Some Questions for the Theists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2015, 02:20 PM
RE: Some Questions for the Theists
(06-09-2015 12:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 12:10 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Seeing that in 2 Kings, God forbids the act of punishing the children for the sins of the parents, that would make God a hypocrite wouldn't it?

Q: What does "punishing the children for the sins of the parents" really mean?

A: When the children are made to suffer for the deeds of the parents. For example, Pharoah refused to release the Israelites from Egypt (the sin, even though it was god that hardened pharoah's heart) and God sent an Angel of Death for the wholesale slaughter of all the firstborn children of Egypt (the punishment).

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2015, 02:37 PM
(05-09-2015 11:54 AM)mirawho Wrote:  I find it interesting that the old Vedic literature isn't brought up much around here.

Really? Why would it be? Consider

Quote:I did a search and have not found a title about this. Most of the arguments here seem to center around the belief/disbelief in Abrahamic religions.

Because those are the theists most of us have to deal with in real life and in here.

Quote:And as far as Saṃsāra, I am sure it is a joke until you go through it again.

No, it's just a joke.

Quote:Oh, BTW, I am not a Buddhist, just kind of laugh at how stubborn and unbending both sides are. Yeah, it is all physics, physics that magically fall apart at singularity (singularity/god - something neither theists or atheists can explain the existence of). Since neither side can explain that moment of god or that moment of creation, all of your arguments are conjecture.

Science says, "The evidence is consistent with several hypothese."
Religion say, "God did it."

That's a very major difference.

Quote:I also find it interesting when people believe they are showing proof of non-existence by others not being able to provide a tangible proof of existence, yet they in their own world have no tangible proofs of what they "think" is correct.

You don't seem to understand that that is not what is happening.
A claim without any evidence is rejected. That's it.

Quote:There are so many things in this world that can't be explained by mere science alone.

So? There are fewer things unexplained today than yesterday; there will be even fewer tomorrow.

Quote:The military has a very progressive and semi-secret program centered around remote viewing. That is the ability to go somewhere outside of your current physical area and see what is going on in another place. This kind of promotes the idea of a conscious "soul" or energy inside of you that is able to leave your physical body and be somewhere else. These people have been accurate and what they have done is not disclosed but the program continues.

Uh-huh. You're going to have to provide a credible source for that "information".

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
07-09-2015, 09:05 PM
(07-09-2015 02:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 11:54 AM)mirawho Wrote:  The military has a very progressive and semi-secret program centered around remote viewing. That is the ability to go somewhere outside of your current physical area and see what is going on in another place. This kind of promotes the idea of a conscious "soul" or energy inside of you that is able to leave your physical body and be somewhere else. These people have been accurate and what they have done is not disclosed but the program continues.

Uh-huh. You're going to have to provide a credible source for that "information".

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
08-09-2015, 05:31 PM
(06-09-2015 05:39 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Today's lesson; god murders babies, and that's okay because the babies chose it.
Today's lesson: every one of us made a choice before earth was even organized: to come to this earth to obtain physical bodies and to learn good and EVIL, all kind of evil. Including physical pain and physical death.
God murders babies = it is time to go back home. their mission was complete.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
08-09-2015, 05:36 PM
(07-09-2015 02:20 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 12:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  Q: What does "punishing the children for the sins of the parents" really mean?

A: When the children are made to suffer for the deeds of the parents. For example, Pharoah refused to release the Israelites from Egypt (the sin, even though it was god that hardened pharoah's heart) and God sent an Angel of Death for the wholesale slaughter of all the firstborn children of Egypt (the punishment).
God didn't punish those children. God punished their parents. Evil or wrong choices of some effect innocent people. Those children were innocent victims. They obtained physical bodies(very important thing for eternal progression/eternal life) and their completed their mission - to be innocent victims. They were taken back home(place they came from).

08-09-2015, 06:12 PM
@Alla

If you could prove anything you assert Alla you could make this world a heaven for even if we were sitting in pure shit, we would see it like gold.
08-09-2015, 06:21 PM
(08-09-2015 06:12 PM)epronovost Wrote:  @Alla
If you could prove anything you assert Alla you could make this world a heaven for even if we were sitting in pure shit, we would see it like gold.
I don't think I could make this world a heaven. No proof will take away moral agency from people. People have temptations, you know. People are weak sometimes, you know. No proof can stop a person who has strong temptation to do evil and can NOT resist it.

08-09-2015, 06:26 PM
(08-09-2015 05:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 05:39 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Today's lesson; god murders babies, and that's okay because the babies chose it.

Today's lesson: every one of us made a choice before earth was even organized: to come to this earth to obtain physical bodies and to learn good and EVIL, all kind of evil. Including physical pain and physical death.

Funny, I don't recall being asked.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-09-2015, 06:41 PM
(08-09-2015 06:26 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(08-09-2015 05:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  Today's lesson: every one of us made a choice before earth was even organized: to come to this earth to obtain physical bodies and to learn good and EVIL, all kind of evil. Including physical pain and physical death.

Funny, I don't recall being asked.
Of course, you don't recall. You are not suppose to. There is a reason for this.

08-09-2015, 06:46 PM
(08-09-2015 06:21 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(08-09-2015 06:12 PM)epronovost Wrote:  @Alla
I don't think I could make this world a heaven. No proof will take away moral agency from people. People have temptations, you know. People are weak sometimes, you know. No proof can stop a person who has strong temptation to do evil and can NOT resist it.

This is nothing more than an attempt at misdirection while you fail to answer the question.

This tactic DOES NOT work here.

Please answer the question.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.