Some Asshole Defaced the Lincoln Memorial

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2013, 04:41 PM
RE: Some Asshole Defaced the Lincoln Memorial
(26-07-2013 04:40 PM)Filox Wrote:  When I saw the title, I thought someone threw feces at the statue...

Meh.

I thought someone removed the statues' face. Sad
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Ferdinand's post
26-07-2013, 04:53 PM
(26-07-2013 04:22 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(26-07-2013 04:15 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  No, that's America news. Unless you want to go all IandI and say the world is all controlled secrectly by the United States.

la le lo li lu la le lo li lu la le lo li lu la le lo li lu la le lo li lu la le lo li lu

While you are at it, bitch in these threads too.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...nce?page=2
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...Wonga-Fail
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ork?page=2
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...bankruptcy

After all, they only deal exclusively with a single country. Drinking Beverage

I think you've sniffed a little too much paint. But let's see here then shall we?

Riot in France
Consequences for the country: people can get hurt, could lead to change of govenment eventually, worthy news for anyone in the EU

Church of England vs Wonga
Consequences for the country: Religion will always try to go places they don't belong, always important to know what's up with it

Effects of the "Mohammed drawings" in Denmark
Consequences for the country: It's an effort to try to calm down butthurt muslims who raged several years ago for the drawings. In Norway, somebody tried to murder a journalist with an axe for it. It's a pointless ban that restricts freedom. If you don't believe me, just ask yourself: why haven't they banned cow in order to "respect" hinduists?

Detroit declares bankruptcy
Consequences for the country: Hometown of General Motors, bad for the global stockmarket, people stave to death. Enough said.

Some drunk guy drops off a bucket of paint on the Lincoln Memorial
Consequences for the country: Nobody got hurt, the paint was most likely removed a few hours after the incident, and again: paint is not acid. Chances it will happen again; not so much after this.

It's an effort by the CNN to make an very small and unimportant incident big, just like celebrity gossip. Within 48 hours, you won't even care about this.

Ask yourself this: People spray-paint the insides of the Colosseum every single day. Do you give a shit about that? Would you give a fuck if someone spray painted the statue of Norway's first king since the middleages?

Yes, vandalism sucks, but remember, atleast they didn't blow it up!

[Image: 9f6.gif]
26-07-2013, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2013 06:27 PM by Logica Humano.)
(26-07-2013 04:53 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  I think you've sniffed a little too much paint. But let's see here then shall we?

I think someone doesn't understand foreign affairs.

(26-07-2013 04:53 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Riot in France
Consequences for the country: people can get hurt, could lead to change of govenment eventually, worthy news for anyone in the EU

It won't effect the rest of Europe because the riot is an exclusive response to French legislation.

(26-07-2013 04:53 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Church of England vs Wonga
Consequences for the country: Religion will always try to go places they don't belong, always important to know what's up with it

And?

(26-07-2013 04:53 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Effects of the "Mohammed drawings" in Denmark
Consequences for the country: It's an effort to try to calm down butthurt muslims who raged several years ago for the drawings. In Norway, somebody tried to murder a journalist with an axe for it. It's a pointless ban that restricts freedom. If you don't believe me, just ask yourself: why haven't they banned cow in order to "respect" hinduists?

And?

(26-07-2013 04:53 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Detroit declares bankruptcy
Consequences for the country: Hometown of General Motors, bad for the global stockmarket, people stave to death. Enough said.

Actually, since the stock market crash of 2008-2009, GM has been run as a privately-owned company accepting federal subsidies. It does not rely on state or city funds.

(26-07-2013 04:53 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Some drunk guy drops off a bucket of paint on the Lincoln Memorial
Consequences for the country: Nobody got hurt, the paint was most likely removed a few hours after the incident, and again: paint is not acid. Chances it will happen again; not so much after this.

And? It doesn't effect you, does it? As a matter of fact, none of the above effected you in the slightest. In the end, none of the above is anything new or really even matters to you. However, just because this act of vandalism isn't exciting enough for your jimmies to be rustled doesn't mean it is not news.

(26-07-2013 04:53 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  It's an effort by the CNN to make an very small and unimportant incident big, just like celebrity gossip. Within 48 hours, you won't even care about this.

I never cared about it. I say clean up and move on.

(26-07-2013 04:53 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Ask yourself this: People spray-paint the insides of the Colosseum every single day. Do you give a shit about that? Would you give a fuck if someone spray painted the statue of Norway's first king since the middleages?

Do I care? No. Would it make news? Yes. As a matter of fact, Rome has been working to combat their issue with vandalism for years and it is constantly publicized.

(26-07-2013 04:53 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Yes, vandalism sucks, but remember, atleast they didn't blow it up!

Again, this is completely irrelevant.

(26-07-2013 03:31 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Boom.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
26-07-2013, 07:47 PM
(26-07-2013 06:22 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I think someone doesn't understand foreign affairs.

(26-07-2013 06:22 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  It won't effect the rest of Europe because the riot is an exclusive response to French legislation.

Fair enough

(26-07-2013 06:22 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  And?

Don't you find that article relevant? You told me to bitch about it after all didn't you?

(26-07-2013 06:22 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  And?

Same as above

(26-07-2013 06:22 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  It does not rely on state or city funds.

Did I ever say that? Don't think I did.

(26-07-2013 06:22 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  And? It doesn't effect you, does it? As a matter of fact, none of the above effected you in the slightest. In the end, none of the above is anything new or really even matters to you. However, just because this act of vandalism isn't exciting enough for your jimmies to be rustled doesn't mean it is not news.

Anything can be news, but alot of it is pointless junk, like this.

(26-07-2013 06:22 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I never cared about it. I say clean up and move on.

Oh really...
[Image: f664fad2c17e50b0fbfe0145a87d7e40.png]

(26-07-2013 06:22 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Do I care? No. Would it make news? Yes. As a matter of fact, Rome has been working to combat their issue with vandalism for years and it is constantly publicized.

I wouldn't beef you for not caring about Rome, but I'd worry sooner about a close to 2000 year old masterpiece of roman architecture than a statue that was built almost a 100 years ago; full reconstructions can still be made without ruining the "feel" of the Lincoln Memorial

(26-07-2013 06:22 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Again, this is completely irrelevant.

No, what's irrelevant to rest of the world is that somebody threw a little paint on a statue. After all, you just said it yourself.

(26-07-2013 03:31 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Boom.
Shaka laka

[Image: 9f6.gif]