Some straight bull...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2016, 10:04 PM
RE: Some straight bull...
(10-01-2016 09:46 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 09:41 PM)Banjo Wrote:  You have not answered coherently a single question.

Were you dropped on your head multiple times when a baby?

Fuckstick.
Must have missed it.

What question was he asking there?
I think he meant "in your entire fucking time here" asshole.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
10-01-2016, 10:20 PM
(10-01-2016 07:26 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The things that are written in it where wrote by me after I got home. They match up well with scriptures of many faiths. I had never read any of them not had ever written or even though most of the things written before, especially not in that sense.
It is proof of universal morality, truth of scripture, and the truth that there is a singular creative force(god) that is our help and guide.

No, it's proof that all religions follow a similar underlying pattern. This comes as little surprise here as it has been the focus of several book by Dawkins, Hitchens and the like.

You claim to have had a Divine Revelation, yet every religion ever spawned makes that claim. You'll cheerfully dismiss their claims while insisting that yours is valid. That's hypocrisy of the highest order.

You can't demonstrate, even to yourself that this scribbling on your receipt pad was inspired by God. It is just as likely that it was His Opposite Number. And there is no way that you can know for certain that it wasn't.

Keep up the good work though. Evil_monster

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
10-01-2016, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2016 10:36 PM by Noric.)
I will say this, I don't know exactly what pops point has been throughout this (you're really bad at staying in topic bro, I just talked about this with my family)... however, and I say this at risk of emboldening him, which is gonna suck... he said something small that I agree with...

Quote:Unfortunately, the blood spilled by the hand of power hungry man has left a foul stench in the air when one views much organized religion. This fear, even of persecution is not to feared by those rightly ailing the narrow path, and is of man and deception.

I wouldn't use such condescending language, but I think there's a point here. Most of the bullshit surrounding religion was acted on by humans, not a god physically walking on earth and killing blind people who can't see him, and are therefore incapable of believing he's actually there.

Could I ask a question... Just for the sake of perspective. If humans were as hands off as God is if he's there, as in no holy wars, no genocide, no witch hunts, no judgement by unjust men, no hypocrisy, no "in the name of..." whatsoever (note, I'm not trying to paint an infallible picture of religion, just laying out a totally fabricated hands off scenario for the sake of the question) Would a passive belief in a higher being be just as bad if humans hadn't fucked it up in the beginning? I heard somebody say once "my faith stops at my nose" and I didn't get it then, but it makes a whole lot more sense now. What if faith was never organized and everybody took that nose-barrier approach to it, do any of you at all believe the situation wouldn't be as distasteful as it is now? And of not, what would be your objections in that scenario?

That said, the rest of what pops said is just... Wow. If you at all claim to be a representative of theists, then I'll gladly go at it with you myself.

Acceptance is a hell of a drug.
[+] 3 users Like Noric's post
10-01-2016, 10:42 PM
Jainism is a pretty peaceful religion, except for the whole "not giving your children de-worming medicine or antibiotics" thing.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
10-01-2016, 10:44 PM
(10-01-2016 09:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 09:46 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Must have missed it.

What question was he asking there?

That was the specific question in the post...in bold. Note the question mark.

Still waiting to hear about what happened to bring about your sudden faith.
I was in a bad spot. I'd always been sort of negative or pessimistic. For a couple of years before 2011 I had been putting myself and close family through exponential amounts of pain. Always having a quite but strong will I fought to change my own course. I had grown and experienced much by my own hand through ruthless indecision and hidden selfishness. Despite my seemingly best attempts I could not climb myself out of the pit I had dug. Changes were being made. Slowly. I thought I was doing better, but due to high threshold or embracing negativity as motivation I blinded myself to the obvious.

I nearly killed the mother of one of my children out of not rage exactly, but need, as I was trying to advance from where I was for multiple reasons and she was bent on self gratification(destruction) regardless of what was at stake(child). So anyway yeah, really, really almost ruined the lives of two families, more importantly messing up the chances of a child to have a fair chance. So I didn't kill her. I stopped after methodically chasing her in a calm composed manner for ~20 minutes.

Maybe the next day, I'm not sure. 7-30-11 I was driving home from work in my normal angry, critical state. I remember driving on the highway and the radio fading out. It was peculiar so I adjusted the volume and frequency to no avail whatsoever.

I remember after that feeling a wonderful sense of relief. A sense of all burdens such as anger, hatred, spite, vengeance, malice where taken away from me. These things that weighed me down and made me so destructive where lifted from my shoulders. It was overwhelming. Don't recall crying before that. But years of joy ran freely down my face as I sobbed in joy and gratitude. I was shown a lot, mostly personal really. I recall flashes of memories long forgotten brought to the forefront, shown in holy different light, significance, and necessity. I was shown that through all steps in my life and even prior to my birth that not only where my growing pains necessarily, but that God was their through all of it contrary to my complete disbelief the majority of the time. I remember many things came to me in a different view or understanding that seemed complete and unquestionable. Not because of authority necessarily, but it was just that level of understanding, it was complete in some way. I remember being in utter awe at the miraculousness of the things that had transpired, and newly motivated and driven with a whole different attitude towards life. I was very grateful, and still am. I recall the radio fading back in and kinda realising it was done or whatever. I got home, found what I could to write on(the invoice book) and tried to write what I could remember. Like I said what came out seems to be more of a moral guide than a recollection of the event itself.

That pretty much covers it. I have had other subsequent verifications I guess you could call it, also, of varied degrees and nature.

That's it I guess.

Peace
[+] 1 user Likes popsthebuilder's post
10-01-2016, 10:46 PM
(10-01-2016 10:42 PM)cactus Wrote:  Jainism is a pretty peaceful religion, except for the whole "not giving your children de-worming medicine or antibiotics" thing.

I raised two kids and never gave my kids deworming medicine!
10-01-2016, 10:48 PM
(10-01-2016 10:46 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 10:42 PM)cactus Wrote:  Jainism is a pretty peaceful religion, except for the whole "not giving your children de-worming medicine or antibiotics" thing.

I raised two kids and never gave my kids deworming medicine!

Lucky you. Wink

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
10-01-2016, 10:51 PM
(10-01-2016 10:44 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 09:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  That was the specific question in the post...in bold. Note the question mark.

Still waiting to hear about what happened to bring about your sudden faith.
I was in a bad spot. I'd always been sort of negative or pessimistic. For a couple of years before 2011 I had been putting myself and close family through exponential amounts of pain. Always having a quite but strong will I fought to change my own course. I had grown and experienced much by my own hand through ruthless indecision and hidden selfishness. Despite my seemingly best attempts I could not climb myself out of the pit I had dug. Changes were being made. Slowly. I thought I was doing better, but due to high threshold or embracing negativity as motivation I blinded myself to the obvious.

I nearly killed the mother of one of my children out of not rage exactly, but need, as I was trying to advance from where I was for multiple reasons and she was bent on self gratification(destruction) regardless of what was at stake(child). So anyway yeah, really, really almost ruined the lives of two families, more importantly messing up the chances of a child to have a fair chance. So I didn't kill her. I stopped after methodically chasing her in a calm composed manner for ~20 minutes.

Maybe the next day, I'm not sure. 7-30-11 I was driving home from work in my normal angry, critical state. I remember driving on the highway and the radio fading out. It was peculiar so I adjusted the volume and frequency to no avail whatsoever.

I remember after that feeling a wonderful sense of relief. A sense of all burdens such as anger, hatred, spite, vengeance, malice where taken away from me. These things that weighed me down and made me so destructive where lifted from my shoulders. It was overwhelming. Don't recall crying before that. But years of joy ran freely down my face as I sobbed in joy and gratitude. I was shown a lot, mostly personal really. I recall flashes of memories long forgotten brought to the forefront, shown in holy different light, significance, and necessity. I was shown that through all steps in my life and even prior to my birth that not only where my growing pains necessarily, but that God was their through all of it contrary to my complete disbelief the majority of the time. I remember many things came to me in a different view or understanding that seemed complete and unquestionable. Not because of authority necessarily, but it was just that level of understanding, it was complete in some way. I remember being in utter awe at the miraculousness of the things that had transpired, and newly motivated and driven with a whole different attitude towards life. I was very grateful, and still am. I recall the radio fading back in and kinda realising it was done or whatever. I got home, found what I could to write on(the invoice book) and tried to write what I could remember. Like I said what came out seems to be more of a moral guide than a recollection of the event itself.

That pretty much covers it. I have had other subsequent verifications I guess you could call it, also, of varied degrees and nature.

That's it I guess.

Peace

We have no reason (none, zero, zip, zilch, nada) to believe anything you have to say, given your recorded history of repeated dishonest bullshit on this forum.

Even assuming what you have said is true, that's nowhere close to being evidence for anything supernatural or miraculous, let alone the divine intervention of your particular emotionally stunted pan-dimensional invisible space wizard. If this is evidence for your god, then both Joseph Smith and Muhammad are prophets of the One True (and mutually exclusive) god. In fact, every religion is true, because we can find believers with near identical stories in every cult. Congrats, you should rightly believe in all religions if your standard of evidence is so low.

This is why you're a retarded cunt.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
10-01-2016, 10:54 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2016 10:58 PM by Fireball.)
(10-01-2016 10:48 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 10:46 PM)DerFish Wrote:  I raised two kids and never gave my kids deworming medicine!

Lucky you. Wink

Lucky both of you! I've had to delouse mine, before. Confused

I don't generally engage theists, because the ones that come to atheist sites tend, for the most part, to act like pops. Somewhere there is:
a) A smirking individual toying with people
b) A raving theist who enjoys being a masochist
c) Pick some other freakish reason

Pops, you need help, regardless of why you came here.
10-01-2016, 10:55 PM
(10-01-2016 09:56 PM)Noric Wrote:  Okay I left a while to practice and I've just read the extra 50 comments since. Pops, you're the guy that makes people like me look bad. Kindly fuck off, that's all.
Excuse me. How can I make you look bad? I don't even know you. A sweeping generalization, if indeed a flaw, is one one whoever makes the generalization.