RE: Some straight bull...
This turned into an interesting thread.

Acceptance is a hell of a drug.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2016, 04:38 PM
(10-01-2016 07:16 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 01:19 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Do you have evidence?

Then you don't know it, you retarded jackass. Drinking Beverage
I have had and do have evidence as each and every one shall have upon actual inquisition.

More of those pesky materialists again I see.

Know that the material is the trapping we confide ourselves in, and in no way is the limit of existence, however it does limit the capacities of many.

So old guy if you have evidence out with it!
My dog is bigger than your god? That your evidence!
10-01-2016, 05:24 PM
(10-01-2016 04:35 PM)Noric Wrote:  This turned into an interesting thread.

Thread hijacking is kinda what pops does. His ego won't let any other "believer" have our attention long. He will swing by any thread that's even remotely, tangentially, related to his own special brand of bollocks drop a few lies, try to change some definitions, occasionally threat some people with violence, and generally be an obnoxious waste of everyone's time.

He's just a dishonest troll.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
10-01-2016, 05:25 PM
(10-01-2016 11:26 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 07:16 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I have had and do have evidence as each and every one shall have upon actual inquisition.

More of those pesky materialists again I see.

Know that the material is the trapping we confide ourselves in, and in no way is the limit of existence, however it does limit the capacities of many.

He who believes hard enough, and seeks something long enough, finds it, whether it is real or not.

All comes down to subjective perspective now doesn't it pops?

You and I are sitting together on a bus to orlando, the driver falls asleep and flips the bus, killing everyone onboard but you and I. I think I was just lucky that I sat in the last row which was not crushed. You think god saved you. See the difference in perspective? The question you should be thinking is, if there was a god, why did he let everyone else die, but saved you and I? it is like when recently in the news a tornado wiped out a large section of a small town, and one of the witnesses said, we were praying hard, and the tornado moved over and took out the neighbors instead....mhmm....so god chose to kill them and not you? Does that thinking really make any fucking sense? No.

Perspective.
Everyone does.

It would be wrong to place some significance on your own life over that of another.

It's not that God chose them over the others per say. Who is to say the death of the others wasn't a blessing in disguise? What about the scenario you played with the bus? Firstly your flaw is in division. You lived die to seating placement and scenario circumstances, and by the will of God. You don't have to believe in God for the to be true. Who is to say that the dead passengers didn't avert some worse fate? Who is to say that you and I leave in injured? Say we step off the bus and are clipped by a drunk. Say one of us is pinned up and the car ignites. Say I burn to a crisp while you lay in a ditch unconscious but relatively unharmed. I smell my flesh and writhe and squirm and eventually begin to convuls in my growing panic and desperation. Despite of my faith the pain has managed to overtake me and cause needless panic prior to painful death.

You awaken after some time to realize the aftermath. Unfortunately, and contrary to the fact that you and you alone still stand you chalk it up to confidence due to perspective, when in all actuality all those things had to take place in order for the possibility of you becoming faithful. It has little to do with the dead as we all must die. It has nothing to do with inequality. It has nothing g to do with the individual except as proof. If you lived through the wreckage, nothing would have changed, but perhaps your perspective, but maybe not even that. Though God works for our benefit and the benefit of all existence, some will always let greed skew their judgement. It isn't about the individual, but life as a whole.

Peace
10-01-2016, 05:42 PM
(10-01-2016 05:25 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 11:26 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  He who believes hard enough, and seeks something long enough, finds it, whether it is real or not.

All comes down to subjective perspective now doesn't it pops?

You and I are sitting together on a bus to orlando, the driver falls asleep and flips the bus, killing everyone onboard but you and I. I think I was just lucky that I sat in the last row which was not crushed. You think god saved you. See the difference in perspective? The question you should be thinking is, if there was a god, why did he let everyone else die, but saved you and I? it is like when recently in the news a tornado wiped out a large section of a small town, and one of the witnesses said, we were praying hard, and the tornado moved over and took out the neighbors instead....mhmm....so god chose to kill them and not you? Does that thinking really make any fucking sense? No.

Perspective.
Everyone does.

It would be wrong to place some significance on your own life over that of another.

It's not that God chose them over the others per say. Who is to say the death of the others wasn't a blessing in disguise? What about the scenario you played with the bus? Firstly your flaw is in division. You lived die to seating placement and scenario circumstances, and by the will of God. You don't have to believe in God for the to be true. Who is to say that the dead passengers didn't avert some worse fate? Who is to say that you and I leave in injured? Say we step off the bus and are clipped by a drunk. Say one of us is pinned up and the car ignites. Say I burn to a crisp while you lay in a ditch unconscious but relatively unharmed. I smell my flesh and writhe and squirm and eventually begin to convuls in my growing panic and desperation. Despite of my faith the pain has managed to overtake me and cause needless panic prior to painful death.

You awaken after some time to realize the aftermath. Unfortunately, and contrary to the fact that you and you alone still stand you chalk it up to confidence due to perspective, when in all actuality all those things had to take place in order for the possibility of you becoming faithful. It has little to do with the dead as we all must die. It has nothing to do with inequality. It has nothing g to do with the individual except as proof. If you lived through the wreckage, nothing would have changed, but perhaps your perspective, but maybe not even that. Though God works for our benefit and the benefit of all existence, some will always let greed skew their judgement. It isn't about the individual, but life as a whole.

Peace

Or shit just happens when there is no god controlling anything. You really take convoluted thinking to ridiculous levels, a world without any supernatural influence is what explains these things best.

What would be more interesting is to provide a reasonable, falsifiable assertion in regards to your half-assed god concept.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
10-01-2016, 05:42 PM
(10-01-2016 04:11 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  You do understand the definition of anthropocentric right?

Never assume pops understand the meaning of any words. Ever.

He has shown time and again to either be incapable, or otherwise simply refuses, to understand what is presented to him; or otherwise adhere to actual meaning of the fucking words he is using. He makes up, and forgets, shit as is most convenient for him at any given moment.

He's a supremely dishonest and stupid little shit. Frankly I don't know why you bother wasting your considerable talents upon him.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-01-2016, 06:07 PM
[Image: 98d250a22a7581d0439d19db3cfd782ebdfd7086...fcc52f.jpg]

Oh wait, that's right; we can't test it, because the concept of divine intervention is always described in a way that's exactly as vague as it needs to be in order to remain untestable. How convenient.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 4 users Like cactus's post
10-01-2016, 06:44 PM
(10-01-2016 01:06 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 01:03 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Your conception of god fails to meet his own burden of proof, therefor it is unreasonable to hold nonbelievers responsible for the 'sin of knowing disbelief' when it is god (not just yours, but all of them) who has failed to provide the necessary evidence for his existence.

Not that I actually expect you to understand that. Drinking Beverage
I meant known disbelief as in actually knowing that God exists and knowingly opposing that knowledge.

No one knows that God exists. No one. Facepalm
They only believe. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
10-01-2016, 07:01 PM
goodwithoutgod,

If someone level of primal fear or regret isn't felt towards the knowledge that one is willingly going against what they know to be right and true then it is safe to assume that individual lacks empathy and or compassion and regret or sense of worth or significance. To me this is false because life is significance. It is opportunity and potential. All scripture specifically acknowledges the actual lack of fear that will be prominent in those, if any, can but attain understanding of significance and direction of life. All scriptures I have read, when you really get down to it, do not attempt to instill fear, rather note it as an indicator of sorts.

Unfortunately, the blood spilled by the hand of power hungry man has left a foul stench in the air when one views much organized religion. This fear, even of persecution is not to feared by those rightly ailing the narrow path, and is of man and deception.

Man indeed is not central as that leads to priveledge and prejudice, if not of man, then of other life/existence.

Why entertain the test? To benefit continued harmonious existence! What other reason is there?

Rightly guided- easiest way to describe it is the whole attempt in all you do to benefit or help the scenario of all other life. To hold respect and thankfulness for the opportunity to be part of this existence, together with existence as a whole, the opportunity turns to real potential for positive influence and real benefit.

I would argue that a discerning characteristic would be selflessness in respects to wanting for self gain over others. One that not only hears their conscience, but one who actively attempts to clear self regard from the processes of the conscience, removing the only variable from the equation.

Faith can be placed in many things.

It's use in religion is trust in the will of the force that created and or formed all existence in one way or another. Trust that indeed all this magnificent existence and our peculiar placement in it us indeed for some real, benefitial purpose. It's trust that regardless of how things can seem to be through our own singular perception; we can know that the will of rightiousness, of equality and life will flourish. That regardless what the hand of man can do in his stumblings through existence that the cause of that very existence is always and eternally there to help and guide, if we but selflessly and with hope, hold true to the innermost truths that are set in each one of us. Faith is understanding there is a narrow path, and as such adhering to it to the very best of one's ability. Knowing that not only can you hold Faith in GOD and as such all else, but that in so, God can actually have faithfulness in you. It is understanding that all happens for a reason, regardless of if we can see the absolute reason or the imediate benefit of the action.

The think is that the way taught by Jesus, does heal, not necessarily physical ailments, but the sickness of the flesh(greed). Christ can resurrect the dead; those dead in sin(greed) can be born anew( metaphorically of course) and as such be wholly different from what they where in the bindings of greed. You can have Faith in this, and if ever understood, would be verified by the individual doing the understanding and by God's will.

The walking on a stereo bit is An understanding that God is not limited by anything but lack of Faith. Also shows that the holy spirit is never far from us, and that we are literally protected by GOD, by having utter Faith in it. Why do you think martyrs are such, from utter understanding, or utter Faith? From clinging to the material, or knowing that this plane is temporal, and that all that remains of us is what we managed to help pass on.

Stuff on beliefs/ community is absolutely faulty in my perticular case, however true in most. The same could be said for lack of belief.

They lead to the understanding of a singular creative force(God), showing that they are all connected and contain some level of truth to them.

Faith isn't a failed epistemalogy, it can't really be tested by infantile science, nor can many things, especially pertaining to the mind and spirit. Remember; science is the attempted explanation of the readily observable.

Your statement on belief is true as can be seen in faulty scientific theory that is subsequently replaced upon new findings.

1)There isnt a Faith tradition, there is Faith, and there is tradition.

2) there is Faith in One Creator GOD, leading to one unified truth and understanding. This has yet to have been fully realized is all.

3)your example is invalid as it is faulty. Islam believes that Mohammed was the last prophet until the coming of the end. Depending on how you look at time frames you could say that Wesley was one of the end prophets. Muslims also understand that the Christ will be returning, and as such too understand that this is a sign of the times.

4)don't know why this one gets its own little #4) but okay; refer to #3)

5)Who said the tool to figure out which one, or if both are right is only Faith;
All works are to be tested against peaceful scripture and the selfless conscience and yes Faith in ways. Not blind Faith though, Faith in direction based on knowledge and conscience.

Don't worry bout me. This old log can beat against the rocks for some time yet before it crumbles away. By the will of God, of course.

Peace.
10-01-2016, 07:05 PM
Whatever man. I enjoy it thoroughly when another believer is here. There's nothing wrong with a little relief at times.

I'm not a troll and have only ever threatened out of repeated verbal attack. Provocation isn't justification, but still.