Some thoughts about my girlfriend's sexual past

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2015, 12:26 PM
RE: Some thoughts about my girlfriend's sexual past
Because the quality of rebuttal against my points is petty, I respectfully withdraw all of my input. I'm not interested in people that engage on surface level analysis to debate for the sake of debate. By the way, I ride a Pegasus.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BlackMason's post
21-04-2015, 12:44 PM
(21-04-2015 07:54 AM)pauloroberts Wrote:  I'd like to clarify some things for the benefit of the feebleminded.

Soon after we met, I did ask her some stuff about her past, and she told me that there wasn't really much to tell. Which means that she lied, but I choose to focus more on the fact of what her history is, rather than her lie. But she did lie and i'm clarifying that now.

So there's that, but the point is that if anybody was curious to know if I had asked her already, they should have just asked me, instead of automatically assuming that I never did. I wonder why they chose to make the assumption that I'd never asked.

Nowhere in my post have I said anything that implies that I'm shaming her or anything like that. In fact I haven't said a single negative thing about her, I only said that we're incompatible. I could have very easily mentioned that she'd lied, but I chose to focus on the more important issue instead.

I am not seeking a virgin. To say that I am is to make a false dichotomy and a strawman argument. Anyone with common sense would not make such a silly assumption, nor did I imply that I'm a prude or that I only want a virgin. I expected better from a "thinking" forum.

When I said "this is not OK " (about her sexual history) what I obviously (obvious to people with brains) meant was that this is not acceptable to me. She has the free will and autonomy to choose her actions and I have the free will and autonomy to choose my standards and boundaries. I am a strong and independent man and I reserve that right, thank you very much.

Someone made a comparison between her sexual past and being an ex axe murderer. This was an appropriate comparison for the simple reason that her actions go way beyond normal levels of promiscuity. Those with intelligence can see that the common factor is that they are both very unusual, to say the least, and that therefore it's not unreasonable to find it shocking. For very different reasons, granted, but the point is made, in a deliberately absurd way.

Perhaps I should have clarified that I was seeking intelligent feedback. I take full responsibility for not making this clear, but I'm making it clear now, so now you know.

Do carry on...

Drinking Beverage

It's the internet. People get on it when they're pissed after work. Besides, if you had looked around on the forum, you could gone to the Personal Issues section where criticism is minimal and moderated. Replying with what you just posted would have helped too.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
21-04-2015, 01:37 PM
Who was the woman who joined without any posts and talked about how she was worried about her sexual history making her a slut, and then turned out to be a sock puppet of a misogynistic twat who also had a gripe about women's sexual freedom.

Only got to page 2 on this thread but my internal sock puppet klaxon is going off.
[+] 12 users Like Mathilda's post
21-04-2015, 01:40 PM
Found it

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid755051
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
21-04-2015, 01:50 PM
I had the same issue when I was about 20 and realized my ex actually had sex before me. My real issue ended up that I didn't have that much experience and she did and that made me insecure. 15 years later and an open relationship cured me of that.

As for the lie, what did you want her to say? "I used to catch cum in my mouth for living." It's not a big deal. If you think she's cheating then make sure and dump her. If you are insecure in your own experience then ask her to help you expand it.

Liberty loving, gun owning Atheist. Don't worry it confuses the right as well.
[+] 1 user Likes aesirus's post
21-04-2015, 03:32 PM
(21-04-2015 07:52 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-04-2015 10:25 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  Remember I'm not American so I can actually spell.

I'm not an American, either, but your intended insult is noted.

Actually you are American. Wink

[Image: smiley-face-whistle-2.gif]

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 2 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post
22-04-2015, 06:02 AM
(19-04-2015 01:28 PM)pauloroberts Wrote:  I've invested 3 years of my life with someone whose values and mine most certainly do not gel.

Are you two monogamous? If so, it sounds like your values gel just fine.
22-04-2015, 06:39 AM
(21-04-2015 03:32 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  
(21-04-2015 07:52 AM)Chas Wrote:  I'm not an American, either, but your intended insult is noted.

Actually you are American. Wink

[Image: smiley-face-whistle-2.gif]

I'm pretty sure he's Canadian Consider

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
22-04-2015, 04:02 PM
Hey wait... I think I know who you are and who you're girlfriend is!

I won't say much but there was this time... woo doggy! Big Grin

Ok so this is the problem man. You're not completely nuts despite the tone around here... Jim Jefferies jokes about finding out his model girlfriend once had a threesome with Dennis Rodman and the starting center of the Miami Heat. No one likes to think about this sort of thing but if you love her and she loves you it's too late to worry about the past bro. Maybe she loved every minute of it and maybe she wishes she had held out for you but just remember she's a human being first and you have no right to hurt her feelings. I for one like an experienced lady but perhaps you prefer more of a lifeless stiff? I don't know man but good luck to you and don't break her heart.
[+] 2 users Like dirtstar's post
22-04-2015, 11:39 PM
(21-04-2015 12:26 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  Because the quality of rebuttal against my points is petty, I respectfully withdraw all of my input.

Well, aren't you just precious?

*yawn*
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post