Somehing Christians Should NEVER EVER EVER Use For Proof

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2013, 01:25 PM
RE: Somehing Christians Should NEVER EVER EVER Use For Proof
(06-05-2013 01:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 01:19 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Why not? God breaks his own rules all the damn time. Remember that whole "thous shall not kill bit" and then The Flood?
A fair point. The difference of course is God would have given life and it all therefore belongs to Him to do as He would please.

Then your god is an asshole.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2013, 01:26 PM
(06-05-2013 01:06 PM)childeye Wrote:  This is a prophecy,"I will open my mouth in a parable; I will utter hidden things ".
"Reality isn't finished yet."

Are you drunk ? Bla bla bla. The gospel HAS been "spoken to the world". It's BS. "Reality isn't finished yet". He could at least get it started. Nothing has changed ONE IOTA. You just said a parable is a parable. We're talking about prophesy. STICK TO THE SUBJECT. Now all ya gotta do is show me ONE place that Jebus or his followers EVER ONCE talked about the "New Jerusalem". Good luck with that.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
06-05-2013, 01:28 PM
(06-05-2013 01:20 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  "Just because everyone didn't believe the world was round didn't make it so."

Dude, you even come prepared to refute your own arguments.

"The evidence is the Gospel spread all over the world.'

Just because everyone believes it, doesn't mean it is completely fucking wrong.
Respectfully,You do err my dear Sir. In that I merely said it was spread all over the world as foretold. It is not even supposed to be believed by everyone as foretold. For that is the point of it.
06-05-2013, 01:45 PM
06-05-2013, 01:46 PM
(06-05-2013 01:25 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 01:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  A fair point. The difference of course is God would have given life and it all therefore belongs to Him to do as He would please.

Then your god is an asshole.
Really? Why?
06-05-2013, 01:52 PM
(06-05-2013 01:46 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 01:25 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Then your god is an asshole.
Really? Why?

If you give someone a set of rules and say "live by these" and then you expressly disobey them at the expense of everyone else while proclaiming they worship you, then you are an express grade-A genuine bonifide evil asshole.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
06-05-2013, 01:54 PM
(06-05-2013 01:28 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 01:20 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  "Just because everyone didn't believe the world was round didn't make it so."

Dude, you even come prepared to refute your own arguments.

"The evidence is the Gospel spread all over the world.'

Just because everyone believes it, doesn't mean it is completely fucking wrong.
Respectfully,You do err my dear Sir. In that I merely said it was spread all over the world as foretold. It is not even supposed to be believed by everyone as foretold. For that is the point of it.

The acrobatics is almost impressive. It makes no difference to you that Islam and Judaism make the same predictions of their spread?

—Thomas Henry Huxley
06-05-2013, 02:00 PM
(06-05-2013 01:46 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 01:25 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Then your god is an asshole.
Really? Why?

And herein lies the the crux of debating believers of the mystical. No matter what is said to discredit their beliefs, no matter how obvious to the unbrainwashed, the believers will keep their eyes, ears and minds steadfastly shut. Reality bounces off of their skulls like water off of a simonized duck's back.

The most dangerous place to stand is in between someone and what they want to believe. - anonymous

We are more interested in observing the world and taking our lessons from those observations than debating finer points of scriptures that are probably no more than fables to begin with. - Victor Stenger

The backfire effect predicts that if you present some people with evidence that contradicts their strongly held beliefs it will reinforce their existing opinions, rather than changing them. - Brendan Nyhan and Jason Reifler

Old beliefs die hard even when demonstrably false. - E. O. Wilson

There is something feeble and a little contemptible about a man who cannot face the perils of life without the help of comfortable myths. - Bertrand Russell

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
06-05-2013, 02:10 PM
(06-05-2013 01:52 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 01:46 PM)childeye Wrote:  Really? Why?

If you give someone a set of rules and say "live by these" and then you expressly disobey them at the expense of everyone else while proclaiming they worship you, then you are an express grade-A genuine bonifide evil asshole.
I must assume you are aware that the rules that were given were for manknid and expressly to those people called Israelites? I also assume you were aware that these laws were the Old Covenant? The rules were never meant to make men righteous, but rather to show all men were sinners. Your statement,"disobey them at the expense of everyone else while proclaiming they worship you", does not make any sense to me. It seems to me since God made all things everything is at His expense. Nor do I understand why you say, "while proclaiming they worship you". Where is this proclamation? Or did you mean that God demanded worship?
06-05-2013, 02:16 PM
(06-05-2013 02:00 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  [quote='childeye' pid='304310' dateline='1367869610']
Really? Why?

Quote:And herein lies the the crux of debating believers of the mystical. No matter what is said to discredit their beliefs, no matter how obvious to the unbrainwashed, the believers will keep their eyes, ears and minds steadfastly shut.
This is an unfair and hypocritical assessment for any man. A man simply asks why someone else believes a certain way, and he is counted as having his eyes and ears shut?