Some Questions for the Theists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2015, 11:58 AM
RE: Some Questions for the Theists
(06-09-2015 11:41 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  Okay, so when what scripture says becomes problematic it's in error. I see how this works . . .
Rolleyes
When something doesn't make sense (or contradiction) it is not true. We know that the Bible is full of errors and contradictions.
When we see contradiction we don't believe it. This is how it works. Smile

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2015, 12:01 PM
(06-09-2015 05:03 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 06:55 PM)jennybee Wrote:  This would have been my response back when I was a Christian (as given to me by my pastor):

Do you believe that god has given everyone free will to choose whether to serve him or not? Yes. God wanted children, not robots.

If so, what happens to aborted babies spiritually speaking? God is loving and just and would take care of them due to these reasons. God would not make them pay for their mother's sins. Even babies have the ability to love God and thereby could exercise freewill.

Do they automatically go to heaven? Yes.

If so, what happened to their free will? My church would have said even babies have the ability to love god and exercise free will. (nuts, I know).

Are they forced to serve god forever and ever? No, God doesn't force anyone to serve him.

At that point I would have asked you if the firstborn children of Egypt had free will after God has them slaughteted. And what about pharoah's free will? God hardened his heart so he wouldn't be willing to let Israel go (rather counterproductive no?). Then beats him with plagues for not doing the thing god is keeping him from doing! The entire Caananite civilization was wiped out as a result of God Barker giving away land prizes already owned by someone else. I could go on . . . .

It's crazy how we tend to overlook these things while we are blinded by religon!

Oh fear not, the church has responses for those too Hobo

You see, God didn't want having to kill all the first-born in Egypt--but it was part of His plan (to further show his power) and who are we to judge or try and understand God's ways. God hardened the pharaoh's heart because he was trying to show Egypt his power over the pharaoh.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
06-09-2015, 12:02 PM
(06-09-2015 11:48 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
Alla Wrote:We all know there are errors in the Bible, don't we?
Yeah, like walking on water and all that nonsense storytelling rubbish.
Or like being able to talk to someone who is on the other side of the globe.
Or like being able to make impossible things with your body. Faith and hard work can make miracles.

06-09-2015, 12:09 PM
(06-09-2015 12:01 PM)jennybee Wrote:  You see, God didn't want having to kill all the first-born in Egypt--but it was part of His plan (to further show his power) and who are we to judge or try and understand God's ways. God hardened the pharaoh's heart because he was trying to show Egypt his power over the pharaoh.
Who said that God didn't want to kill those children? God sends us here, God decides when we are out of here. Death is not some horrible ending of us. Death is just a tool to go to spirit world for a while.
Before those children were sent to Earth they knew about their mission here in this life. They CHOSE to fulfil this mission. They came here to obtain physical bodies.
Without physical bodies we can not become Gods. Every person has his/her own mission on this Earth. We all have time to live here. Sometimes it is a little longer. Sometimes it is little shorter.
We all have different trials and different blessings but we are all equal before God.
We come here to learn good and EVIL in PHYSICAL bodies so we can come back home(Celestial Kingdom) to continue on our eternal progression.

06-09-2015, 12:10 PM
(06-09-2015 12:01 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 05:03 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  At that point I would have asked you if the firstborn children of Egypt had free will after God has them slaughteted. And what about pharoah's free will? God hardened his heart so he wouldn't be willing to let Israel go (rather counterproductive no?). Then beats him with plagues for not doing the thing god is keeping him from doing! The entire Caananite civilization was wiped out as a result of God Barker giving away land prizes already owned by someone else. I could go on . . . .

It's crazy how we tend to overlook these things while we are blinded by religon!

Oh fear not, the church has responses for those too Hobo

You see, God didn't want having to kill all the first-born in Egypt--but it was part of His plan (to further show his power) and who are we to judge or try and understand God's ways. God hardened the pharaoh's heart because he was trying to show Egypt his power over the pharaoh.

Seeing that in 2 Kings, God forbids the act of punishing the children for the sins of the parents, that would make God a hypocrite wouldn't it?

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-09-2015, 12:18 PM
(06-09-2015 12:10 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Seeing that in 2 Kings, God forbids the act of punishing the children for the sins of the parents, that would make God a hypocrite wouldn't it?

Q: What does "punishing the children for the sins of the parents" really mean?
A: When parents teach their children to sin, children will continue to do sins of their parents.
This phrase means only one thing: our actions have consequences. Parents punish their children by being bad examples.
Children will NOT be ready to change their hearts(their life style) and accept true God.
Until one day God raises new generation(sends new spirits) who will accept true God.

06-09-2015, 12:59 PM
(13-08-2015 02:59 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 02:55 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  That is certainly a unique interpretation! I would bet that every non-Mormon Christian would disagree with you, though. And probably every religious Jew as well.
They do not understand why Fall of Adam and Eve is so important.
They do not know WHY God wants us to be here. They do not know the purpose of all this creation.
Their understanding of Fall makes no sense.

Alla,

Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
06-09-2015, 01:03 PM
(06-09-2015 12:59 PM)Ted Tucker Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 02:59 PM)Alla Wrote:  They do not understand why Fall of Adam and Eve is so important.
They do not know WHY God wants us to be here. They do not know the purpose of all this creation.
Their understanding of Fall makes no sense.

Alla,

Good question I never asked myself. God didn't reveal this information. Probably they didn't have them.

[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
06-09-2015, 01:28 PM
(06-09-2015 01:03 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 12:59 PM)Ted Tucker Wrote:  Alla,

Good question I never asked myself. God didn't reveal this information. Probably they didn't have them.

Well that was easy. Big Grin

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
06-09-2015, 05:39 PM
(06-09-2015 12:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 12:01 PM)jennybee Wrote:  You see, God didn't want having to kill all the first-born in Egypt--but it was part of His plan (to further show his power) and who are we to judge or try and understand God's ways. God hardened the pharaoh's heart because he was trying to show Egypt his power over the pharaoh.
Who said that God didn't want to kill those children? God sends us here, God decides when we are out of here. Death is not some horrible ending of us. Death is just a tool to go to spirit world for a while.
Before those children were sent to Earth they knew about their mission here in this life. They CHOSE to fulfil this mission. They came here to obtain physical bodies.
Without physical bodies we can not become Gods. Every person has his/her own mission on this Earth. We all have time to live here. Sometimes it is a little longer. Sometimes it is little shorter.
We all have different trials and different blessings but we are all equal before God.
We come here to learn good and EVIL in PHYSICAL bodies so we can come back home(Celestial Kingdom) to continue on our eternal progression.

Today's lesson; god murders babies, and that's okay because the babies chose it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post