Some straight bull...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2016, 07:58 PM
RE: Some straight bull...
(10-01-2016 05:25 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  "Who is to say the death of the others wasn't a blessing in disguise?" (1)

" when in all actuality all those things had to take place in order for the possibility of you becoming faithful." (2)

"Though God works for our benefit and the benefit of all existence" (3)

(1) read what you wrote here, ponder on it for a moment.....a blessing in disguise...how so? A better death to die in a bus accident or a fiery ball in the bus than...what? A blessing that all the women and children who were also on the bus died.....odd blessing from a "caring personal god" dontcha think?

(2) This type of statement never ceases to disgust me. I heard this very thing from my parents (ministers) and from the other ministers who sought to comfort me and my wife when both of our daughters succumbed to a terminal disease despite frantic, faithful, and earnest prayers. "Perhaps god let them die to bring you closer to him"..."he has a plan for you"....if this mythical god killed my children to bring me closer to him than I would call that faulty logic.

(3) Does he really? Which god? (Psalms 82.1). "God works for our benefit"...You see pops, what you fail to realize is that is a faith claim with zero substance or any evidence to support it. here let me try.....*ahem*

Norgg the great and mighty creator of all life who we have come to know as the Great Pumpkin has decreed that all should have a slice of pumpkin pie, thus tasting his essence, and bringing themselves closer to Norgg. Norrg works for our benefit and the benefit of all existence..eat more pie! or spend eternity in the freezer of lost souls...... Norrg 3:14

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
10-01-2016, 07:59 PM
(10-01-2016 07:26 PM)cactus Wrote:  I can't even read what that says, pops. I'd love to know what this event was that caused you to be so sure of yourself.
I'm sorry, I would prefer to keep the writings themselves from the wolves. They have profound meaning for me and I'm not interested in having them battered. I can deal with the negativity, but I'm not really comfortable put up the very proof and rememberence of my salvation to be tossed aside as mad delusional ramblings or the work of a preschooler.

The content actually, contrary to what I recall wanting to write, isn't exactly descriptive of my personal experience. More of like a moral code or guideline that resulted from it.

I would be happy to send you copies through pm or something if I you do not bash the writings or reproduce them in public terms.

Peace
10-01-2016, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2016 08:04 PM by TheInquisition.)
(10-01-2016 07:53 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 07:35 PM)unfogged Wrote:  No, it is proof that you wrote down some stuff. None of the ideas you have expressed are uncommon and whether or not you ever read scriptures before you would have heard versions of them all just from growing up. Nothing you say is unique or profound and there is no reason to think that you needed to get any of it from any sort of divine source. That is actually the least plausible possibility and if you weren't such a gullible fool you'd see that.

You need help pops. Get some.
You are being nonsensical; on one hand you claim no universal morality, then on the. Other you. State that my writings would have been based in common knowledge. Your excusing away of every word I say without regard to the point of endless self contradiction is what is old here.

Unfogged is right, you need help. If you present any evidence, it should be falsifiable and testable, all else is just you babbling.

Here's what your god has accomplished so far:

1. God has an incredible universal truth to tell us.
2. God sends a barely coherent person to troll atheist forums about this truth and convinces no one.
3. God is an idiot.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
10-01-2016, 08:02 PM
(10-01-2016 05:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 04:11 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  You do understand the definition of anthropocentric right?

Never assume pops understand the meaning of any words. Ever.

He has shown time and again to either be incapable, or otherwise simply refuses, to understand what is presented to him; or otherwise adhere to actual meaning of the fucking words he is using. He makes up, and forgets, shit as is most convenient for him at any given moment.

He's a supremely dishonest and stupid little shit. Frankly I don't know why you bother wasting your considerable talents upon him.

It is like trying to explain physics to a 4yo. You see timmy, the red kangaroo has a vertical jump height of about 1.8m (6 ft). What is the kangaroo's hang time? t=2d/g (pi) = 2(1.8m)/10m/s^2 = 0.60 s.

Timmy responds "Un-uhhhh, you are wrong, cause superman can jump whole buildings" *waves comic book in air as justification*....

Yes yes timmy *pats on head*

Rolleyes

Laugh out load

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
10-01-2016, 08:09 PM
(10-01-2016 07:59 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I can deal with the negativity...
Clearly, you'd rather not. I'll pass.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
10-01-2016, 08:11 PM
(10-01-2016 07:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 07:26 PM)cactus Wrote:  I can't even read what that says, pops. I'd love to know what this event was that caused you to be so sure of yourself.

Apparently, it's a secret. He's been asked before and all we get are vague answers, if any at all.
I have explained the actual experience numerous times to the best of my ability. I'm not averse to describing it again. I guess I could open a thread on it...
10-01-2016, 08:13 PM
(10-01-2016 08:11 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I have explained the actual experience numerous times to the best of my ability. I'm not averse to describing it again. I guess I could open a thread on it...

Just put it in the Personal Issues and Support forum (since the forum rules are more strict there), with a disclaimer at the top that says "Ad-hominem attacks are not tolerated in this thread."

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
10-01-2016, 08:17 PM
goodwithoutgod,

What? No one said shit about an innocent dying for your benefit. Any innocent who dies is blessed that they don't have to suffer this existence. Only your greed(why did this happen to me) as opposed to why did this happen to innocents is the problem.

It isn't a Faith claim. That is a faulty statement Faith is utter adherance to a thing asvivutterly true. The word claim doesn't fit as it assumes the fualtiness of the claim.

Your little parody was pretty silly.
10-01-2016, 08:19 PM
(10-01-2016 08:09 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 07:59 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I can deal with the negativity...
Clearly, you'd rather not. I'll pass.
Thank you.
10-01-2016, 08:21 PM
(10-01-2016 07:05 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm not a troll and have only ever threatened out of repeated verbal attack. Provocation isn't justification, but still.
For those reading: in this instance "repeated verbal attack" means "asking questions, pointing out dishonesty, and using his own logic against him".

*Additionally it was less then 2 hours after threatening a forum member with physical violence that he was claiming he was a compassionate and peaceful person.

Fun times.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post