Some Questions for the Theists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2015, 09:09 PM
RE: Some Questions for the Theists
(13-08-2015 08:22 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 07:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I want photos.

That's the proof I want.

Or perhaps mention in actual historical documents.
Might be a problem seein as how the Romans destroyed all proof other than texts that where written after the fact for the most part. They are historic documents though.

Please provide evidence of that. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-08-2015, 09:10 PM
Some Questions for the Theists
Guess that didn't either. Uhm... If you look up crucifixion on Wikipedia there is an ancient prophetic depiction that is from 1~~ a.d . Thanks. I suck with tech sometimes, especially on a phone. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
13-08-2015, 09:11 PM
Whoops it did work. My bad.
13-08-2015, 09:13 PM
(13-08-2015 08:57 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Free Thought,
No realistic pics that I know of except for...
[Image: f0994258e5c8dbef5eed43f99e22327a.jpg]

As far as other texts; he was prophesied in the Torah and Old Testament. Thanks.

That is Crucifixion of Jesus of Nazareth, medieval illustration from the Hortus deliciarum of Herrad of Landsberg (12th century).

Are you even trying? Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-08-2015, 09:13 PM
(13-08-2015 09:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 08:22 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Might be a problem seein as how the Romans destroyed all proof other than texts that where written after the fact for the most part. They are historic documents though.

Please provide evidence of that. Drinking Beverage
How would I do that? Oh wait not your problem, right. Way to think freely. Thanks.
13-08-2015, 09:16 PM
(13-08-2015 09:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  

As far as other texts; he was prophesied in the Torah and Old Testament. Thanks.

That is Crucifixion of Jesus of Nazareth, medieval illustration from the Hortus deliciarum of Herrad of Landsberg (12th century).

Are you even trying? Dodgy
Still prophetic. My mistake on the date I guess. Thanks for the correction. Of course I am trying.
13-08-2015, 09:41 PM
(13-08-2015 06:08 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Aborted babies are pure and innocent, so yes they go to heaven where there is no negativity whatsoever, so they wouldn't feel stuck, but perfect. Thanks.
what god gave this revelation?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
13-08-2015, 09:47 PM
(13-08-2015 05:43 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Define human
Human - intelligent spirit in physical body. God Yahweh didn't reveal to His Prophets whether fetus has spirit. If fetus has no spirit than it is not human yet. But if it has spirit then it is human.
Some people believe that it is human, some say it is not. But the truth is that nobody knows. That is why two sides will argue till the end of times the same like shia and sunni will fight till the end of times.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
13-08-2015, 10:35 PM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2015 08:57 AM by Aliza.)
Regarding the original post, good question! You're basically asking about something that is spiritual in nature, as opposed to asking for hard evidence to "prove" that spirits exist. Given that's the case, I’ll answer strictly from a religious perspective. You also didn’t limit your question to a particular religion, so I’ll offer a Jewish perspective.

"Do you believe that god has given everyone free will to choose whether to serve him or not?"

According to Judaism, all adults have free will. I can try to expand on this if you have a more detailed question.

"...If so, what happens to aborted babies spiritually speaking?"

According to what I understand of my religion, life begins at birth. Whether or not abortion is recommended for casual use, the facts remain that according to Judaism, a fetus is only considered to be potential life until it is born. It does not have a soul until it is born. Spiritually speaking, the fetus didn’t yet have a soul when it was aborted, so the soul that would have otherwise gone into that baby simply goes into a different baby instead.

Adding to that, any child who dies before having the chance to express true free will may be reincarnated so that the child will have the chance to grow into an adult and express their free will.

So sorry, but I do not have citations for either of my responses. I don’t own a copy of the Talmud, and I believe that both of these ideas are sourced (or extrapolated) from that body of text.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
13-08-2015, 11:34 PM

I don't care about pictures of bronze-age events, they don't help much. Besides, medieval illustrations are unhelpful, given the considerable time gap between the supposed life of Jesus and the medieval period.

I'm not a biblical scholar, but I don't recall a messiah named Jesus ever being predicted in the OT. There was one who would be called Immanuel, however...

The problem with the OT is that it is even more a patchwork than the NT, being built over centuries by different authors who frequently inserted details into previous author's accounts. It is unreliable as a historical document. Another potential problem with it is that the writers of the NT could have read OT texts and engineered details relating to their Messiah based on the previously made prophesies.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.