Some Aussie Political Comment re The Donald and Hillary...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2016, 03:40 PM
RE: Some Aussie Political Comment re The Donald and Hillary...
(12-11-2016 10:15 AM)epronovost Wrote:  The only problem is that China (or if you prefer the People Republic of China) is instigating wars and contesting other nations sovereignty in the Yellow Sea, in Vietnam, Africa or, the most widely known, Tibet. They are also contesting India and Pakistan for the control of the Kashmir region, a higly volatile region currently controled by Pakistan. All empires are expentionists by nature. The Chinese, the American or the Russian ones aren't different on this point. They will attempt to seize the assets they need to maintain their egemony. The only difference is what their egemony implies for the rest of the world in terms of international climate, values and economical development.
There are definitely criticisms that can be made, but they aren't "instigating wars" the way that the US does. You have to remember that the disputed territories are seen by the nations disputing them as historic lands that predate the US nation for example. Plus PRC needs to show they have a strong military otherwise they'd be open to invasion - and they've already gone through that before when Japan instigated WWII by invading them.

If you ask me, Japan was worse than Germany because they're the ones that first started the war, and if they hadn't done that then Germany might not have ever started invading Poland and their conquest of Europe. Germany was on a knife's edge since they lost land following WWI due to largely being blamed for it (and of course the huge reparations they had to pay), and I think it goes to show how volatile land disputes can be. PRC has shown quite a lot of restraint compared with other countries when it comes to territorial disputes.

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Aractus's post
12-11-2016, 04:38 PM
(12-11-2016 10:15 AM)epronovost Wrote:  The only problem is that China (or if you prefer the People Republic of China) is instigating wars and contesting other nations sovereignty in the Yellow Sea, in Vietnam, Africa or, the most widely known, Tibet. They are also contesting India and Pakistan for the control of the Kashmir region, a higly volatile region currently controled by Pakistan. All empires are expentionists by nature. The Chinese, the American or the Russian ones aren't different on this point. They will attempt to seize the assets they need to maintain their egemony. The only difference is what their egemony implies for the rest of the world in terms of international climate, values and economical development.

And this is different to America how? America has only been at peace for 12 years of it's history. The US empire encompasses the planet with approximately 1000 military bases. How is one to expect China to react?

The great difference between the two nations is age and the wisdom of Sun Tsu. China understands patience and strategy over long periods of time. America does not and rushes into things without careful consideration of the results. The perfect example is the disaster known as Iraq. Which has deteriorated into the mega disaster known as Isil.

As for Tibet. China has always seen Tibet as a province. Even back in the time of the Khan's Tibet was a part of one of the large Chinese independant states.

When it devolved into a religious oligarchy, China stepped in. Something I support in fact.

The US mainland, untouched during WWII was able to boom through industry as the rest of the world recovered. America seems to have thought that would last forever. It was wrong. Now wiser and more savvy nations have taken it's place.

China has won the peace.

I, as a normal citizen of a foreign country am more concerned with America than China. I see America as reckless, warlike, immature, callow, unwise etc. Trump is proof of this.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
12-11-2016, 06:40 PM
(12-11-2016 04:38 PM)Banjo Wrote:  And this is different to America how? America has only been at peace for 12 years of it's history. The US empire encompasses the planet with approximately 1000 military bases. How is one to expect China to react?

The great difference between the two nations is age and the wisdom of Sun Tsu. China understands patience and strategy over long periods of time. America does not and rushes into things without careful consideration of the results. The perfect example is the disaster known as Iraq. Which has deteriorated into the mega disaster known as Isil.

China and America are both Imperialist and expentionist powers. My point was that fundamentaly, Chinese and American foreign and economical policies are fundamentaly identical. They are simply rivals. China (or Russia) isn't going to "save" the world from American Imperialism they are simply going to replace it with their own. If history is to be trusted, neither of America's rivals are going to make a much better job at making the world a more peaceful and happier place. Imperialism is by definition autocratic, militaristic and interventionist.

The problem I saw was that Trump is now at the head of an empire and that he might be pressured, convinced and/or expected to defend it.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
12-11-2016, 06:52 PM
(12-11-2016 06:40 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(12-11-2016 04:38 PM)Banjo Wrote:  And this is different to America how? America has only been at peace for 12 years of it's history. The US empire encompasses the planet with approximately 1000 military bases. How is one to expect China to react?

China and America are both Imperialist and expentionist powers. My point was that fundamentaly, Chinese and American foreign and economical policies are fundamentaly identical. They are simply rivals. China (or Russia) isn't going to "save" the world from American Imperialism they are simply going to replace it with their own. If history is to be trusted, neither of America's rivals are going to make a much better job at making the world a more peaceful and happier place. Imperialism is by definition autocratic, militaristic and interventionist.

The problem I saw was that Trump is now at the head of an empire and that he might be pressured, convinced and/or expected to defend it.

Sorry mate. My brain. You know.

We agree. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
12-11-2016, 10:18 PM
Food for thought...
[Image: AustraliaUSAbases.gif]

Sad

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
12-11-2016, 10:56 PM
(12-11-2016 10:18 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Food for thought...
[Image: AustraliaUSAbases.gif]

Sad
Can all the rest just become more NASA assisted sites? 1 isn't enough

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
12-11-2016, 10:56 PM
That map is misleading - the CDSCC is a "military facility"? The seismic stations used by geologists are military bases?

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user