Some brief Thoughts on Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2012, 09:04 PM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2012 11:07 PM by Mr Woof.)
Some brief Thoughts on Jesus
Historically it appears that he did exist as there are some very brief secular points relating to this.
He was most probably Jewish, in keeping with his profound knowledge of Judaism and the fact that he was allowed to preach to fellow Jews.
There was considerable early confusion (pre Constantine) as to who parented him with the early follower of the faith, Marcion, claiming that Jesus was son of the real god, not Yahveh, the latter being quite an amateur, with the son representing truth.
Indeed, Marcion would have had the whole O.T destroyed. Other Gnostic groups held stange ideas as to whether our future saviour was exclusively man or spirit.

The preachings of Jesus were all written down several decades after his alleged death and differ in content.
He appears to have been the ultimate dogmatist, in that he claimed salvation was only to be found through him and the father, presumeably, Yahveh and not Marcion's God.

His preaching was quite varied;ranging from the cursing of fig trees, chasing evil spirits into little pigs, turning water into wine, right up to raising the dead.
Some of his philosohical homilies were quite sensible and not unlike the teachings of Buddha, some 500 years earlier. While he is depicted as gentle and kind in some ways, he also spoke of eternal hell fire and much wailing and gnashing of teeth for dissenters. His aquatic skills were quite amazing as witnessed by his walking on water. He often rebuked his men...."ye of little faith" which is quite amazing especially after his water and wine gigs.

While this is all very brief hopefully I have indicated but a few great mysteries inherent in judaeo /christianity and perhaps others have views to share relating to pre Christianity or The Jesus Movement, as distinct from Roman Catholicism and the Reformation period.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
23-02-2012, 09:12 PM
RE: Some brief Thoughts on Jesus
(23-02-2012 09:04 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Historically it appears that he did exist as there are some very brief secular points relating to this.

I'd really like to know which ones or were can I find them...

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-02-2012, 10:55 PM
From what I'd read about it there were two secular historical figures who had written about Jesus. One supposedly didn't even write the thing and te other didn't actually mention Jesus only the religion of the Christ.
If there were others please fill me in homie.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Hm...interesting to think what western history would have been like with a Marcionite view of God, doing away with the Machiavellian wannabe God of the OT.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
23-02-2012, 11:00 PM
(23-02-2012 09:12 PM)KVron Wrote:  
(23-02-2012 09:04 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Historically it appears that he did exist as there are some very brief secular points relating to this.

WEll maybe?
There are said to be very brief mentions by Josephus and Philo of Alexandria, though many say these were added afterwards by Christian prople.Huh
23-02-2012, 11:05 PM
(23-02-2012 11:00 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(23-02-2012 09:12 PM)KVron Wrote:  

WEll maybe?
There are said to be very brief mentions by Josephus and Philo of Alexandria, though many say these were added afterwards by Christian prople.Huh

This is one of those "great mysteries inherent in judaeo /christianity", isn't it? Dodgy
23-02-2012, 11:08 PM
I've never seen ANY historical, well let me edit that, any WORTH reading historical "proof" that such a figure ever existed.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
24-02-2012, 01:34 AM

The history of Jesus Christ doesn’t matter. Probably he existed as a person, definitely the Gospels tell us about Christ and how to be one with Christ. Christ is God, specifically God conscious of Himself from inside His Creation.

We do not have unbiased historical records of Jesus of Nazareth, but it doesn’t matter. The Gospels have survived from that time. We don’t live in 30 AD, so the physical reality of Jesus does nothing for us. We live now, and we have the words of Christ (most accurately recorded in the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, IMHO). Those words are enough to transform us into what Jesus was and to make us one with Christ and one in Christ.

Keep in mind, every bit as much as it is impossible to know if Jesus lived historically, it is impossible to know if he didn’t. Apparently God has this thing about spiritual revelation and faith. He seems to place it above history and science. Go figure.
Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2012, 02:37 AM
(24-02-2012 01:34 AM)Egor Wrote:  [...] the physical reality of Jesus does nothing for us.

The physical reality of Jesus sure did a lot for me last night.

ZING!

(24-02-2012 01:34 AM)Egor Wrote:  Keep in mind, every bit as much as it is impossible to know if Jesus lived historically, it is impossible to know if he didn't.

[Image: funny-gifs-and-headdesk.gif]

I'm sorry Erx, I just can't stop.
[+] 3 users Like rook2004's post
24-02-2012, 07:46 AM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2012 08:03 AM by Superluminal.)
I suggest people are interested in this subject watch this video and then follow up on some of the data he cites on their own. Readers Digest version of video: No, Jesus probably didn't exist at all, not even historically.

[+] 1 user Likes Superluminal's post