Some straight bull...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2016, 08:48 PM
RE: Some straight bull...
(11-01-2016 08:24 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  ...With that being said I will open a thread for scriptural support of my claims that the religions I have studied are very similar in moral code way of attainment and reason for attainment among other things.

I'd love to review some of your scriptural support. I look forward to your post on this matter.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2016, 08:49 PM
(11-01-2016 08:24 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(11-01-2016 06:29 AM)julep Wrote:  Eh… pops's bullshit gets dull after a while.

His participation on this thread will stop, however, just as soon as he makes a specific claim (rather than the vague and incoherent stuff) and is asked to provide evidence to back it up and then is required to discuss that evidence in detail.

See: every thread with pops in it, ever. Once he's asked to be specific, his phone battery "dies," or his large volume of supporting evidence is somehow deleted--before it ever makes it to one of his posts and can be evaluated by other readers--and he demands that instead, others "look it up."

He even runs from simple questions asking him to cite the scripture backing his claims, for example, that all scriptures of all religions essentially agree, or that scripture supports a single point.
My phone was about to die once or twice delaying my reply. My posts have been removed or wiped clean over halfway through copying and pasting page upon page of corroborating data. That happened like 3 times on one subject. I don't run Dr m anything. With that being said I will open a thread for scriptural support of my claims that the religions I have studied are very similar in moral code way of attainment and reason for attainment among other things. This may take some time because the books are generally thousands of pages and unlike life long religious people I cannot simply go straight to what I need because I don't remember where it is.

So give me some time please.

Thanks

You do understand using scripture as support of your claims is no different than saying you're going to use Mother Goose rhymes to support that a giant egg named Humpty was sentient.

There's nothing useful within scripture that proves the reality of something, it is simply more presuppositional posturing.

Show me which direction we can point our telescopes to see god on his throne. That wouldn't be enough evidence either, but it would be a beginning for providing useful, falsifiable evidence.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
11-01-2016, 09:00 PM
People have been personifying the forces of nature since long before written language was invented. Of course the scriptures among different cultures are going to share similar concepts. It is in no way indicative of divine inspiration.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
12-01-2016, 01:27 PM
(11-01-2016 08:49 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(11-01-2016 08:24 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  My phone was about to die once or twice delaying my reply. My posts have been removed or wiped clean over halfway through copying and pasting page upon page of corroborating data. That happened like 3 times on one subject. I don't run Dr m anything. With that being said I will open a thread for scriptural support of my claims that the religions I have studied are very similar in moral code way of attainment and reason for attainment among other things. This may take some time because the books are generally thousands of pages and unlike life long religious people I cannot simply go straight to what I need because I don't remember where it is.

So give me some time please.

Thanks

You do understand using scripture as support of your claims is no different than saying you're going to use Mother Goose rhymes to support that a giant egg named Humpty was sentient.

There's nothing useful within scripture that proves the reality of something, it is simply more presuppositional posturing.

Show me which direction we can point our telescopes to see god on his throne. That wouldn't be enough evidence either, but it would be a beginning for providing useful, falsifiable evidence.

The Bible is a prop, no more evidence for it's claims than a magician's wand is evidence for their stage illusions.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-01-2016, 02:50 PM
(12-01-2016 01:27 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(11-01-2016 08:49 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  You do understand using scripture as support of your claims is no different than saying you're going to use Mother Goose rhymes to support that a giant egg named Humpty was sentient.

The Bible is a prop, no more evidence for it's claims than a magician's wand is evidence for their stage illusions.

Except that the magician doesn't threaten to torture me forever if I don't believe that a rabbit got pulled out of the hat.