Some home Truths.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2014, 11:01 PM
RE: Some home Truths.
I am usually accused of being homophobic, because I'm a Christian. When I say that Jesus never condemned homosexuality, so I don't have an opinion on it, that just seems to fuel the accusations of my homophobia--which doesn't really even exist. You see it's not enough to tell someone you couldn't possibly give a shit if they're gay. You have to march in their parade or you're a hater.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2014, 11:06 PM
(28-12-2014 03:24 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Well over two years ago I was challenged to the boxing ring by Earmuffs over my writings relating to gay parenting. I had claimed that ideally heterosexual parenting was the preferred option and provided considerations i saw as supporting this view.

As a gay person Earmuffs became enraged over my argument and has been ever since, with ongoing abuse directed towards my family and myself.

I apologized for causing any concern to him over sentences that may have appeared insensitive, but this was not enough. I was expected to retract my entire position, something I will never do. I even personal mailed him on one occasion.

I believe that in debate a person should be able to express a view contrary to any shared conviction in a reasonable manner without the development of deep hatred for those who hold an opposing view.

When people tell me to mend bridges i find this rather annoying. Am I supposed to become a lackey to general consensus and some sort of hero worship. This I will never do.

I have been chided by Stark Raving over my comments.
That said I will continue here at my discretion, but don't expect to see me too often.
2015 offers many new and diverse options.

AS for the gay parenting issue, I have no desire to drag that up all again; we are all entitled to our views, along with the rights to express them.

[Image: q5p-anytime-someone-complains-about-a-fa...g-work.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
28-12-2014, 11:15 PM
(28-12-2014 11:01 PM)Gordon Wrote:  I am usually accused of being homophobic, because I'm a Christian. When I say that Jesus never condemned homosexuality, so I don't have an opinion on it, that just seems to fuel the accusations of my homophobia--which doesn't really even exist. You see it's not enough to tell someone you couldn't possibly give a shit if they're gay. You have to march in their parade or you're a hater.

this is the kind of stuff that pisses me off. not every "pro-gay" person is like that. so to speak in general terms like that, sorry, it makes you sound a bit "anti-gay". ive got no prob with you not knowing your particular stance on the issue, it wouldnt matter to me if you were homophobic. i would only ask why you thought that way...

yes its wrong to automatically accuse every christian who walks past you as a homophobic asshole, but when all you know are homophobic christians and all you see in the media are bigoted christian politicians, so its only natural to think that.
28-12-2014, 11:27 PM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2014 11:31 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(28-12-2014 03:24 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Well over two years ago I was challenged to the boxing ring by Earmuffs over my writings relating to gay parenting. I had claimed that ideally heterosexual parenting was the preferred option and provided considerations i saw as supporting this view.

As a gay person Earmuffs became enraged over my argument and has been ever since, with ongoing abuse directed towards my family and myself.
I think it had less to do with Muffs being gay and a lot more to do with the fact it is bigoted and without a single bit of supporting evidence. Not all opinions are created equal and just because you have a fucking opinion does not make it correct.
You're wrong, your bigoted, and your a "poor me, I'm the victim" asshole about it. Nothing supports your view, you're just trying to justify you bigotry.

(28-12-2014 03:24 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I apologized for causing any concern to him over sentences that may have appeared insensitive, but this was not enough.
Ah the classic "I'm sorry you found it offensive" non apology instead of an actual apology for being fucking offensive.

(28-12-2014 03:24 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I was expected to retract my entire position, something I will never do.
Good to know your bigotry can be moved by evidence.Rolleyes

(28-12-2014 03:24 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I believe that in debate a person should be able to express a view contrary to any shared conviction in a reasonable manner without the development of deep hatred for those who hold an opposing view.
I agree. You however didn't do that. You have no evidence to support your opinion and thus there is nothing "reasonable" about your position. You're a bigot, you keep trying to justify your bigotry (kinda like in the thread about "whores" you started).

(28-12-2014 03:24 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  When people tell me to mend bridges i find this rather annoying. Am I supposed to become a lackey to general consensus and some sort of hero worship. This I will never do.
No you're supposed to provide some actual fucking evidence or actual fucking data to show that your opinion is not something you pulled outta your ass with your teeth or you're supposed to shut the fuck up about it.

(28-12-2014 03:24 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I have been chided by Stark Raving over my comments.
Rightfully so.

(28-12-2014 03:24 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  That said I will continue here at my discretion, but don't expect to see me too often.

Oh bullshit Woof, we all know you ain't going anywhere at all. You do this dumb fucking song and dance every few months so just shut the fuck up about it. No one takes this shit even remotely serious.

Either piss off or shut the hell up about pissing off.

(28-12-2014 03:24 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  AS for the gay parenting issue, I have no desire to drag that up all again; we are all entitled to our views, along with the rights to express them.
Ya but YOU just brought it up...AGAIN you idiot.

So there is nothing wrong with you expressing your opinion but you are somehow a victim if other people express a negative opinion of you and your opinion? Go fuck yourself you utter hypocrite.

Everyone has an opinion and everyone is free to express it but having an opinion does not make it factual correct or anything other the bigotry. The KKK has an opinion, and like yours, is factually wrong, founded on a lack of education and an over abundance of bigotry.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
28-12-2014, 11:33 PM
(28-12-2014 11:01 PM)Gordon Wrote:  You have to march in their parade or you're a hater.

That's an anti-gay statement but lucky for you no one really gives a fuck about your opinion on account of it being utterly worthless due to you being a lunatic.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
29-12-2014, 01:53 AM
I'm staunchly in favor of equal rights for gays in every respect. I grew up without a father. I believe I missed out on a lot as I observed friends relationships with their fathers, and have that confirmed by now being a father. My anecdotal evidence is that a second mom would not have filled that gap of me, and couldn't for my kids.

I'm sure there's more to the Woof story, but I hope this board isn't a place where people have to fear expressing these kinds of sentiments. There is something to be said for personal experience and intuition, especially on a topic where one can likely make data say what you want it to say. This is always a concern in the social sciences, with which I also have personal experience as a researcher.

Given that men and women parent differently and meet different needs for their children, I'd be wary of a study that suggested there is no significant difference for kids. But hey, that's just like, my opinion,man. Peace.
[+] 1 user Likes freetoreason's post
29-12-2014, 01:58 AM
(29-12-2014 01:53 AM)freetoreason Wrote:  I'm staunchly in favor of equal rights for gays in every respect. I grew up without a father. I believe I missed out on a lot as I observed friends relationships with their fathers, and have that confirmed by now being a father. My anecdotal evidence is that a second mom would not have filled that gap of me, and couldn't for my kids.

I'm sure there's more to the Woof story, but I hope this board isn't a place where people have to fear expressing these kinds of sentiments. There is something to be said for personal experience and intuition, especially on a topic where one can likely make data say what you want it to say. This is always a concern in the social sciences, with which I also have personal experience as a researcher.

Given that men and women parent differently and meet different needs for their children, I'd be wary of a study that suggested there is no significant difference for kids. But hey, that's just like, my opinion,man. Peace.

Same sex couples usually rate higher, and it's pretty simple why. How often does a same sex couple have kid unintentionally? Yep, most same sex couples that pursue the raising of children (whether through artificial insemination or adoption) prioritize it, and that alone pays far more dividends than whether or not their plumbing matches. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
29-12-2014, 02:30 AM
I'm sure if you look at the statistics, the same percentage of people will be fucked up no matter who raises them.
[+] 1 user Likes Jack_Ripper's post
29-12-2014, 08:49 AM
(29-12-2014 01:58 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(29-12-2014 01:53 AM)freetoreason Wrote:  I'm staunchly in favor of equal rights for gays in every respect. I grew up without a father. I believe I missed out on a lot as I observed friends relationships with their fathers, and have that confirmed by now being a father. My anecdotal evidence is that a second mom would not have filled that gap of me, and couldn't for my kids.

Same sex couples usually rate higher, and it's pretty simple why. How often does a same sex couple have kid unintentionally? Yep, most same sex couples that pursue the raising of children (whether through artificial insemination or adoption) prioritize it, and that alone pays far more dividends than whether or not their plumbing matches. Drinking Beverage

Agree, but that misses the all else equal part. I favor same sex couples adopting kids. But if there's an equally capable and motivated different sex couple, no matter where they are on the spectrum of sexual preference (hate the binary categories), I think the kids benefit from that diversity.

My larger point is that in the promotion of gay rights, which again I fight for, we risk discounting the important differences between men and women that go beyond the physical. Myself included.
29-12-2014, 08:53 AM
(29-12-2014 02:30 AM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  I'm sure if you look at the statistics, the same percentage of people will be fucked up no matter who raises them.

Yep, because life is hard down here on this indifferent whirling mass, and shit happens. We're all just trying to get through to the end best we can. Nice when we can reach out to help one another along the way.