Some home Truths.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2014, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2014 11:10 AM by BnW.)
RE: Some home Truths.
(28-12-2014 03:24 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Well over two years ago I was challenged to the boxing ring by Earmuffs over my writings relating to gay parenting. I had claimed that ideally heterosexual parenting was the preferred option and provided considerations i saw as supporting this view.

As a gay person Earmuffs became enraged over my argument and has been ever since, with ongoing abuse directed towards my family and myself.

I apologized for causing any concern to him over sentences that may have appeared insensitive, but this was not enough. I was expected to retract my entire position, something I will never do. I even personal mailed him on one occasion.

I believe that in debate a person should be able to express a view contrary to any shared conviction in a reasonable manner without the development of deep hatred for those who hold an opposing view.

When people tell me to mend bridges i find this rather annoying. Am I supposed to become a lackey to general consensus and some sort of hero worship. This I will never do.

I have been chided by Stark Raving over my comments.
That said I will continue here at my discretion, but don't expect to see me too often.
2015 offers many new and diverse options.

AS for the gay parenting issue, I have no desire to drag that up all again; we are all entitled to our views, along with the rights to express them.

So, here's a crazy question; if you didn't intend to bring up the gay parenting issue, why did you bring up the gay parenting issue? As I see it, your intent here was to start another "woe is me" thread. And, to show how reasonable and misunderstood you are, you bring up a topic that you know, without a doubt, is going to cause a ruckus so you can claim victim status.

I have 2 sons, aged 11 and 13. My 13 YO has a group of friends, there are 4 of them, and they all constantly take the piss out of each other. And, they all know it's a joke and they all just go with it. My 11 YO is the opposite. Any teasing at all and he has a crying breakdown, which, as you may imagine, only makes the situation worse. My wife and I have recently had some very blunt discussions with him about how hard life is going to be if he doesn't learn to just roll with things.

You remind me of my 11 YO son. Except, he's a child. You have zero excuses for this. Seriously, what were you possibly trying to accomplish with this thread? You're either trying to restart an old argument that you know ticked people off, or you're trying to extend the same argument from the "rep" thread that ticked people off. It's one or the other.

I don't spend enough time here to really have a good basis for opinions on the people here, but I'm quickly getting a sense of you. You need to grow up. This is not how adults interact.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
29-12-2014, 02:08 PM
(29-12-2014 02:30 AM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  I'm sure if you look at the statistics, the same percentage of people will be fucked up no matter who raises them.
Poor parenting can fuck up children and in turn the adult that comes from that child.
29-12-2014, 02:15 PM
(28-12-2014 03:24 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I believe that in debate a person should be able to express a view contrary to any shared conviction in a reasonable manner without the development of deep hatred for those who hold an opposing view.
Sure, I agree with you.

But, you can't control what people's real and lasting reaction actually is.
It's all fine saying what "should be" but we need to deal with what "is".

(28-12-2014 03:24 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  When people tell me to mend bridges i find this rather annoying. Am I supposed to become a lackey to general consensus and some sort of hero worship. This I will never do.
You have two options:
1. Hold a grudge, feel guilt, be worried about your reputation (neg reps). Create pointless threads addressing your insecurities which never end in a favourable outcome for you.
2. Move on. Have other conversations on this forum.

We aren't all going to agree with each other all the time. Some people are going to try and deride you, try and make you feel like an immoral, worthless sub human. That's the power of morality if you subscribe to it.

Anyway's in my opinion, it is best just to move on, don't live in this moment forever, but instead push forward.
29-12-2014, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2014 02:55 PM by Free.)
(28-12-2014 03:24 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Well over two years ago I was challenged to the boxing ring by Earmuffs over my writings relating to gay parenting. I had claimed that ideally heterosexual parenting was the preferred option and provided considerations i saw as supporting this view.

As a gay person Earmuffs became enraged over my argument and has been ever since, with ongoing abuse directed towards my family and myself.

I apologized for causing any concern to him over sentences that may have appeared insensitive, but this was not enough. I was expected to retract my entire position, something I will never do. I even personal mailed him on one occasion.

I believe that in debate a person should be able to express a view contrary to any shared conviction in a reasonable manner without the development of deep hatred for those who hold an opposing view.

When people tell me to mend bridges i find this rather annoying. Am I supposed to become a lackey to general consensus and some sort of hero worship. This I will never do.

That said I will continue here at my discretion, but don't expect to see me too often.

AS for the gay parenting issue, I have no desire to drag that up all again; we are all entitled to our views, along with the rights to express them.

Let me tell you something you already know.

The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.

You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward.

That’s how winning is done!

Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not be pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you are because of him, or her, or anybody.

Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!

Cool

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
29-12-2014, 04:34 PM
(29-12-2014 09:06 AM)BnW Wrote:  

So, here's a crazy question; if you didn't intend to bring up the gay parenting issue, why did you bring up the gay parenting issue? As I see it, your intent here was to start another "woe is me" thread. And, to show how reasonable and misunderstood you are, you bring up a topic that you know, without a doubt, is going to cause a ruckus so you can claim victim status.

I have 2 sons, aged 11 and 13. My 13 YO has a group of friends, there are 4 of them, and they all constantly take the piss out of each other. And, they all know it's a joke and they all just go with it. My 11 YO is the opposite. Any teasing at all and he has a crying breakdown, which, as you may imagine, only makes the situation worse. My wife and I have recently had some very blunt discussions with him about how hard life is going to be if he doesn't learn to just roll with things.

You remind me of my 11 YO son. Except, he's a child. You have zero excuses for this. Seriously, what were you possibly trying to accomplish with this thread? You're either trying to restart an old argument that you know ticked people off, or you're trying to extend the same argument from the "rep" thread that ticked people off. It's one or the other.

I don't spend enough time here to really have a good basis for opinions on the people here, but I'm quickly getting a sense of you. You need to grow up. This is not how adults interact.

If I am seriously at fault perhaps I can plea non est factum and move on from there.
The issue has extended over three years, much longer than most of you have been here. I see my argument as legitimate, while my continuance is probably eccentric.
As my line of thought is not generally well recognized, nuanced as it may be, does not negate an inherent legitimacy.
At 72 I am still growing up, and have no shame in admitting that; when I really stop; well I see that as a problem.
29-12-2014, 05:55 PM
I really don't mean this as an insult, but I'm going to say this anyway: why would a 72 year old man care what strangers on the internet think of him? Why are you focusing on this?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
29-12-2014, 06:00 PM
(29-12-2014 05:55 PM)BnW Wrote:  I really don't mean this as an insult, but I'm going to say this anyway: why would a 72 year old man care what strangers on the internet think of him? Why are you focusing on this?

With due respect I am finished with this issue........given the same circumstances perhaps others would have acted similarly.............