Some questions from a new member

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2014, 12:33 PM
Some questions from a new member
Hi all,

I have two questions and I haven't found anything to properly answer them, so I'm asking here. If I missed the answers, probably in plain view, feel free to link me to them. Tongue

1. I see that Admins are green, Mods are pink, SuperMods are purple, but what about the rainbow usernames and the red ones?
  2. Is there an official rule about necroposting? I mean, when is it considered necroposting? 3 full moons, 6 months, 1 year?

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2014, 12:37 PM
RE: Some questions from a new member
(23-10-2014 12:33 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Hi all,

I have two questions and I haven't found anything to properly answer them, so I'm asking here. If I missed the answers, probably in plain view, feel free to link me to them. Tongue

1. I see that Admins are green, Mods are pink, SuperMods are purple, but what about the rainbow usernames and the red ones?
  2. Is there an official rule about necroposting? I mean, when is it considered necroposting? 3 full moons, 6 months, 1 year?

Rainbow is Ex-staff, except for former Admins who get Teal. Red is for contributing members (they get the fancy color and more pm space).

There is no real rule about necroposting but it is generally frowned upon, especially if you are responding to OP's from people who are no longer on the forum. If a topic is more than 3 months old probably best not to post in it.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
23-10-2014, 12:42 PM
(23-10-2014 12:37 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Rainbow is Ex-staff, except for former Admins who get Teal. Red is for contributing members (they get the fancy color and more pm space).

There is no real rule about necroposting but it is generally frowned upon, especially if you are responding to OP's from people who are no longer on the forum. If a topic is more than 3 months old probably best not to post in it.

And don't pay attention to those rainbow people - they are severely flawed individuals. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
23-10-2014, 01:36 PM
And then there are the dark red ones, not unlike myself, who are the Cardinals of TTA.
I haven't determined yet what it is we are supposed to be doing here, other than occasionally swearing at dumb asses.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
23-10-2014, 01:41 PM

Pfft, don't listen to the others, necroposting is fine. Post in a thread from years ago if you like. I necropost when I feel it's appropriate (or when I'm bored) so feel free to do so yourself. Thumbsup

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
23-10-2014, 01:47 PM
See here for Organisational structure and principles / policies.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...nformation

[needs an update, btw, please Hughsie]

23-10-2014, 02:47 PM
Thanks everyone for the info! Big Grin

孤独 - The Out Crowd
23-10-2014, 04:01 PM
I agree with Hughsie about necroposting.

There are people who will fuss if you necropost and people who will fuss if you start a new thread about something that was posted ages ago. So - however you want to approach it is fine.

And welcome. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
23-10-2014, 04:22 PM
2) When it's on the second page and beyond.

[Image: oscar.png]
23-10-2014, 04:28 PM
(23-10-2014 04:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I agree with Hughsie about necroposting.

There are people who will fuss if you necropost and people who will fuss if you start a new thread about something that was posted ages ago. So - however you want to approach it is fine.

And welcome. Thumbsup

Thank you Anjele! But wait a second... you're supposed to be back by 2525! What is going on? Shocking

孤独 - The Out Crowd