Some home Truths.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2014, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2014 04:16 PM by Mr Woof.)
Some home Truths.
Well over two years ago I was challenged to the boxing ring by Earmuffs over my writings relating to gay parenting. I had claimed that ideally heterosexual parenting was the preferred option and provided considerations i saw as supporting this view.

As a gay person Earmuffs became enraged over my argument and has been ever since, with ongoing abuse directed towards my family and myself.

I apologized for causing any concern to him over sentences that may have appeared insensitive, but this was not enough. I was expected to retract my entire position, something I will never do. I even personal mailed him on one occasion.

I believe that in debate a person should be able to express a view contrary to any shared conviction in a reasonable manner without the development of deep hatred for those who hold an opposing view.

When people tell me to mend bridges i find this rather annoying. Am I supposed to become a lackey to general consensus and some sort of hero worship. This I will never do.

I have been chided by Stark Raving over my comments.
That said I will continue here at my discretion, but don't expect to see me too often.
2015 offers many new and diverse options.

AS for the gay parenting issue, I have no desire to drag that up all again; we are all entitled to our views, along with the rights to express them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2014, 03:32 PM
RE: Some home Truths.
(28-12-2014 03:24 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Well over two years ago I was challenged to the boxing ring by Earmuffs over my writings relating to gay parenting. I had claimed that ideally heterosexual parenting was the preferred option and provided considerations i saw as supporting this view.

And your evidence for that is? I don't see two women raising kids being worst than a man and a woman raising kids. I think I understand why muffs was miffed.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
28-12-2014, 03:35 PM
The thing is though(at least from my point of view) is that heterosexual couples are not preferred. I mean they might be preferred by you personally but there is no data to support your opinion.
So you will never retract your position. Even in the face of overwhelming evidence?
The need to be right; the sign of a vulgar mind....Smile
28-12-2014, 03:35 PM
Just move on man!
28-12-2014, 03:37 PM
Not sure why you get so worked up about my opinion.

Meh

So many cats, so few good recipes.
28-12-2014, 03:44 PM
(28-12-2014 03:37 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Not sure why you get so worked up about my opinion.

Meh

Many of you go off on tangents and fail to address the core of what I am really saying.

As for you, I think you are a pretty reasonable person, particularly in the context of of a good few utilizing this forum.
28-12-2014, 03:46 PM
Woof,
Seriously, let it go dude. Just stop.

I don't agree with you that same sex parents are patently worse than hetero parents. That is my opinion. You are welcome to yours. But you can't expect people to agree with your opinion on everything. You aren't the ultimate authority on the subject.

Stop stirring shit and the smell will die down.

Goddamn - though you aren't much older than I am I have tried to hold onto a bit of respect due to you being my elder. Now I don't know that it's deserved or if you are deteriorating mentally.

Dude, your record is skipping - kick it and move on.

Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
28-12-2014, 03:48 PM
(28-12-2014 03:35 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  The thing is though(at least from my point of view) is that heterosexual couples are not preferred. I mean they might be preferred by you personally but there is no data to support your opinion.
So you will never retract your position. Even in the face of overwhelming evidence?
The need to be right; the sign of a vulgar mind....Smile

I don't need expert data to have an opinion.
Even in science opinions differ.
I am not claiming to be RIGHT.

I DON'T HAVE TO TAKE ON BOARD THE FACT FINDING OF MY PREFERRED EXPERT,NOR DO YOU.
28-12-2014, 03:55 PM
(28-12-2014 03:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Woof,
Seriously, let it go dude. Just stop.

I don't agree with you that same sex parents are patently worse than hetero parents. That is my opinion. You are welcome to yours. But you can't expect people to agree with your opinion on everything. You aren't the ultimate authority on the subject.

Stop stirring shit and the smell will die down.

Goddamn - though you aren't much older than I am I have tried to hold onto a bit of respect due to you being my elder. Now I don't know that it's deserved or if you are deteriorating mentally.

Dude, your record is skipping - kick it and move on.

Facepalm

For God's sake I am not asking anyone to agree with me!
Why must I say that ideally gay parenting is equal to hetro marriage if i don't believe it?
As for your 'deteriorating mentally !'Facepalm
28-12-2014, 03:57 PM
(28-12-2014 03:55 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(28-12-2014 03:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Woof,

Facepalm

For God's sake I am not asking anyone to agree with me!
Why must I say that ideallygay parenting is equal to hetro marriage if i don't believe it?
As for your 'deteriorating mentally !'Facepalm

That isn't a reference to your opinion, it's referring to your need to keep bringing this up. I didn't take you for a drama queen when I first saw you around here. Now I see that you have some need to keep things riled up.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post