Somehing Christians Should NEVER EVER EVER Use For Proof

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2013, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2013 07:20 PM by Jzyehoshua.)
RE: Somehing Christians Should NEVER EVER EVER Use For Proof
So does that mean you'd accept prophecies in recent times like Friedrich Nietzsche's prophecy went he went insane before dying? After he wrote a book criticizing Jesus ('The AntiChrist'), he went insane and prophesied the coming of WW II, writing "I have had Caiaphas put in fetters. Also, last year I was crucified by the German doctors in a very drawn-out manner. Wilhelm, Bismarck, [German leaders, Wilhelm II would start WW I] and all anti-Semites abolished." He also commanded the German emperor go to Rome to be shot and ordered the European countries to attack Germany.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_N....931900.29

Funny that the most well-known atheist would prove the most obvious example in modern times of prophecy after going insane, right after criticizing Jesus. It resembles how God took over the minds of Nebuchadnezzar and King Saul, turning them into prophets, in the Old Testament, after they both rebelled against Him. Ironically, God punished a guy criticizing Jesus by forcing him to prophesy a warning to the Jewish people of Hitler's coming. In an ironic twist, God turned His most hateful, skeptical opponent into a probably unwilling prophet to warn His people.

My website refuting alleged contradictions will be at BereaWiki.com.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2013, 07:18 PM
So all we have to do to prove that Christian prophecy is legitimate is bad-mouth Jeebus and then we go insane?

Jesus can go suck a big fat chode while getting rammed by Satan's cock.

Let's see if I still have my sanity intact tomorrow.

[Image: giphy.gif]
05-05-2013, 07:26 PM
(05-05-2013 07:14 PM)Jzyehoshua Wrote:  So does that mean you'd accept prophecies in recent times like Friedrich Nietzsche's prophecy went he went insane before dying? After he wrote a book criticizing Jesus ('The AntiChrist'), he went insane and prophesied the coming of WW II, writing "I have had Caiaphas put in fetters. Also, last year I was crucified by the German doctors in a very drawn-out manner. Wilhelm, Bismarck, [German leaders, Wilhelm II would start WW I] and all anti-Semites abolished." He also commanded the German emperor go to Rome to be shot and ordered the European countries to attack Germany.

Funny that the most well-known atheist would prove the most obvious example in modern times of prophecy after going insane, right after criticizing Jesus. It resembles how God took over the minds of Nebuchadnezzar and King Saul, turning them into prophets, in the Old Testament, after they both rebelled against Him.

Try to understand that skeptics don't "accept" foretelling of the future or Presentism. You can try to insert divinity where stochasticism explains it convincingly enough, see Occams Razor, but all that this does is convince me that you are the type that sees Jesus on grilled cheese sandwiches.

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
05-05-2013, 07:27 PM
(05-05-2013 07:18 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  So all we have to do to prove that Christian prophecy is legitimate is bad-mouth Jeebus and then we go insane?

Jesus can go suck a big fat chode while getting rammed by Satan's cock.

Let's see if I still have my sanity intact tomorrow.

No one has ever accused you of having your sanity intact even now Tongue

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
05-05-2013, 10:09 PM
(05-05-2013 07:14 PM)Jzyehoshua Wrote:  So does that mean you'd accept prophecies in recent times like Friedrich Nietzsche's prophecy went he went insane before dying? After he wrote a book criticizing Jesus ('The AntiChrist'), he went insane and prophesied the coming of WW II, writing "I have had Caiaphas put in fetters. Also, last year I was crucified by the German doctors in a very drawn-out manner. Wilhelm, Bismarck, [German leaders, Wilhelm II would start WW I] and all anti-Semites abolished." He also commanded the German emperor go to Rome to be shot and ordered the European countries to attack Germany.

Funny that the most well-known atheist would prove the most obvious example in modern times of prophecy after going insane, right after criticizing Jesus. It resembles how God took over the minds of Nebuchadnezzar and King Saul, turning them into prophets, in the Old Testament, after they both rebelled against Him. Ironically, God punished a guy criticizing Jesus by forcing him to prophesy a warning to the Jewish people of Hitler's coming. In an ironic twist, God turned His most hateful, skeptical opponent into a probably unwilling prophet to warn His people.

Incoherent Ramblings that only look like prophecy when you squint ≠ Prophecy.

Here's another "amazing" WWII prophecy.

After the treaty of Versailles was signed, French General Ferdinand Foch said, "This is not a peace, it is an armistice for twenty years". Twenty years ans sixty five days later, WWII started. OOOOOOOOOOOH!Shocking

Oh, and what about all the people who have criticized Jesus and not gone insane?
[+] 1 user Likes TheLastEnemy's post
06-05-2013, 07:15 AM
I've seen a listing of over 300 prophecies of Jesus's first advent fulfilled. You can start here:

http://www.christsavesministries.org/ind...sf=vw&id=5
06-05-2013, 07:39 AM
(06-05-2013 07:15 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I've seen a listing of over 300 prophecies of Jesus's first advent fulfilled. You can start here:

http://www.christsavesministries.org/ind...sf=vw&id=5

Yep, when the guys were writing the New Testament, they were sure to reference the Old Testament, because that's how you write a good sequel. You don't foreshadow and then fail to deliver - that's just bad style.

Jesus remains one of my favourite literary characters. I mean, who is better than a guy who punishes a tree for not bearing fruit at the wrong time of year? That's awesome. Anti-heroes can make a story much more interesting.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Elesjei's post
06-05-2013, 09:14 AM
I have some predictions. Jeisue, will come forth on the night of the full moon in the year of the great darkness that hath befallen a city where tea hath spilled. He will be a man of great stature, with hair that is golden and biceps that are rippling. He will build a boat, and take forth his flock to the lost city of Atlantis and he will form a new land.

Now, give me a few months to write a "true" biography of a guy names Jessie from Boston who's parents are Swedish and that built a boat and took his friends fishing one day and never returned, and then let's see if any of my "predictions" come true.

Evolve
06-05-2013, 10:15 AM
The link in post #16 is a perfect example of "earlier vaguely similar references" being "prophetic of Jesus as the messiah". Something similar happened to someone in a previous story [that probably never even happened, but was but fiction of that time], . . . that sounded like something that happened later. Voila! "Prophecy"!!! If that's what you see as "evidence", . . . that's up to you, . . . but it is obviously uncompelling to those who actually SEE what's going on.
[+] 1 user Likes DeavonReye's post
06-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Quote:Jesus remains one of my favourite literary characters. I mean, who is better than a guy who punishes a tree for not bearing fruit at the wrong time of year? That's awesome. Anti-heroes can make a story much more interesting.
Stuff like this is one reason I'm now considering vacating this forum permanently. No freethinkers are reading the scriptures in any kind of context.

The fig tree represents Israel. The fig tree shriveled but was not consumed. Secular Israel will bear fruit when Messiah returns, "even so, when the fig tree sprouts fruit, summer is near." Jesus is setting an (approximate, not exact day) time for His Second Advent.