. Prisoners already do extremely cheap labour projects, getting paid several cents an hour, if you want to reduce that to nothing I could live with that too, but it isn't exactly going to fix the economy.
If it is a state owned prison doing the work then I may be convinced.

If its a privatised prison then no.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
11-01-2013, 01:39 PM
(11-01-2013 07:17 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 12:45 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Uh...so you don't want slavery, you want chain gangs brought back, right?

If it is a state owned prison doing the work then I may be convinced.

If its a privatised prison then no.
True, private prisons should have never been allowed anyway. It's fucking disgusting. If I ever wind up in prison it will be because I finally snapped, I join a rebellion movement, or privatized prisons....or an unlikely scenario like in The Walking Dead...

11-01-2013, 04:19 PM
I think it must be state controlled and run properly of course, there will be a food ration though for worker which will be the bare minimum