Some really twisted thinking (warning dark)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2016, 01:06 AM
Some really twisted thinking (warning dark)
There are many erigious ideas in religion but some take the cake over others here are 3 particular idea's that fill me with dread

1. Children are mini missionaries or ideological chess pieces in our march to global domination rather then individuals who's values steams not for what they do for me or society or my ideology beliefs this sickening and if atheism or secular idea's need to use similar tactics to live then it's doesn't deserve to survive

2.It's all for the greater good no matter how many need suffer and die no matter how nightmarish the world becomes anything is justified for the greater good .The greater good that needs such horrors can neither be great nor good it can only be Pyrrhic and there are far worst things then death.

3."die as yourself" This line is really self explanatory

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like OrdoSkeptica's post
16-07-2016, 01:16 AM
RE: Some really twisted thinking (warning dark)
(16-07-2016 01:06 AM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  There are many erigious ideas in religion but some take the cake over others here are 3 particular idea's that fill me with dread

1. Children are mini missionaries or ideological chess pieces in our march to global domination rather then individuals who's values steams not for what they do for me or society or my ideology beliefs this sickening and if atheism or secular idea's need to use similar tactics to live then it's doesn't deserve to survive

While indoctrination of children is still common, using them in such way seems to be thing of the past (HJ, All-Union Leninist Young Communist League).

(16-07-2016 01:06 AM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  2.It's all for the greater good no matter how many need suffer and die no matter how nightmarish the world becomes anything is justified for the greater good .

It's in the name of greater good that worst crimes were committed. USSR, III Reich, Khmer's Cambodia, Mao's China. Sadly building the utopia seem to blind people to cost of making it real.

(16-07-2016 01:06 AM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  The greater good that needs such horrors can neither be great nor good it can only be Pyrrhic and there are far worst things then death.

There is no greater good I would say, it's just smokescreen to hide atrocities behind.

As for worst things, sure - Inquisition dungeons, GULag, Nazi camps.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
16-07-2016, 01:35 AM
Indeed suz when secular ideologies take on these very religious themes and then slaps ah but god says it okay then any horror can be accomplished

It's often said by fundies that without god all things are permissible. I call bull with gods decree or a least some demagogue speaking for said fairy all horrors are possible.Were all just cogs in his divine scheming for an ends i can't see any sane soul wanting

thank goodness none of it's so

16-07-2016, 01:44 AM
(16-07-2016 01:35 AM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  Indeed suz when secular ideologies take on these very religious themes and then slaps ah but god says it okay then any horror can be accomplished

Marxism-leninism was hardly secular. It was just another religion, with proletariat as chosen people destined to end suffering and alienation and earthly Eden in sight. Nazism too had religious themes in it and Hitler didn't shy from using religious language.

(16-07-2016 01:35 AM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  It's often said by fundies that without god all things are permissible.

Considering the biblical flood it should be said that with god all things are permissible.

(16-07-2016 01:35 AM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  I call bull with gods decree or a least some demagogue speaking for said fairy all horrors are possible.Were all just cogs in his divine scheming for an ends i can't see any sane soul wanting

Solzhenitsyn put it better than I: To do evil a human being must first of all believe that what he’s doing is good, or else that it’s a well-considered act in conformity with natural law. Fortunately, it is in the nature of the human being to seek justification for his actions.

Macbeth’s self-justifications were feeble – and his conscience devoured him. Yes, even Iago was a little lamb too. The imagination and the spiritual strength of Shakespeare’s evildoers stopped short at a dozen corpses. Because they had no ideology.

Ideology – that is what gives evildoing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination. That is the social theory which helps to make his acts seem good instead of bad in his own and other’s eyes, so that he won’t hear reproaches and curses but will receive praise and honors. That was how the agents of the Inquisition fortified their wills: by invoking Christianity; the conquerors of foreign lands, by extolling the grandeur of their Motherland; the colonizers, by civilization; the Nazis by race; and the Jacobins (early and late), by equality, brotherhood, and the happiness of future generations.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post
16-07-2016, 02:20 AM
(16-07-2016 01:44 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(16-07-2016 01:35 AM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  Indeed suz when secular ideologies take on these very religious themes and then slaps ah but god says it okay then any horror can be accomplished

Marxism-leninism was hardly secular. It was just another religion, with proletariat as chosen people destined to end suffering and alienation and earthly Eden in sight. Nazism too had religious themes in it and Hitler didn't shy from using religious language.

(16-07-2016 01:35 AM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  It's often said by fundies that without god all things are permissible.

Considering the biblical flood it should be said that with god all things are permissible.

(16-07-2016 01:35 AM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  I call bull with gods decree or a least some demagogue speaking for said fairy all horrors are possible.Were all just cogs in his divine scheming for an ends i can't see any sane soul wanting

Solzhenitsyn put it better than I: To do evil a human being must first of all believe that what he’s doing is good, or else that it’s a well-considered act in conformity with natural law. Fortunately, it is in the nature of the human being to seek justification for his actions.

Macbeth’s self-justifications were feeble – and his conscience devoured him. Yes, even Iago was a little lamb too. The imagination and the spiritual strength of Shakespeare’s evildoers stopped short at a dozen corpses. Because they had no ideology.

Ideology – that is what gives evildoing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination. That is the social theory which helps to make his acts seem good instead of bad in his own and other’s eyes, so that he won’t hear reproaches and curses but will receive praise and honors. That was how the agents of the Inquisition fortified their wills: by invoking Christianity; the conquerors of foreign lands, by extolling the grandeur of their Motherland; the colonizers, by civilization; the Nazis by race; and the Jacobins (early and late), by equality, brotherhood, and the happiness of future generations.

I stand corrected Smile

16-07-2016, 08:12 AM
Still waiting for the really twisted dark stuff.

Child missionaries for atheism. - all I can picture is kids on a playground having fun with no thoughts of any gods. OMG - how horrific !!!

Atrocities for the greater good. - I'm thinking of some virus that we can't stop and a large section of the world has to be nuked. I'm OK with that, even if I'm in that group getting nuked.

"Die as yourself" really isn't as self explanatory as you might think.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
16-07-2016, 12:15 PM
fair enough not everyone has the same tolerance for the disturbing i guess Smile

17-07-2016, 04:02 AM
I know of children being used in the US to go door to door selling xianity. It is a real problem.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
18-07-2016, 07:23 AM
(17-07-2016 04:02 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I know of children being used in the US to go door to door selling xianity. It is a real problem.

Yes, the Jehovah's Witnesses often bring a child with them. It's harder to tell them to fuck off when there's a 6-year-old standing there, and I'll bet that's why they bring them along.

Of course, if you're clever, it also gives you an opportunity to plant some seeds of doubt in the child's mind.

Evil_monster
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post