Some Question to all evolutionists or Atheists.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
27-04-2014, 12:11 PM
RE: Some Question to all evolutionists or Atheists.
I'm not giving an actual response to the OP until he/she actually shows up in here again. So far, it's just a hit-and-run.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Charis's post
27-04-2014, 12:12 PM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2014 12:23 PM by rampant.a.i..)
(27-04-2014 10:23 AM)kirkvin Wrote:  Have you ever seen a cat turn into a lion or tiger? Or a dog turn into a wolf? Or a goat turn into a cow?

You people claim things similar like these had taken place over billions of years ago, but i have not observe any of these now taking place and the "Big Scientific Claim" is that "Science is Base On Observation", so have you observed or observe any of these happening? If yes, please be specific and detailed in your answer. Thanks.

[Image: 8bc7c258323c9cbc416d85c1ee47fbe1fca9821b...2ceaea.jpg]

So Kirkvin, you dumped a similarly brain dead post over at TA:

(27-04-2014 10:04 AM)kirkvin Wrote:  There is a video going around saying that atheist cannot answer a particular question. Can anyone here answer the question? Undecided

[Image: Evolution+Lies.png]

Are you interested in discussing these, or is this just another cowardly dump-and-run?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 2 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
27-04-2014, 01:23 PM
BTW, it's also a totally false notion that there is some sort of correlation with the numbers of those who deny the Theory of Evolution, and their belief status. Almost all scientists, (whether they are people of faith or not) accept that the best theory we have to fit the data seen, is Evolution, (except maybe a very few wacko fundies). I would bet not one biologist at Notre Dame, or Fordham, or the Jesuit schools in Washington DC, buys into "creationism" as an alternative explanation, (at least in the typical way that's spouted). Evolution denial is SO FAR wacked out, it's not even discussed in mainline religious schools.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
27-04-2014, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2014 01:45 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
(27-04-2014 01:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  BTW, it's also a totally false notion that there is some sort of correlation with the numbers of those who deny the Theory of Evolution, and their belief status. Almost all scientists, (whether they are people of faith or not) accept that the best theory we have to fit the data seen, is Evolution, (except maybe a very few wacko fundies). I would bet not one biologist at Notre Dame, or Fordham, or the Jesuit schools in Washington DC, buys into "creationism" as an alternative explanation, (at least in the typical way that's spouted). Evolution denial is SO FAR wacked out, it's not even discussed in mainline religious schools.

To that point, I went to a Catholic university (I know, it's weird...) and religion did not in anyway even approximate entering the science classroom.

We were required to take one religious studies class a year, but that was the only place and only time religion ever entered the class room. Unless it was an anthropology class, and we were studying [/i]other[i] culture's religions. (by the way, I'm pretty sure all my Anthropology professors were atheist. At least one might have been quasi spiritual. Some cultural anthropologist can go that way. But not so much the physical anthropologist)

The point being, at that level, even in a religious college, as Bucky points out, is religion considered to have any domain at all in science, or any other non religious based courses.

27-04-2014, 01:41 PM
Yep. You can almost hear the banjo music playing when this one posts. It's amazing to me no one knows how nonexistent support for creationism is:

Quote:The vast majority of the scientific community and academia supports evolutionary theory as the only explanation that can fully account for observations in the fields of biology, paleontology, molecular biology, genetics, anthropology, and others.[19][20][21][22][23] One 1987 estimate found that "700 scientists ... (out of a total of 480,000 U.S. earth and life scientists) ... give credence to creation-science".[24] An expert in the evolution-creationism controversy, professor and author Brian Alters, states that "99.9 percent of scientists accept evolution".[25]
A 1991 Gallup poll found that about 5% of American scientists (including those with training outside biology) identified themselves as creationists.[26][27]

Additionally, the scientific community considers intelligent design, a neo-creationist offshoot, to be unscientific,[28] pseudoscience,[29][30] or junk science.[31][32] The U.S. National Academy of Sciences has stated that intelligent design "and other claims of supernatural intervention in the origin of life" are not science because they cannot be tested by experiment, do not generate any predictions, and propose no new hypotheses of their own.[33] In September 2005, 38 Nobel laureates issued a statement saying
"Intelligent design is fundamentally unscientific; it cannot be tested as scientific theory because its central conclusion is based on belief in the intervention of a supernatural agent."[34] In October 2005, a coalition representing more than 70,000 Australian scientists and science teachers issued a statement saying "intelligent design is not science" and calling on "all schools not to teach Intelligent Design (ID) as science, because it fails to qualify on every count as a scientific theory".[35]

So maybe this idiot could take this question up with any college professor, and be laughed off the campus.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_..._evolution

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
27-04-2014, 01:41 PM
Facepalm

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
27-04-2014, 01:56 PM
"Heh heh, dude- guess what?"

"What, dude?"

"Dude, I just, like, totally trolled a bunch of atheists."

"Dude, why?"

"Dude, coz they don't, like, believe in god and shit."

"Dude, that's dumb. God is, like, totally real. Evolution is, like, bogus."

"I know, dude. They're stupid."

"Dude, let's play Halo."

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
[+] 8 users Like TheMrBillShow's post
27-04-2014, 01:58 PM
They're not supposed to play Halo. That's sinfully irresponsible stewardship of the time that God has allowed them.
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
27-04-2014, 02:04 PM
(27-04-2014 12:11 PM)Charis Wrote:  I'm not giving an actual response to the OP until he/she actually shows up in here again. So far, it's just a hit-and-run.

I'd rather call it a shit-and-run. Part of me hopes they come back just so I can read more of their stupidity. Not had a good religious troll round here for a while.
[+] 2 users Like Dyer51's post
27-04-2014, 02:07 PM
(27-04-2014 12:11 PM)Charis Wrote:  I'm not giving an actual response to the OP until he/she actually shows up in here again. So far, it's just a hit-and-run.

Indeed. Lots of hit and run trolls. It's unfortunate that most of them seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of how evolution works and how it is simply change over time, not animal A popping out of animal B or C.

Elephants are a good example. Elephants getting hunted in africa for their tusks end up being killed off. Elephants with smaller tusks have been not hardly sought out, therefore that population of elephants are left to breed, leaving elephants over generations with smaller tusks.

Give it tens of thousands of years, or hundreds of thousands of years and a few genetic mutations, who knows what those elephants will look like. They may end up being "the dwarf elephant of africa" that have some sort of odd other feature with tiny tusks. That's natural selection at it's best, although, technically since the people causing it are humans... but still a good example of how animals with specific features end up being more or less desirable traits for the population in the long term.

Just as specific cats in a specific environment with types of fur spotting or lack thereof may blend in better, with that population of cats passing on their traits long term. Just as a genetic mutation in polar bears that changed the pigment in their fur was more desirable in the colder conditions, causing brown bears to move on or die off for that population over time.

It's not a difficult concept to understand. But people are spoon fed so much bullshit, they end up with a fundamental misunderstanding of what it is.

And when did the whole basis of "you had to be there" end up being the solidified consensus for evidence anyway? This "Were you there?" bullshit is annoying and needs to stop. Being there as a witness is not the only form of evidence. Being able to test, demonstrate, peer review results and build models that are able to solidify findings work far better than whether or not "scientist A was there, scientist X was not... even though scientist X has a good model of understanding, since he wasn't there, Scientist A obviously is the smart motherfucker." Please.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post