Somebody please invent...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2016, 04:46 PM
RE: Somebody please invent...
(17-04-2016 03:41 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  A food from which you can get all of your nutritional needs. I don't know if it's possible but it would be pretty cool.

When I meet people that say that you should not feed your dog anything that doesn't come out of a bag marked dog food I ask them how they would like it if someone came out with a bag of dry food for people and no one was allowed to eat anything else besides what came out of that bag, because it has everything the human body could need! My dogs were descended from dogs that thrived on bones, and I give them boneses, Chicken bones, beef bones, pig bones, turkey bones. But bones!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2016, 05:18 PM
(17-04-2016 02:52 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(17-04-2016 02:48 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Oh. . . Ehrrrmmm. Nothing. I'm not even here.

I'd assume based on context that they measure about a foot long, which gives then multiple uses.

New style French Tickler.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
17-04-2016, 05:47 PM
(17-04-2016 04:46 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(17-04-2016 03:41 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  A food from which you can get all of your nutritional needs. I don't know if it's possible but it would be pretty cool.

When I meet people that say that you should not feed your dog anything that doesn't come out of a bag marked dog food I ask them how they would like it if someone came out with a bag of dry food for people and no one was allowed to eat anything else besides what came out of that bag, because it has everything the human body could need! My dogs were descended from dogs that thrived on bones, and I give them boneses, Chicken bones, beef bones, pig bones, turkey bones. But bones!

I do give my dogs bones but never poultry bones because they splinter causing shards that can stick in the throat and intestines. Pork and beef bones yes. One of the reasons that people don't give pets human food is seasonings. Where your dogs do eat meat and bones they would never eat garlic (which is very harmful to dogs organs) or raisins or chocolate.

So taking your analogy, just because humans wouldn't want to eat out of a single bag of dry food doesn't mean they would want to eat stuff like Foxglove or Toadstools that are toxic to them either. Just because we eat it doesn't make it good for a dog.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
17-04-2016, 07:50 PM
Don't give dogs tomatoes, either. One of our dogs got into some rotten tomatoes many years ago (don't ask, you wouldn't believe it, but we didn't give them to her) and was trippin' balls for a week.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
17-04-2016, 07:56 PM
Somebody needs to invent a way to migrate mitochondrial DNA into the cell nucleous, to avoid free radical damage and keep those mitochondria working full tilt.
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
18-04-2016, 09:36 PM
(17-04-2016 10:34 AM)Dom Wrote:  Here are some practical things I wish someone would invent:

A self cleaning house

An incubator for embryos (the end of abortion)

and, of course, a cancer cure.

Well a self cleaning house could be done with a house built as a 10K or 100K clean room. But you'd have to strip naked and wear a bunny suit in order to maintain it. Maybe cleaning robots - like C-3PO in maid mode - could do this.

Why an incubator for embryos? That already exists; I don't see how it will end abortion.

As for a cure for cancer, we are close - REALLY close.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
18-04-2016, 09:37 PM
(18-04-2016 09:36 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(17-04-2016 10:34 AM)Dom Wrote:  Here are some practical things I wish someone would invent:

A self cleaning house

Well a self cleaning house could be done with a house built as a 10K or 100K clean room. But you'd have to strip naked and wear a bunny suit in order to maintain it. Maybe cleaning robots - like C-3PO in maid mode - could do this.

Why an incubator for embryos? That already exists; I don't see how it will end abortion.

As for a cure for cancer, we are close - REALLY close.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
19-04-2016, 09:14 AM
I need to invent a lap top tray to accommodate lap cats. The best thing I can think of is my breakfast bed tray thingy but I tried it and it's not tall enough for my cat to fit under when I'm sitting on my couch. I've got my cat on my lap right now and I'm typing turned sideways.

This one might work but it doesn't look like it would be very stable on my cushy couch.

[Image: k2-_42fa2f7c-dfd5-4f43-82e3-0b899f52b30c.v2.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
19-04-2016, 09:32 AM
(18-04-2016 09:36 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  

A self cleaning house

We have incubators for the third trimester. And they are not all that good either. We need them from the first. Then, if mom doesn't want to incubate she can have it incubated, and mom and/or dad can claim the baby when full term. Or - it gets removed early, no one claims it, it doesn't get incubated. Or it gets adopted upon removal. Either way, no more viable or almost viable embryos have to be removed except in emergency cases (accidents etc). This should cut way down on unwanted children, which in turn affects the number of abused children.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
19-04-2016, 09:35 AM
(19-04-2016 09:14 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I need to invent a lap top tray to accommodate lap cats. The best thing I can think of is my breakfast bed tray thingy but I tried it and it's not tall enough for my cat to fit under when I'm sitting on my couch. I've got my cat on my lap right now and I'm typing turned sideways.

This one might work but it doesn't look like it would be very stable on my cushy couch.

[Image: k2-_42fa2f7c-dfd5-4f43-82e3-0b899f52b30c.v2.jpg]

On Pinterest they probably have one made of discarded pallets.... seriously, wood seems to be the material of choice, and you can cut it any way you like....sturdy. Find a wood worker if you don't want to do it yourself, shouldn't cost much, it's just a few pieces joined together.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man