Some people...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2012, 12:04 PM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2012 01:21 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Some people...
(24-09-2012 11:59 AM)xLegendofLink096x Wrote:  I'm curious as to what you all think about me...
Do I remind you of anyone?
Do I have a specific voice to you?
Anything...

The most Holy Blessed Virgin Mother Mary. Tongue

ducking
(just kidding)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-09-2012, 01:00 PM
For me it's:

Aurora - Always makes me laugh and her posts are great.

Chas - I wish I could be so terse yet so on target.

DLJ - Erudite, funny and when he is the last post to a particularly salacious topic you know it's going to a new level (take that as you might).

Dom - If anyone messes with Dom, I break out the popcorn, sit back and watch Smile Love how she sticks to her guns.

Erxy (Lord) - Lord of Chaos, Lord of Humor and if I must say, Lord of the Dance!

Girlyman - Effen fantastic and don't effen forget it.

HoC - All power to the Gwynnies! Seriously a trip.

KC - I respect him for putting up with us lot! He's a smart guy and I like him.

Kim - Smart, fun and if you mess with her you'd better bring your friends and a lunch...you'll need both.

Lady Jane - My go to poster for a sane point of view, all the while insightful, smart and funny.

Stark - Besides sharing a love for certain plants, his posts are a riot either in or out of Admin mode. I like that he allows the freedom for people to speak even when its outside the comfort zone.

Vosur - Wise beyond his years, he'll never see this as he's probably spending all his time with those ragamuffins on the Teen Thread.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
24-09-2012, 01:05 PM
(24-09-2012 06:52 AM)Filox Wrote:  I wonder what would people think, where am I from, if I haven't mention Croatia for a million and one time... Seriously, where would you put me, if you didn't know where I was?

Serbia.

Evil_monster

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
24-09-2012, 01:07 PM
(24-09-2012 11:59 AM)xLegendofLink096x Wrote:  I'm curious as to what you all think about me...

What are my idiosyncrasies?
Do I remind you of anyone?
Do I have a specific voice to you?
Anything...

I think of a sweet Southern Belle. Blush

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
24-09-2012, 01:09 PM
So, what do y'all think of me? Hobo

[Image: opforum1.png]
24-09-2012, 01:19 PM
(24-09-2012 01:09 PM)frankiej Wrote:  So, what do y'all think of me? Hobo

You smell of haggis. Laughat

~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
24-09-2012, 01:20 PM
I don't really like eating haggis... but I do use it as shower gel.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 4 users Like frankiej's post
24-09-2012, 03:56 PM
(24-09-2012 01:20 PM)frankiej Wrote:  I don't really like eating haggis... but I do use it as shower gel.

Threw up a little in my mouth when I read that......Not sure I ever want to picture anything remotely similar to Frankie rubbing himself with haggis in the shower.

......gonna have nightmares tonight.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 5 users Like Stark Raving's post
24-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Some people...
(23-09-2012 11:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-09-2012 09:30 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I see a post from e.g. Bucky Ball and, before opening it, I "know" I will discover something wonderful and new but hesitate, wondering if I have time to fully digest a mammoth tome.

This wouldn't be happening if there were somewhere to put them, other than in the regular forum posts. A while ago we were talking about a resource libray for the forum, and nothing came of it. If there were a list of subjects headings or a way to get something on, without going on through the regular forum, I would use it. Most of the long ones are for the guests anyway.

At the beginning of September I decided to check on view numbers for a couple of the long ones. On Sept 6, the "Old Testament Texts / Another Look" had 183 views. On Friday, it had 766 views. So people find them, either as a web search, or a TTA search, and read shit, long after they are gone from "today's posts". I wish there was a way to put the "educational" ones somewhere other than the regular forum, but there isn't.

Beware. There are two more biggies in the works.
a. a group project refuting YECism, and Creationism in general,
b. a refutation of Aristotle/Aquinas/Feser and friends(the Catholic go-to-guy)

We still need a forum resource section,
with a mod type "librarian/resource manager",
(we can link to all kinds of junk, not just atheist stuff, organized by topic).

So quit yer bitchin, open a thread with the forum team and get DeepThought involved to see if there is a way to put these resources into a more manageable format. Thumbsup

~Izel
24-09-2012, 04:12 PM
(24-09-2012 04:37 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Brilliant!
Everyone else is going to hear Girly like that now too.

So, you are hearing voices in your head?!?! That's a little worrying.

None that say 'Kill the bitch' or anything of that sort, if that's what you're wondering. It's more of a Yosemic Paracusia.

It's similar to this:

[Image: freemanic_paracusia.png]

Still, it may be unsettling to some. Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 3 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post