Some evolutionary predictions I have made.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2014, 03:10 PM
Some evolutionary predictions I have made.
Today I thought about what animals might evolve into. Here is a few:

A new variation of desert lions:

[Image: female_dunes.jpg]

Seeing how these animals are able to now live in the desert and adapt their evolution will eventually come. Right now the lions are said to not be able to run across sand dunes. Also that food and water are scarce. So if the lions living here can survive they might become animals with small groups, and might evolve specialized paws in which they can run across both sand dunes and rock areas. They might also evolve a special pattern on their fur in which they can sneak across and look like the background.

Carnivorous hippos:

[Image: article-2232751-1604CEC1000005DC-406_964x539.jpg]

Hippos have been reported eating meat and carrion. So it could happen that hippos will leave a new species that might actually eat meat only. If so the Nile crocodiles may be out competed and become extinct. This would also mean the new hippo species will become the new apex predator.

Omnivorous(or at least very homicidal) Deer:

Like the hippos the deer have been known to eat meat. In fact they have been documented eating birds like in the video above. So this might mean that if such behavior becomes more prevalent, that deers of such species like the one above will become omnivorous(or even more violent and kill everything they don't like)

Convergent Chimpanzees:

[Image: Rise%2Bof%2Bthe%2Bapes%2BChimps%2Breally...er%2B4.jpg]

Chimps may eventually become just like us. They may form new languages, hell they already sort of have religion beginning for them. So it could be that our closest relative is following right behind us in their own evolution. Well I mean it is not too far fetched, little sisters tend to want to follow the older one.

This is only a few and these aren't things that will happen but might happen in due time if the conditions are right.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2014, 05:22 PM
RE: Some evolutionary predictions I have made.
I predict the walking catfish, mudskipper, or both will evolve into a new lineage of reptiles.
[Image: 142-walking-catfish-1024.jpg]
[Image: mudskipper600.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
17-04-2014, 07:19 PM
(17-04-2014 03:10 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Convergent Chimpanzees:

Chimps may eventually become just like us. They may form new languages, hell they already sort of have religion beginning for them. So it could be that our closest relative is following right behind us in their own evolution. Well I mean it is not too far fetched, little sisters tend to want to follow the older one.

Brings a whole new meaning to guerrilla warfare.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
17-04-2014, 07:20 PM
(17-04-2014 07:19 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(17-04-2014 03:10 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Convergent Chimpanzees:

Brings a whole new meaning to guerrilla warfare.

Now it is spelled gorilla warfareLaugh out load

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
17-04-2014, 07:21 PM
(17-04-2014 05:22 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  I predict the walking catfish, mudskipper, or both will evolve into a new lineage of tetrapod like animals.

Just had to make it clear sorry.Big Grin

17-04-2014, 07:22 PM
(17-04-2014 07:20 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(17-04-2014 07:19 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Brings a whole new meaning to guerrilla warfare.

Now it is spelled gorilla warfareLaugh out load

Laughat

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
17-04-2014, 08:51 PM
(17-04-2014 07:21 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(17-04-2014 05:22 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  I predict the walking catfish, mudskipper, or both will evolve into a new lineage of tetrapod like animals.

Just had to make it clear sorry.Big Grin

Although "tetrapod" still applies, I used "reptile" intentionally because I was thinking about dozens of millions of years from now when they may lose any amphibious nature at all. I was simply being specific. Smile

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
17-04-2014, 09:09 PM
I predict that all of these Ideas are just freaking bullshit, and no-one knows what "extinction" or "behavioral anomalies" mean. Or the fact that no one here has ever saw a cladeograph of our planet's biology.
Sorry for being a bit aggressive...
(The mudskipper idea is a bit too ludicrous for me.)
My evolutionary prediction is that humans will wipe out all other animalia species that have not been turned into a slave species, or a producer species, (cows, goats.) And will alter all animal kingdoms to produce items or make computations for it, making cyborg mold and bacteria and plants, etc.
(I hope people get that for the first part when I dissed everyone, I was kidding. Except for the mudskipper. Mudskippers are a species that has invaded tons of countries, and will likely go extinct when exterminated by humans who don't want any non-indiginous species wrecking up their "fragile" ecosystem. Also, the second part is actually my prediction.)

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
17-04-2014, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2014 09:50 AM by ghostexorcist.)
(17-04-2014 03:10 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Today I thought about what animals might evolve into. Here is a few:

[...]

Convergent Chimpanzees:

This is only a few and these aren't things that will happen but might happen in due time if the conditions are right.

Chimps are more likely to go extinct than to become just like us. It's been estimated that they and the other great apes will disappear in the wild in the next 20 years if nothing is done to stem the tide of their habitat loss and death by bushmeat hunters and poachers dealing in the animal trade. Even if they survive into the distant future, I still doubt they will become just like us. They have adapted to their forested environment for the last 7 million years. I believe genetics shows that they have changed phenotypically more in that time than we have. We owe our current body plan and large brains to living in mosaic environments. We were forced to live in all possible habitats (because it changed so rapidly), and that is why we have come to conquer the planet. We are one of the most environmentally flexibly species to ever live.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
08-05-2014, 11:32 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2014 11:44 PM by ghostexorcist.)
(17-04-2014 09:33 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Chimps are more likely to go extinct than to become just like us. It's been estimated that they and the other great apes will disappear in the wild in the next 20 years if nothing is done to stem the tide of their habitat loss and death by bushmeat hunters and poachers dealing in the animal trade. Even if they survive into the distant future, I still doubt they will become just like us. They have adapted to their forested environment for the last 7 million years. I believe genetics shows that they have changed phenotypically more in that time than we have. We owe our current body plan and large brains to living in mosaic environments. We were forced to live in all possible habitats (because it changed so rapidly), and that is why we have come to conquer the planet. We are one of the most environmentally flexibly species to ever live.

I believe the current model for the Last Common Ancestor (LCA) is more similar to the gracile Australopithecines. Looking at the differences between, say, A. afarensis and chimps shows how much the latter has changed in the course of their own evolution. They've definitely become more robust. I personally would say these are differences in degree and not kind, though. Regardless, chimps are still the best living behavioral analog that we have.

Seeing the latest trailer for the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes film made me revisit this subject.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user