Some movies online that I can recommend

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2013, 12:49 AM
Video Some movies online that I can recommend
First up...Bergman's "Silence Of God Trilogy".

The first was the Oscar winner "Through A Glass Darkly" which depicted God as a spider...as envisioned by a schizophrenic, young woman. Bergman HATED the ending which makes a statement about god that he thought was a simplistic copout. He's right...but the film is still worth watching...

To "correct" that ending, he made "Winter Light". It deals with a minister who has lost his faith. It's a short, powerful film in which "god's silence" is dealt with head on. If you thought that Mel Gibson's "The Passion" was nothing but a snuff film, then you will appreciate a scene towards the end where "The Passion" (in the Biblical sense) is put into perspective. It should bring a smile to an atheist's face...even though the scene is dead serious.

The final film is "The Silence". In it, god doesn't even exist in the abstract. He just ain't there! I won't post the video here, as there is an ahead of its time sex scene...and I don't want to be kicked off the board. It can be easily found though.

“I'm an atheist, and that's it. I believe there's nothing we can know except that we should be kind to each other and do what we can for people.” - Katharine Hepburn
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DerVin166's post
14-09-2013, 01:15 AM
RE: Some movies online that I can recommend
Black and white... must be good.

Smile

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
14-09-2013, 01:30 AM
Quote:Black and white... must be good.

Smile

Unfortunately...they no longer make films as ballsy as these in colour Confused

“I'm an atheist, and that's it. I believe there's nothing we can know except that we should be kind to each other and do what we can for people.” - Katharine Hepburn
11-10-2013, 05:57 AM
Through A Glass Darkly as you describe in upper are my best movie.