Some sincere questions for pro-life atheists, no debate intended

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2014, 09:19 AM
RE: Some sincere questions for pro-life atheists, no debate intended
(27-11-2014 10:30 AM)doniston Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 10:40 PM)DLJ Wrote:  How many causes of pregnancy are there?

I can only think of one.

Consider
I think she is considering Rape, incest, etc.

Also a joke....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2014, 01:36 AM
(28-11-2014 09:19 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(27-11-2014 10:30 AM)doniston Wrote:  I think she is considering Rape, incest, etc.

Also a joke....

I took it for a joke. No worries.

It is self-evident that I do not need religion or God to be a moral, happy, productive human being.
29-11-2014, 01:40 AM
(27-11-2014 05:40 PM)calmblueocean Wrote:  When I consider the abortion issue, I think first of all that, as has been said in this thread, the pregnant woman should have the final say, as it's her body. Regardless of whether she later regrets her decision (either way), it's her body; it's her choice.

When thinking for myself what the best course of action might be for a particular person in this situation, I would consider any health issues, medical or psychological (for mother or potential child), and also the overall situation of the mother. Will this child, if it's born, be born into a situation where it can't be properly provided for? Won't be loved? If the potential child is bound to suffer because its mother can't or won't care for it (be the reasons financial, emotional, educational, whatever), I think it would be better for it to not be born. There are a great number of children living through situations like this, and surely this affects them in adulthood, should they reach it. I know there are a lot of people who have come through situations just like this and are strong, intelligent, worthwhile people, perhaps even more compassionate than they would otherwise have been because of what they've endured. But just because a person can survive such adversity doesn't mean s/he should be forced to do so. (As a zygote s/he can't make any kind of decision like this, so it falls to those who can. And now I'm getting myself a bit too deep, perhaps, heh.)

Overall, I would prefer to minimise suffering among everybody and everything that's capable of feeling it.

I favor the woman or girl over the unborn, but I recognize that adoption is always an option, IF the woman or girl is willing to risk a full-term pregnancy and birth. Both have greater risks to health than safe abortion.

It is self-evident that I do not need religion or God to be a moral, happy, productive human being.
[+] 1 user Likes Imago's post