http://video.foxnews.com/v/1625297867001...-and-back/
We all know how accurate fox news is!

"Invisible pink unicorns" and "Screaming blue ants" Matt Slick
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ChuckTesta's post
28-06-2013, 10:33 AM
RE: Somebody just sent me this on fb :D
Anecdotal evidence and argument from authority.

Anecdotal evidence offers no evidence anyone can reproduce. Therefore, it can't hold to scrutiny. That's #1.

Argument from authority is arguing that because someone is in a stance of authority on a specific subject, that the argument is more credible or believable. A doctor can experience a batshit crazy "near death experience" as much as the next human being. Your brain can create hallucinations when you're dying that are so vivid that you can't tell the difference from reality. Just because the doctor can use a bunch of medical terms and compare them, makes it no less credible. That's #2.

The last bit is that just because they're a doctor doesn't mean they know diddly shit about how the brain works, however, a neuroscientist probably would Wink

How come her near death experience is different from someone else, who also had an experience different from someone else, who also was different from someone else? Why is it that not all near death experiences are the same?

Reading material. Near death experiences are being far more understood than they were years ago, thanks science!
http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...near-death

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
Find all posts by this user
28-06-2013, 10:18 PM
Wow. A God-believer that sees exactly what she expected to see when having a NDE. Who'd a thunk it?
Oh, I guess she did.

For a doctor, I would expect her knowledge of neurochemistry reacting to oxygen deprivation to be more analytical, and less superstitious hibbety-jibbety.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 3 users Like Jeffasaurus's post
28-06-2013, 11:51 PM
(28-06-2013 10:18 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  Wow. A God-believer that sees exactly what she expected to see when having a NDE. Who'd a thunk it?
Oh, I guess she did.

For a doctor, I would expect her knowledge of neurochemistry reacting to oxygen deprivation to be more analytical, and less superstitious hibbety-jibbety.
On the other hand it's a great opportuniiy to write a book and possibly make some money.

If I had not read the Bible I would not be an atheist.
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post
29-06-2013, 11:42 AM
(28-06-2013 10:18 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  Wow. A God-believer that sees exactly what she expected to see when having a NDE. Who'd a thunk it?
Oh, I guess she did.

Even a good doctor can be subject to confirmation bias and a slew of irrational thinking when they want something to be true.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
29-06-2013, 05:17 PM
(28-06-2013 11:51 PM)f stop Wrote:  On the other hand it's a great opportuniiy to write a book and possibly make some money.

PRAI$E JE$U$!!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
29-06-2013, 06:03 PM
(28-06-2013 10:24 AM)ChuckTesta Wrote:  http://video.foxnews.com/v/1625297867001...-and-back/
We all know how accurate fox news is!
what can I say another dinkledorff with the same old story can anyone please come up with something more creative Lol Undecided
02-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Got this reply after sending him the article.

"Ok, well, whatever. I tried to reason with ya. Good luck. Hope it works out for you. No, come to think of it, I hope it doesn't. In other words, I know that you're wrong so there's no possible way that it will "work out for you". Lol. See ya...."

Christian love...how I don't miss it.

02-07-2013, 09:54 PM
I just delete people like that on my facebook. My how the drama is about 100% less.

02-07-2013, 10:25 PM
(02-07-2013 09:54 PM)Logisch Wrote:  I just delete people like that on my facebook. My how the drama is about 100% less.

I'm not friends with him. He sent this to me, after a debate, on another friends page.